What is the greatest thing your country has ever accomplished?

What is the greatest thing your country has ever accomplished?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crécy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poitiers
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Neville's_Cross
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sluys
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nájera
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ruling and Civilising most of the world.

Oh, just about anything really.

Where do I even start, it's as if every undertaking could be seen as a great feat in human history.

Being generally well-liked within the international community.

There are a lot of us :/

depravity

Greatest feat:
My whole ethnicity were slaves to a few Germans for 700 hundred years.

Sure is impressives
All these spear-wielding non-whites machine gunned...

no need to sully your hands when the continentals shall do it all for you, and be damned happy for the privilege

I don't know. I'm Singaporean.
>first world
Right smack in a trade route

Liberation of İstanbul

Only impressive one there is France desu. Rome =/= Italy and it's vastly overrated.

Held off the turkroaches for 400 years with little to no support

stayed "neutral" whilst making a shitload of money from wwll

>Rome =/= Italy
t.retard. Italy got it's name from before Rome was a republic.

>Rome =/= Italy

Linybeige pls
We are rightful Romans

Gas the Magyars, united Slavs NAO.

Mexico: manage to have trully independent diplomatic relations inspite of being next to the American bully, e.g. being the only Latin American country to not break relations with Cuba during the cold war.

Kek if we counted satellite states and occupied stones, the UK's map would be near complete, napoleons empire was impressive but who did he surrender to? ...twice?

Also, nations forced to adopt british systems would literally include the USA, France & China.

Whatsmore is it is not as though the brits didn't have to btfo of france numerous times to expand and perpetuate their empire.

>Kek if we counted satellite states and occupied stones, the UK's map would be near complete
Britain never had any power in Europe
Even after the downfall of Napoleon, Britain was powerless.
Russia and then Germany were the masters of Europe until America took this role after WW2

>napoleons empire was impressive but who did he surrender to? ...twice?
Russia and Prussia
Pic related, Britain had no role in Napoleon's first and most important defeat

>Whatsmore is it is not as though the brits didn't have to btfo of france numerous times to expand and perpetuate their empire.
Only happened once, in North America (French and Indian War)
And it took Brits a whole decade to beat a French force they outnumbered by 4 to 1

>Whatsmore is it is not as though the brits didn't have to btfo of france numerous times to expand and perpetuate their empire.

Bullshit, here's how the British "empire" looked like after the last time Britain had to face another european power for expansion
Literally everything else (aka 80% of the British Empire as we know it) was taken from backward third-world barbarians

>Britain never had any power in Europe
>Russia and then Germany were the masters of Europe until America took this role after WW2

Except that's historically bullshit on several accounts.

The early Angevin Empire was historically Europe's most powerful kingdom for it's brief period.

Even afterwards, the Tudor kingdom was only slightly beaten by the HRE

The Angevin Empire was French, faggot
Pic related, all of the French lands were part of it before England was
It's not England that took over Western France, it's Western France that took over Europe

Also, it was pretty irrelevant on the European scale
It had a rivalry with Eastern France (Kingdom of France), but no one East of the Rhine or South of the Pyrenees gave a shit about it

>it's Western France that took over Europe

England I meant, not Europe

You're either a French faggot, or a dumb American with too much lard on the brain.

Quit acting retarded, please. There's just so much wrong with what you're saying.

Um...no, sweetie. I'm pretty sure it was the Anglo-Saxon/Norman kingdom of England which took over the entity of France.

Plantagenets had complete sway over all of Western Europe, from Scotland down to the Mediterranean.

>in b4 normans are French!!111

The Holocaust.

Search your heart, fellow Germans, you know this is our most significant deed by far. Perhaps our only deed worth of note a couple centuries from now.

