What was the most retarded move in history?

What was the most retarded move in history?

>Inb4 attack Russia in winter

Dumping the criminals in Australia instead of executing them.

>inb4 comments attacking OP and his thread

Why would the execute petty thieves and forgers?

>Hey Sitting Bull, real nice land you got here. It would be a shame if someone came along and kicked you off of it...

To stop Australia from ever forming.

t. Australian

attacking Russia in the summer

Not killing Cortez/Pizzaro immediately, instead of attempting an elaborate execution scheme with one inept guard.

The British Crown not simply granting the American landowners titles to keep them invested in the system.

Italian invasion of Greece.

Supporting the Mujahideen in Afghanistan.

What about your quality shitposts?

>The British Crown not simply granting the American landowners titles to keep them invested in the system.

Something similar to this. Both sides would weep bitterly if they could see the world today and the price of their greed against the virtue of brotherhood.

>Killed this guy

Later, when Valentinian boasted that he had done well in disposing of Aetius, someone at court responded, "Whether well or not, I do not know. But know that you have cut off your right hand with your left."

Step aside faggots, none of you can contest this dude.

>be General William Elphinstone
>be appointed commander of the Kabul garrison in 1842 during the Afghan rebellion
>fail to suppress the local uprising
>panic
>decide fuck it, I'm leaving this town
>my adjutants tell me to just wait out the uprising here or at least head to the nearby forts and wait for relief
>fucking plebs aren't even the sons of the Director of the EIC so I ignore them
>take 4,500 soldiers and 12,000 camp followers intending to march through the Hindu Kush mountains back into India
>leader of the Afghan rebels approaches me
>"hey bro give me half of your guns and all your gunpowder reserves and we'll totally let you through"
>seems legit, do what he asks
>fucking plebs object again
>tfw only genius in this army
>next day my rearguard gets attacked by Afghan rebels which butcher my artillery officers and capture most of my cannons
>somehow they have modern muskets [how did that happen?]
>call for the leader of the rebels Akbar Khan the next day
>"wtf man"
>he tells me that he didn't have anything to do with the attack but he'll need time to calm the tribesmen down
>"oh okay I was worried for a second there, thanks"
>tells me to just wait before I proceed
>say yes
>plebs AGAIN object to my plans, I tell them to stfu
>suddenly attacked by more tribesmen, this time with modern cannons
>this continues over a few days
>Allahu Akbar comes back and tells me there's been a misunderstanding and I have to come to his camp to see it for myself
>say okay
>enter camp, suddenly taken prisoner wtf
>suddenly 20,000 tribesmen descend on the couple thousand now-leaderless men I left behind
>they all get slaughtered
>civilians get slaughtered too
>"On 13 January, assistant surgeon William Brydon, badly wounded and riding an exhausted pony, staggered into the fort at Jalalabad. He was followed by a handful of sepoys. All that remained of the original 16,500 men and women who had left Kabul only a week ago."
>mfw

Inventing agriculture.

There wouldnt be civilisation if that wasnt invented you shit

human civilization was a mistake

t.Neanderthal

That's his point I think

America supporting the Mujahideen would at least be in the top 10.

He got zucc'd

Spanish king who thought napoleon was his friend went and lost the entire country

>911

It astounds me that Britain allowed people to literally buy Officer positions without any experience whatsoever.

The US not becoming a part of the axis.

>quality
we are casual shitposters. we might eventually up the ante but we are hardly trying at the moment

Bulgaria starting Second Balkan War

WE WUZ PRUSSIA N SHIET

What would the brits have done with the land then? Herd the abos into pens and sort them?