Traditional Clothing

show me some nice traditional clothing from your country user

California has some truly magnificent inhabitants, these are "hippies", a small and marginalized minority group with fascinating customs. Note: They are generally not sanitary and proper precautions should be taken in interacting with them to prevent the spread of contagious diseases.

do you actually see these kinds of people?

Everyone in the world wears ours now

normie detected

i just hope for you, that you're not from Burgerland

Suits are based on 18th century English riding apparel. Its not exactly a folk costume but there never really has been an English one anyway. This is as close as it gets

t. rural America

suits go even earlier, you could argue that suits are just a improvement that reinvented itself, starting roughly around Baroque times.

but you're right the modern "cut" of suits it taken from tailcoats

Ireland 'ere

We used to be a lot more fashionable than we are now

Can't decide which looks more qt, Turkic or Slavic dress. Eastern Slavic looks like both.

looks good
them drapes tho
i think slavic is better but in terms of qt the French lead easily

>We used to be a lot more fashionable than we are now

At least you wear shoes now

The North American tribe of Disco went abruptly extinct in the late 1970's.

Reddit tier posts

What shall it profit a man to gain all the shoes in the world but lose his sense of style?

Filipina Maria Clara dress

Filipino barong

It's a culture not a costume! I'm tired of non europeans wearing our suits, and appropriating our culture.

Jamal and Mohammed need to go back to wearing robes and loin clothes.

>post colonial dress.

don't you flips have any pre western contact clothes?

Do loincloths count?

JK I'm still searching for a cool one to show.

What do abbos wear?

Tbh I wouldn't mind if durkas wore their traditional clothing and Chinks wore their dank-ass robes when doing business. It's just so boring seeing all the non-whites emulating white attire all the time.

Wow, props to her! Doing cocaine for so long and she only just croaked from it last year!

>white attire

You mean English entire? Slavs, Swedes, and Greeks, just to name a few, had traditional clothing that weren't suits and ties at one point.

if your country has
'traditional clothing" then youre no better than an African or Abbo

Florida history is sort of like a more flavorful wild west to me.

Possum skin cloaks

then yall shouldnt have colonized them and forced them to dress like you

Anyone here ever wore a renaissance dress? They look really comfy, like a pillow you can wear. hug yourself.

what a senseless post, are you a simpleton?

Reddit tier response

They would have if not for European colonization and enforcing dress codes on the people.

The woman grinding maize on the left makes me hard.

Mixtec coast of Oaxaca.

Colonial Mexico

Colonial Mexico, Zapotecs of Tehuantepec.

Great thread, will contribute with posts from Macedonia.

Some are fucking retarded, have no clue why they wore them.

lmao who needs eyes

how clownlike

*blocks your path*

It's some gigantic monisto.

Depends on the region, but in general they really liked ornamentation, but those are more like sunday best, they didn't wear them everyday, they had normal clothes for everyday.

Personal favorite, Greek town dress from Thessaloniki.

>traditional dresses
Did people actually wear these? They look unpractical and I don't know if a peasant family could afford a fancy dress just for special occasions. I suspect that most of it is an invention of 19th century romanticism, just like 90% of "traditional" stuff.

>invention of 19th century romanticism, just like 90% of "traditional" stuff.
source?

>greek dress
You mean Ottoman dress

None, I'm just speculating, but here's actual photos of Russian peasants from 1910s. By that time textiles and dresses were mass produced and much cheaper and more available than before, in "traditional" times. Still, the everyday dress is plain, simple and practical.

Another example, I guess this was the fancier dresses in the village the girls could find.

>Still, the everyday dress is plain, simple and practical.

They're taking a break in the middle of manual labour dumbass, why would they be wearing their Sunday best?

yes they did wear these, maybe not in Russia or every part of Russia but in Moravia traditional clothes were worn

Yes, my question being, do they even have the Sunday best? What percentage of population historically wore the "traditional dress"? Was the traditional dress the static thing we see in the illustrations or was it a constantly evolving and changing vogue?

It's hard to say because most depictions are of the upper crust of society.

Ukranians were the Mexicans of Europe, who knew?

Calm down, gringo, how else peasants must protect themselves from sun?

Kilts Better than the leg prisons everyone struts around in Nowadays.

There are a lot of dirty homeless people (not their fault that they're dirty of course, they're homeless after all) around, but to be honest I don't really see actual dirty hippies that often.

But I can still mock them anyway.

Why is it that so much traditional female clothing in tropics and sub-tropics cultures are designed around the breasts? The women are quite often wearing full frocks or tops, which even involve a head dress, and yet there they are, the boobs, hanging out through a specifically designed opening. I'm assuming the women designed their own clothing back then right? Was it it do with the heat? Does exposed breast/nipple actually have a significant cooling effect? Or is there a more pervy/sexual reason for doing it? I would lose my mind living among these ladies.

Well a practical reason as in Korea, where the breast was exposed was to make it easier for mothers to breastfeed. The heat is a possible factor for its development in some regions, as sweat does tend to occur under the breast. Which is why I usually don't wear bra's when it's hot day. If I'm alone I won't even wear a shirt.

> I would lose my mind living among these ladies.
I don't think you would have been aroused by a sight of a naked breast if you had been raised in this society.

people used to have no more than 2 clothes but they were high quality

Other than the weird thing on the female hair I think it rocks

i considered the mammary factor. But i would have thought that slipping down a bit of cloth isn't too much of a hindrance to access the breast. So from that could i infer that breast feeding must have occurred frequently throughout the day, and into later age in these cultures? Where an active child could run up and latch on and then run off again after having a drink? I can't help but laugh.

Thank god the japs civilized you

No probably not, but i was referring to the me 'now'.

Ottomans are the biggest Greek-boos on the planet.

i have do one with male clothing

Coureur des bois, right?

Dutch is embarrassing tier

Imagine if women today would rock slutier/lighter clothes based on those ones... I would wear the male version without doubt,those barretinas look less faggy than the neo-tipical (I dunno if it's a word) than seems to be the most adopted.

That illustration is quite ugly, but apart of the earings, the only bad part is than the clothes aren't fit to the wearer, he seems like a kid has tried to wear his father clothes.

I wish we could go back to this honestly.

It would be nice.
Maybe sounds like fedora 2.0 but i would be happy to wear a cape as a normal winter garment...

I know what you mean, I love the poncho/sayo than the bro from the montanya occidental wears, seems comfy and very practical, but I would look like a try hard if I wore it as an everyday clothes unless I was as sheepherder.

That is amazing. It's essentially Amish attire but with the boobs cut out.

>Which is why I usually don't wear bra's when it's hot day.
>Teehee pay attention to me, I'm totally a woman, guys

I was waiting for the first fedora lord to get triggered over this.

French Canuck

L O N D O N

I would just as soon think such a device isn't necessary in that region

Himmerland Denmark

it bears no resemblance whatsoever to a dress worn by an Amish woman, regardless of the bust actually being concealed

have a (you)

Lebanese. The cap is a very very old style.

Lebanon again. A Druze, upper class Christian and lower/middle class Christian.

>ties
Literally invented in Croatia

Thats Athens, those are most likely Arvanites, aka Albanians, and we all know Albanians are Turks roleplaying as illyrians.

Pic is Bulgarian Tsar in Macedonian costume.

This, we literally called it Kravata, from the Croatian Cravat regiment.