How did the gas chambers work in the holocaust?

I was watching some show about prisons on methods of execution, one of the methods (which aren't really used anymore) is gassing
It apparently is pretty complicated to do, set up, and maintain (which is why part of the reason it was phased out).

It got me thinking about the Holocaust which we learned about in school, and how they gassed people in masses. I guess kid me thought the gas came out of the shower head, or something, because I never really thought hard about it.

Well when I researched it (searched up how did the Holocaust gas chambers worked), I mainly found holocaust deniers and conspiracy theorists giving reasons how it was all fake.

I personally do not believe the Holocaust is fake (not just Jews were killed and forced to work in the concentration camps, but communists, POWs, and essentially anyone the Nazis didn't like), but I still don't understand how the gas chambers were really supposed to work.

How the gas chambers supposedly worked in the Holocaust was the dropped gas pellets from chimney holes in the roof into a shower room (which isn't sealed) and the doors (which don't look like traditional gas chamber doors, nor specifically air tight) were locked.

I don't understand how they are able to get the gas out without pumps (so they can cremate and move the bodies without getting gassed/poisoned themselves)

I don't think dropping gas pellets from the ceiling is much of a safe way of gassing as a "gasser?", I mean, what if it is windy, wouldn't it blow in your face before you
closed the chimney lid?

And the doors not looking like gas chamber doors.

Can someone link a non conspiracy article on the workings of gas chambers during the Holocaust or an explanation? Thanks.

(also I just found this relevant pic 5 minutes ago, I don't believe the doors were wood initially, I am sure they were replaced. I mean why aren't the doors round/bulbed? like the other ones. I think it is for pressure or something).

Other urls found in this thread:

ihr.org/jhr/v13/v13n3p-9_Staff.html
imgur.com/a/725A7
i.imgur.com/Ikvhwvf.png
passporthealthusa.com/2015/12/whats-the-difference-between-typhoid-and-typhus/
who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs162/en/
argunners.com/lack-prussian-blue-staining-walls-gas-chambers/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemic_typhus
nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-one.html
nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-two.html
nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-three.html
nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-four.html
nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-five.html
nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-six.html
ia902607.us.archive.org/11/items/cremationdead00eassgoog/cremationdead00eassgoog.pdf
ihr.org/jhr/v08/v08p433_berg.html
i.imgur.com/KHxebex.jpg
i.imgur.com/i8b9bc2.jpg
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ratical.org/ratville/AoS/Propaganda.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiKlIjkl9TSAhXG5SYKHW97BOUQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNEAks9_zkdvWXyXG5FfzZhso-OWXQ&sig2=sP1rKLnodHFKZ98i5HWUhQ
drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Gu9NuQ7Zi4ZTFiYjFjZjUtOGNkYi00NzFiLTg5NTMtNWNlMWY2ODcxZDI2/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gas chambers are a myth like the skin lampshades and Jewish soap bars.

Not even a holocaust denier. but it's clear to see that elements of it are falsified.
Didn't Simon Wiesenthal come out recently and claim that he falsified the 5 million non-Jewish death toll for the holocaust? I'm surprised nobody actually investigated to make sure that claim was valid to begin with.

Holocaust wasn't real, jewish race&fate (originally gone extinct during middle-ages) was reinvented in 1945 as an excuse to execute most of Germany's leaderships.

You mean this ihr.org/jhr/v13/v13n3p-9_Staff.html

But what about all the other claims? And documentaries, history books and films. Seems like a mass conspiracy, which is weird to say. Like I mean when will these exaggerations be corrected in history books (if ever).

But to be honest I kind of enjoyed watching Holocaust documenteries in schools as a kid. Better than doing actual work.

At last I truly see...

Andre Lettich "Then SS-Unterscharfuhrer Moll dropped the gas through a little window. The cries that could be heard were frightening, but after a few moments complete silence reigned. Twenty to twenty-five minutes later the windows and doors were opened to air the room, and the corpses were immediately thrown into ditches, where they were burned"

So they just opened windows and doors for 25 minutes? To me this seems weird. I don't think windows are supposed to "open" in a gas chamber unless they has a really long pole maybe.

The problem is the amount of ash that would have been created. In many of the supposed mass execution camps, they haven't been able to find any human ash, or buried bodies. (In the places where researchers have been allowed to study. Many camps refuse research on this subject.)

Also, Zyklon B (the gas that was supposedly used) leaves a distinct prussian blue stain on walls. It was mainly used as a disinfectant for clothes which is why it was there. Nearly every country in Europe used it, including Britain and (I think) the US.

One theory for the masses of dead bodies found is Typhoid fever. It laves the body skeleton-like and most die from it. There was a massive Typhus outbreak toward the end of the war and many died because it was almost always fatal.

I don't believe or disbelieve the Holocaust, I haven't studied it enough to come to either conclusion. But there are some very troubling facts involved.

I was told the Zyklon B was actually just the brand name of a disinfectant still used today

>And the doors not looking like gas chamber doors.
That's because it isn't.

The one in all the photographs, the one that is opened to tourists, was repurposed later as an air raid bunker.

The outer door to the building and the inner door to the chamber were switched around, so the outer door is the big heavy steel one.

There are plenty of tourist pictures online, you can go see for yourself.