>You're either a French faggot, or a dumb American with too much lard on the brain.
I'm neither American nor French, but Irish

>Um...no, sweetie. I'm pretty sure it was the Anglo-Saxon/Norman kingdom of England which took over the entity of France.
You're an imbecile
Do you know what "Angevin" means?
It means "from Anjou", a French region that took over Western France and then inherited England
England was the last acquisition of that empire, that's the reason why it was called the Angevin Empire and not the English Empire

>Plantagenets had complete sway over all of Western Europe, from Scotland down to the Mediterranean
Bullshit, they only ruled over their ancestral lands in Western France and their newly obtained colony England
They were totally irrelevant in Spain, the HRE and beyond

>in b4 normans are French!!111
The Normans were pretty much French, but that's completly unrelated to the topic
The Angevins werent Normans (from Normandy), they were....Angevins (from Anjou).

>It means "from Anjou", a French region that took over Western France and then inherited England
This is 1066. There was no sold concept of "French". Why do you think the Normans decided to invade England? The House of Normandy was literally related by blood to the Anglo-Saxon and Danish kings.

These are the same Normans who conquered Ireland, southern Italy, and Jerusalem.

>Bullshit,
Go look at any map. The IRISH and Scottish paid homage to the Plantagenets. You should know about that.

Henry V came close to conquering all of geographical France.

Treaty of Troyes literally said that Henry V was the rightful king of France.

>They were totally irrelevant in Spain, the HRE and beyond

Which is pretty dumb, again. Many were married to Spanish princes. It was the Black Prince of England who restored Pedor to his Castilian throne.

You do realize King John's son was King of Germany, correct?
>The Normans were pretty much French
Lol. If you honestly think this, then I know you're an idiot. No historian has ever uttered the words, "The French invaded England in 1066." .

>This is 1066. There was no sold concept of "French".
The concept of French existed since the 9th century
And Angevin Empire didnt happen in 1066 had had nothing to do with Normans, stop mixing everything up

>Why do you think the Normans decided to invade England? The House of Normandy was literally related by blood to the Anglo-Saxon and Danish kings.
Holy shit, you're a complete idiot
William invaded England because of a promise the English king had made to him
William had very few Danish blood, and his one Danish ancestor (Rollo) had nothing to do with the Anglo-Saxons kings of England, you utter retard

>Go look at any map. The IRISH and Scottish paid homage to the Plantagenets. You should know about that.
Yeah, the Plantagenet had influence on the British isles and France (their ancestral homeland)
But not on all Europe like you claimed

>Henry V came close to conquering all of geographical France.
Henry V had nothing to do with the Angevin Empire, idiot
The Angevin Empire died in 1259
You truly have no idea of what you're talking about holy shit

>The Normans were pretty much French
>Lol. If you honestly think this, then I know you're an idiot.
By 1066, they had been in France and had interbred with French for eight generations
Genetically, they had over 80% of French admixture and culturally they spoke French, lived the French way, fought the French way (and absolutly not like vikings) and even adopted the French religion

>No historian has ever uttered the words, "The French invaded England in 1066."
Butthurt British historians sure never will, but the Normans themselves admitted their Frenchness in the Bayeux Tapestry

Destroying Paragay.

Why do Brits on this board insist so much on ridiculing themselves?
Claiming that Normans werent French is one thing (albeit a retarded one) but claiming that Angevins/Plantagenets werent French? Seriously?
How butthurt and in denial can one just be?

>Franks
>French

If you were smart, you would know that "Franks" is a catch all term for Europeans. Here, it is probably referring to the Capetian relation to the Salian Franks.

>William invaded England because of a promise the English king had made to him
.....because they were related.

>But not on all Europe like you claimed
I claimed from Scotland down to the Mediterranean, which they did.

You're the butt-hurt Finnegan trying to claim that "England has always been irrelevant"

England isn't like you're backwater, trash island.

>Henry V had nothing to do with the Angevin Empire, idiot
I believe you're original comment was "England has always been irrelevant to Europe!!!111"

>this is French, that is French, everyone is French!!

In the year 1000 AD, the concept of "being French" was very weak.

>Butthurt British historians

As opposed to the Oscar WIldes of Ireland....?

