prepare yourselves for the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

tezos.com/faq
tezos.ch/crowdfund.html
reuters.com/article/us-tezos-blockchain-draper-idUSKBN181250
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't the ICO uncapped though?

wasn't ethereums?

Uncapped, hyped ICOs can raise hundreds of millions these days and I wouldn't be surprised if Tezos pulled it off. It's going to be overvalued as fuck probably

Ethereum ICO was another age, when the market wasn't as inflated

people thought that the market was inflated back then and ethereum was waaay overpriced.

it's no different now.

I believe that this project is offering a real chance for the people to govern their own currency.

No leader(vitalik), no central powers(btc miners).

ps: these are still the early days of crypto. There's a lot of dumb money in play, but there's a fuck ton of smart money coming in.

If their uncapped ICO raises $100mm+, it will be 4x larger than any ICO to date. It says a lot about the Breitman's character that they are ignoring cryptocurrency self-policing and standards and not capping it below $30mm like every other project, many of which could have broke away from community standards and raised much more than they did. It's frankly reckless. It's their project, it's their choice, but nothing happens in a vacuum. (They also get cash directly from this ICO, 8.5% of the fiat proceeds, that doesn't go to the Tezos Foundation but to their own entity, which is a first I think).

This is the first ICO to my knowledge in which the founders get 8.5% of the fiat proceeds in cash in addition to 10% of the tokens. This means if things go well, they will be extremely wealthy even if their projects fails in 1 year. This 8.5% is through the Breitman controlled US entity, DLS. I wonder how many potential ICO participants do not understand that this ICO is endowing not just the Tezos Foundation (10% of tokens, plus fiat), handpicked by the Breitman's and "philosophically aligned" with them, but also the Breitman's via DLS (8.5% of the cash, 10% of the tokens). The conflicts of interest are many and the structure is murky. This also will put heightened regulatory scrutiny on the Breitmans personally and Tezos in general. If we can't self-police, the SEC may do it for us. And the largest ICO ever, one that solicited US investors and funneled cash to a US entity, seems like the most obvious target to date. Unlike TheDAO, which was a disembodied pooling of capital and in which no one gained any money whatsoever, Tezos has actual targets who are actually raising money. Slock.it was considered greedy but never saw a dime from their ICO the way it was designed. The Breitman's will walk away from their ICO as ultra high net worth individuals (UHNWIs for people who love lingo). If Tezos ever becomes as successful as Ethereum is today in terms of market cap, the Breitman's will be billionaires. That doesn't seem like the appropriate out-of-the-box incentive structure for a decentralized technology platform

Why though? It gives them good motivation to succeed. Personally I find it fair.

if your logo cannot be drawn within 5 seconds with hand your logo is shit
-barron trump

>Pajeet here, why though?
If the ICO goes well, they will be extremely wealthy even if their projects fails in 1 year. Explain how that gives them "motivation to succeed".

Directly from their FAQ.
>tezos.com/faq

"Do you pronounce it Tay-zos or Tee-zos?"

"The Tezos team pronounces it Tay-zos, but you are officially free to pronounce it the way you like."

They care so much about their project, and you as investors, that it doesn't even matter how you say their name. Does that inspire confidence?

They can't touch that money until a verdict that their network is successful.

are you really worried about how pronunciation among the people affects the larger picture?

>"How do you say meme"
me-me or meem?

It doesn't matter which way you say it because everyone knows what it is.

Dev team said that it'll take at least 4 whole months to build their system and distribute tokens before it can go to exchanges... so yeah not so hyped now, when I could just get my gains during these 4 months...
>XTZ will most likely begin listing when the Tezos network becomes active and changes in ownership can be recorded on the blockchain. The development team estimates that the time to completion is around 4 months, however, bear in mind this could take longer due to unforeseen events common in software development. The Tezos Foundation will not be able to allocate tokens until the network launches. If you are anxious about exchange listing dates, we suggest you do not contribute to the fundraiser and wait until such a listing happens.
t. tezos.ch/crowdfund.html

You're lying pajeet, as usual.

This would have been a good buy but the founders are dead set on the simple uncapped crowdsale structure and most seem to have extremely unrealistic expectations for it.

It's very unlikely to be "Ethereum 2.0" or "the future" or whatever you think, you're just getting swooped up by the hype. Considering the times we're in it's going to reach a ridiculous valuation, sending amounts of money you could only dream of straight to the foundation, founders and Tim Draper's pockets. More risk, less upside.

It doesn't have a very good edge over Ethereum. Formal verification isn't magic and Ethereum is also working on it. The governance system is not magic either and might even be anything but beneficial.

Might as well buy DCR now when it's below top 20. Similar as far as I know, but better IMO

Or tell me one thing it's better than Decred

*better at. I will wait

I was planning on putting £10k into this.

But on the other hand I know it's going to raise something like $500m - $1bn.

On the other hand, if it reached ETHs market cap, that's still a big gain.

I've read the white paper and I do think it has some unique features.

You're not saying anything.

I'm saying I like it and will probably invest £10k into it.

reuters.com/article/us-tezos-blockchain-draper-idUSKBN181250

>So it's a smart contract thing, with many competitors
>Decentralized governance was already made and it's working now...unlike Tezos (Decred)
>Arthur Breitman had worked at the high frequency trading desk at Goldman Sachs and was an options market maker at Morgan Stanley
>Unlike previous ICOs, Kathleen Breitman said Tezos' deal would not be capped by a set number of tokens to be created.

These ICO's are really getting out of hand...pass