Brutalism thread

brutalism thread

need me an /arch/ board

Wouldn't say I love the cement look but the style really draws attention to itself.

Why is it so hard to tell those styles appart.
I'm new to architecture but I can't tell modernism from brutalism most of the time

Modernism is characterized by steel and glass.
Brutalism is characterized by concrete.

Why is being in spaces so nice? Is it because I was raised on video games?

Brutalism works best at small scales. The inherent featurelness doesn't work well on big structures.

Brutalism can look alright but 99% of it is depressing government buildings

What spaces in particular?

good spaces

obviously you can't exist without being in a space but some spaces make themselves more known than others

This.

90% of my dreams are focused on places, not people or events.

I'm glad my parents took me on vacations a lot as a kid. My dreams are filled with memories of spaces.

it's a shame so many brutalist buildings are geting demolished
then again people from today is showing the same lack of respect that the brutalist architects showed for the old buildings

Pretty interesting how all of us on /his also happen to be interested in architecture. What naturally draws the history buff to architecture?

brutalist architecture I actually like lmao good job

i guess that's because architecture often also reflects the ideals of their area

I can't unsee molten human corpses

I had walk by this ugly fucking concrete cunt cube nearly twice a day for 4 years. In an incredibly dark and cold environment this shit was bleak as fuck. Like some kind of soviet bloc structure or 1984 office with arrow slits.

That floating one. Neat.

Was Brutalism invented to crush the human soul?

>wanting to live in a cramped little concrete box

Imagine being the poor fucker who has to live at the very top. That's gotta be at least 4 elevator trips/stairwells to go through. And how to hell would you get furniture in and out? How did this design not get scrapped from the very start?

>Brutalism
>Modernism
Both are trash
yes

yes it is the ultimate commie form of art

You can clearly see two possible straightforward elevator routes.

>bashes brutalism by posting something that isn't even remotely linked to it
???
Anyway dumping some stuff I have.

that's something you expect in dystopian future fiction. I can easily see dredd patroll a building like that.

Beograd Series

(((Philippe Bona)))
(((Elisabeth Lemercier)))

Skopje series

Other Yugoslavia

fin

What a brilliant piece.

Overall great thread guys. Let's have architecture threads more often.

rate

The CLA building at my college, its two towers linked by a raised courtyard. This photo gives a nice view from the secondary tower, really lovely buildings but the interiours are a bit of a mess.

7/10

yeah, pretty much

Post more brutalist churches

really like this pic