>the Normans themselves admitted their Frenchness in the Bayeux Tapestry
the Normans themselves admitted their relation to the Anglo-Saxons by invading England also

>someone 1000 years ago, living in our modern day understanding of geographical France, means that they were French

Italians may as well be Romans now

Protip: If they weren't part of the Capet's fiefdoms, then they weren't French

But they were lmao. The kings of England were vassals to the kings of France and had to pay homage.

>Italians still trying to take credit for the Romans

Gets me every time

top kek, Frank means French, it's only the Muslims who called all Westerners "Franks" because 90% of Crusaders were French.

Don't you feel embarrassed at the amount of delusion and damage control you have to invest into denying you're a French colony?

Pic related, the king of England sucking the French king's dick in acknowledgement of the eternal inferiority and vassalage of England to France.

>inspite of being next to the American bully
you probably mean despite and 'bully' is a big word for a country that is based on corruption

>Franks
>French
The Frankish people wasn't French
But in the 9th century, a division happened within the Frankish Empire (Treaty of Verdun), which gave birth to the French people on the West, and the German people on the East

>If you were smart, you would know that "Franks" is a catch all term for Europeans.
If you were smart, you would know that past the 10th century, the term "Frank" no longer refers to the (then extinguished) Frankish people of Charlemagne, but to the French (who kept refering to themselves as "Franks" long after the end of the Frankish Empire, while Germans had already started refering to themselves as "Deutsch").
Franks only became a term refering to all Europeans during the Crusades, and only because the overwhelming majority of Crusaders were French, which lead the muslims (who had basically seen all the Crusaders they met call themselves "Frank" as thet were French) to generalize that term to all Europeans

>.....because they were related.
They werent

>I claimed from Scotland down to the Mediterranean, which they did.
Yeah, the French mediterraneran coast
So basically, just the British isles and Western France

>I believe you're original comment was "England has always been irrelevant to Europe!!!111"
I'm not the one who made that comment, my first post itt was You claimed that Britain was relevant to Continenal Europe through the Angevin Empire, and I then explained you that it was a French empire and not a "British" one
Now if you want to talk about the HYW, fine, but don't mix it up with the Angevin Empire

>In the year 1000 AD, the concept of "being French" was very weak.
But it existed
And by 1144 AD (the moment the Angevin Empire was born), it was much stronger

>As opposed to the Oscar WIldes of Ireland....?
Say what you want about us, but we arent the ones constantly expressing our butthurt on this board
Or on Youtube for what matters (Lindybeige)

Cont.

Cont.

>the Normans themselves admitted their relation to the Anglo-Saxons by invading England also

Invading a place = being related to it?
I bet Brits were related to Zulus then

But the Angevins were part of the core of medieval France, retard
Had you said that about Bretons or Occitans okay, but Angevins were the Frenchiest people at the time after Parisians

>The Frankish people wasn't French

Unless you're talking about pre-Clovis tribal Franks, yes they were. Merovingian and Carolingian France was just as much France as early Capetian France.

>no one in France was French until the revolution
>but surely, in 11th century England (which was at the time a mess of Celtic natives and Viking rape-babies ruled by a bunch of Franco-Danish nobles) everyone was 100% English and totally identical to modern britons

That picture is wrong, and so is wikipedia.

Denmark was not forced to adopt the continental system, it willingly adopted the system when Britain launched a sneak attack and tried to burn their capital (And successfully burned the fleet)
Prior to that Denmark was anti-Napoleon, because it was legally an absolute monarchy which had rejected enlightened despotism by way of literally settling the matter of succession by fisticuffs.

I should probably specify that Denmark was anti-napoleon but still neutral, trading with both sides.

However the entire army was stationed in what is now Northern Germany, in order to ward off a French attack, while making overtures to the British.

Lmao
British butthurt in this thead is amazing
Will they ever get over the fact they've been a French colony for centuries?

