/BLOCK/ Calm Before the Storm edition

BLOCKNET General - [BLOCK]
>Currently rank 95+ on coinmarketcap with a cap of 20mil.
>Tiny trade volume and support @200sat
>Will easily hit 80mil next month after DEX is out of beta + Wallet overhaul.

This shit is gonna moon so hard once it softforks next month, new wallet and decentralised exchange are going public as well as SPV functionality in the works.

The closest thing to this is WAVES with a cap of 500mil (chance for BLOCK to go 25x). ARK is also working on bridging but are years behind development wise.

Twitter: twitter.com/the_blocknet
Slack: blocknet.herokuapp.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALxr7MpaIoA
coinstorm.net/whitepaper_ioc.pdf
linkedin.com/in/dan-metcalf-b821a812
digitalmoneytimes.com/dan-metcalf-publicly-issues-statement-on-accusations-made-against-him/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

will look into this. thx for the tip mr shill

Thank you merchant you are my greatest ally

Already holding for a wee while. The stability over the past few weeks it's pretty safe in the 200k range, can't see it falling much further, but I can see it growing higher. Has already hit 330+ before

Yeah, once word gets out on this it should go back to 300k easily. It's been steady at 200k and breakout seems inevitable.

bought last week.
very promising low cap coin.

I will buy this once I manage to get rid of my bags

Why block is better than waves ?

Waves deleted Nigger Coin.
They must perish.

This is going to be great, I know because Dan Metcalf did a code review of his own shit and gave himself a thumbs up.

Waves uses colour tokens rather than being fully decentralised. With blocknet, you can trade direct from 1 wallet to another without any deposits. Just put an order in and it's set.

Another advantage of this is that you can put in multiple orders at the same time rather than 1 bid at a time ala. traditional exchanges

This too Waves can censor and ban coins whenever (((they))) want to. Blocknet is fully decentralised.

What is the difference between this, Ark and "Internet of Coins"? all of them aim to link different blockchains with each other

Blocknet has a working beta and are pushing their open release next few weeks. They have been successful with bridging for a while now. See this video as an example trading syscoin for btc using the blocknet client (the new client is also being pushed for release):

youtube.com/watch?v=ALxr7MpaIoA

ARK has just started development of their bridging and wont have a decentralised exchange for another year tops. Blocknet is already 3 years ahead.

Other coins push 'internet of coins' but use coloured tokens i.e give markers to coins then allow for trade whereas blocknet can trade wallet to wallet, blockchain to blockchain directly.

Im not sure if IOC uses coloured coins or not... and its on a crowdsale right now so I was considering buying some.

coinstorm.net/whitepaper_ioc.pdf

Also, does Blocknet need that you run a full node of the coin you want to trade? I run a bitcoin full node, the problem is most people don't, and you need tons of people to have a liquid market. The dream of a decentralized poloniex needs tons of people, if you need a full node for each coin you want to trade its just not gonna happen.

Additional blocknet question: The current supply is 3,910,516 BLOCK , what is the total supply and rate of inflation? how do the coins get distributed?

pic related. I want to know how many coins will exist at X time to see if this is an attractive investment or not.

So what should I do? But $100 of it then sell when?

Amazing how you can scam the whole crypto communityl just lay low for 2 years and then come back like nothing ever happened.

Who's this?

>We define a hybrid asset as a blockchain-agnostic set of tokens[5] allocated on multiple digital

>Our proposed network daemon (hybridd) ’glues’ cryptoassets and coins together by passing around datasets or tables value exchanges or multiple blockchains.

Seems as though ioc is using coloured tokens but will have to read up on it abit more.

Blocknet does not use masternodes. A "masternode" is something people use in coinjoin to try anonymise transactions.

The Blocknet uses "exchange nodes". Exchange nodes won't control any coins during a trade; they will function to distribute the trade fees across the network.

With the blocknet exchange, the devs are proposing 5000 coins to run a node but this is not finalised yet.

The rate of inflation is 3% per year so 12000 coins per year. The total coins at launch ico was 10mil but 4mil were sold and 6mil are in a burn wallet.

Im not talking about masternodes.

All im just asking is: A person that does not run a full node (the average joe that uses Coinbase and Poloniex for crypto->crypto trading), how does he trade with blocknet?

The demo on that video is wallet to wallet, both using full nodes for the respective coins.

I dont get it desu.

Dan Metcalf, dev for Blocknet. He was also dev for XC coin and ran a scam with a well known pumper named Prometheus where Dan would code shitcoins like Halcyon under fake names, then do code reviews of his own coins as Dan to hype them up. It also came out he owed a ton of money to the IRS which is why he was doing pump and dump schemes. Seriously he is a tool.

I found this:

linkedin.com/in/dan-metcalf-b821a812

whats the backstory of the so called scam?

To trade without running nodes, SPV multiwalletsare being developed and are being worked on. Right now a new UI is almost ready for deployment but SPV is on the top of their list.

But SPVs arent decentralized, just are just trusting other parties. Whom would you trust in this model?

That's for the developers of other coins to implement. So far a small handful of smaller coins have implemented blocknet into their code but this is a major hurdle the team is going to have to overcome.

So you are depeding on for example Electrum adding Blocknet support? why would they bother?

Also to reach mass adoption we need this to run on internet browsers...

Read above your post. Not saying the guy can't code but he is an unethical guy, just consider that when investing, I invest in people not projects.

Well, that doesn't sound good.

I have no idea of the background of this and what the truth is, but here is a statement he released in response.

digitalmoneytimes.com/dan-metcalf-publicly-issues-statement-on-accusations-made-against-him/

>digitalmoneytimes.com/dan-metcalf-publicly-issues-statement-on-accusations-made-against-him/
what about this
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.0

200k sats is the old resistance and new support. This is the last chance to get in before the breakout occurs.

I can easily see this thing in the $25- $30 range in the upcoming months due to the low market cap

I'm balls deep into blocknet. I've been buying for weeks. Didn't want to tell Any of m mates until I had finished buying.

It really is the next big thing. It will be a decentralised trustless exchange making t better than bitshares which has a MK of $500m

Buy and hold for 4-5 months for true life changing gains

Yeah, it's waves+bitshares tier tech really amazed how under the radar it is atm. The team have been saying on slack they're going to focus on marketing in the next few weeks though so we'll see where it goes.

I trust Francois over this piece of shit developer. Sorry.