>Italians may as well be Romans now

But we are
We are the exact same people as the one that lived on the Italian Peninsula during Ancient times
Don't believe the Anglos meme about moorish invasions, we are the descendents of Romans

>we are the descendents of Romans

So are other mediterranean people. You don't even speak Latin.

Is this before or after Edward III and his son kicked the French up and down their own nation? That's like the worst possible example you could point to. Edward III and the Black Prince hammered the French more than anyone else in history.

>Edward III and the Black Prince hammered the French more than anyone else in history.

Edward III and the Black Prince were French

He was a Frenchman and a subject and vassal of the king of France, that's the point.

Lol the only real Romans left might be in the outskirts around rome. The rest of italy is a bunch of Germanic rape babies after the germans shat on rome

*mouth waters*

Being the World's only super power, and we will hold this position for as long as human civilization endures. Stay mad foreignfags

thousands of maids and call center workers

looks like a benis

Is any country as butthurt on this board than French people?

From a neutral point of view (I'm Mexican), Brits are way more butthurt than French on this board

I'm neutral too, and it seems every time Britain or the British Empire are mentioned, it is some sort of magnet for French insecurities.

From a neutral point of view, it seems that its because Brits get shit on more than any other people.

Well they subjugated more people than any other so...

Yeah I agree. I'm not defending the British, but its ridiculous how this board is essentially impartial to pretty much any event or people, until it concerns the British, when suddenly its

>HURR DURR FUCKK THE ANGLO

Is it because the Britain of today is basically a continuation of the British Empire?

As someone neutral, I think all of y'all retarded assuming nationalities on a board without flags are retard
As I browsed /int/ a lot, I know by experience that someone who loves France isnt necessarily French and someone who loves Britain isnt necessarily British

I shit on Britain because there are more of them online and many of them are inclined to be flag waving morons

The Eternal Anglo is a meme
Even people who have zero reason to be mad at Britain (like Serbs) spout it, pic related

Don't take every joke about your country as "an awful insult that demonstrate how butthurt these filthy frogs are!!!!!!"

>nb4 butthurt euros and
>it wasnt that great of an accomplishment
>its really kore impressive to accomplish things here on earth
or the classic
>nice movie

t.zhang lee

>Lol here's an Englishman sucking French cock
>But that's just a painting and also it's the same guy who kicked the fuck out of France for his entire lifespan
>lol yeah he's French get it?
What the fuck am I reading?

I am turk btw :^)

If you don't want to get mocked, maybe you shouldn't be such hilariously delusional and asspained shitposters.

lmao when did he "kick the fuck out of France"? He fought desperately to be recognised as king of France so he wouldn't have to go down in history as the king of fucking England. I feel bad for him that he failed.

>When did he kick the fuck out of France?
The majority of his reign?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Crécy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Poitiers
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Neville's_Cross (Scots were French allies)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sluys
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nájera (Highly successful proxy war in Spain)

And there would've been even more if the Black Death hadn't cock blocked him by killing all of his peasants and his big ass army hadn't been blow off course when he tried to reinvade.

>He fought desperately to be recognised as king of France so he wouldn't have to go down in history as the king of fucking England.

>He fought desperately to be king of both
ftfy

>serbia
nothing

lol no, literally nobody else wanted the crown of England.

>wifi
>Men at Work
>Selling kangaroo ball bags as charms
Yep.

OH AND THE FUCKING LEGEND OF THE ANZACS- Oh right.. Anzacs. Fucking New Zealand.

We busted some Turkish heads, that's gotta count for something right?

but the italians are as roman as the english

it's odd really, that company is swedish

Sweden is an American colony
You'll hear English more often than Swedish on their national TV
Not dubbing while in the mean time importing 90% of your movies and series from the US results in that

Owned by an American publisher, making games for an international but especially American audience

>You'll hear English more often than Swedish on their national TV
Kek we have a problem with the influence of English on our language but this is an exaggeration to the point of being fiction.

whatever happens in Sweden hasn't any connection with intent on the part of my country

Which ethnicity?