I think it was also used as an office at some point too.

imgur.com/a/725A7

>In case A, we have skilled workers in a hugely litigious culture working with dangerous materials
>In case B, we have literal slave labor who are likely to be executed as soon as the next batch of Sodercommandos are trained.
>Wondering why they have different safety standards

>And the doors not looking like gas chamber doors.

That's because the doors are reconstructions after the camp was demolished. If you want to look at contemporary documentation, I'd recommend this.

i.imgur.com/Ikvhwvf.png

Why do you think they'd want three "gas-tight" doors?

>Also, Zyklon B (the gas that was supposedly used) leaves a distinct prussian blue stain on walls.

You do realize that the Cracow institue of Forensic research DID find elevated levels of HCN in the gas chamber walls, yes?

>One theory for the masses of dead bodies found is Typhoid fever.

Typhus is not Typhoid fever passporthealthusa.com/2015/12/whats-the-difference-between-typhoid-and-typhus/

> There was a massive Typhus outbreak toward the end of the war and many died because it was almost always fatal.

Typhus is not "almost always fatal" who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs162/en/

There was also no mass outbreak of Typhus, only one in Auschwitz, which SURPRISE, was not the whole holocaust. And the typhus epidemic in Auschwitz was in 1942, in fact well before the camp really got going and they finished all those crematoria that would only be done in June of 1943.

>You do realize that the Cracow institue of Forensic research DID find elevated levels of HCN in the gas chamber walls, yes?
Yes, and they did in the hair of people too. the problem is that they did not specify the levels found, just confirmed that it was found. Zyklon B was used heavily and it is not at all surprising that people and the areas it was used in would have been contaminated with the residue.

That still doesn't explain why blue residue was not found.
Even this
argunners.com/lack-prussian-blue-staining-walls-gas-chambers/
is not very convincing to me. It seems like a grasping excuse, the gas would not have only reacted with the Zinc. The room would have been fully saturated with the gas, which means that it would have had to react with the Iron.

Thanks for pointing out the difference between typhus and typhoid fever, my mistake.
Though, you're wrong too.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemic_typhus
>Typhus epidemics killed inmates in the Nazi Germany concentration camps; infamous pictures of typhus victims' mass graves can be seen in footage shot at Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.[6] Thousands of prisoners held in appalling conditions in Nazi concentration camps such as Auschwitz, Theresienstadt, and Bergen-Belsen also died of typhus during World War II,[6] including Anne Frank at the age of 15 and her sister Margot. Even larger epidemics in the post-war chaos of Europe were only averted by the widespread use of the newly discovered DDT to kill the lice on millions of refugees and displaced persons.

I need to find better documentation of typhus deaths at concentration camps, I'll look into that.

was it 6 million? of course not, though I do not think 6 million jews and 5 million non-jews died in the war in concentration camps. There is simply a lack of evidence of that.

One more thing, go look at the supposed ovens you mentioned. Even using modern cremation techniques it takes quite a while to burn even a single body. There is no possible way that the ovens they had could have killed that many people even if they ran 24/7 and assuming that they were as efficient as modern methods.

Interesting to see Wikipedia again being cited as an acceptable source, when up until very recently it was a biased and iniquitous den of kikery.

Are the stormniggers giving up or has there been a change in tactics arranged?

>Yes, and they did in the hair of people too. the problem is that they did not specify the levels found, just confirmed that it was found.

Bullshit.
nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-one.html

nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-two.html

nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-three.html

nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-four.html

nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-five.html

nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/polish/institute-for-forensic-research/table-six.html

>That still doesn't explain why blue residue was not found.

Because it's been some 45 years when the Leuchter report was done (let alone now) and the stuff was exposed to the elements. HCN is enormously dissolvable in water. It rains in Poland.

1/2

>was it 6 million? of course not, though I do not think 6 million jews and 5 million non-jews died in the war in concentration camps.

There is also nobody claiming (besides deluded stormfaggots), that that was how the Holocaust works. Those death totals are for all purposeful deaths of civilians (so, for instance, not counting PoW deaths) by Nazi Germany. When the Einsatzgruppen sweep through Eastern Europe and butcher millions, those are Holocaust deaths, even though they're not in any camps.

>One more thing, go look at the supposed ovens you mentioned.

I didn't mention any ovens.

>Even using modern cremation techniques it takes quite a while to burn even a single body

Modern cremation techniques involve starting with a cold oven, burning the body into a consistent powder, often along with a coffin, cooling the oven, cleaning it out meticulously, and putting the ashes in an urn for grieving relatives.

Meanwhile, 1875 techniques were capable of burning an adult male body in 50 minutes.

ia902607.us.archive.org/11/items/cremationdead00eassgoog/cremationdead00eassgoog.pdf (skip to pages 124-125)

You can enormously reduce the time involved by multiple body burnings, since it's thick bones, especially around the skull and thighs that take the longest to burn, but are not the preponderance of volume, and let's not forget, that it takes far less time to burn up a child than it does to burn an adult.

None of this is particularly relevant anyway, because we have actual documentation concerning cremation capacity. 4756 a day means 1,735,940 between June '43 and June of '44, which is well over the death toll attributed to Auschwitz, nevermind the fact that the camp was in operation longer than a year.

For someone who is "not very educated" on the subject, and "maintaining neutrality", you're repeating a lot of long debunked holocaust denier claims. Why is that?

The reason they had to cremate the dead was to prevent the further spread of disease, especially through contaminated water. In the civil war of the US, disease killed twice as many soldiers as combat did. Dysentary, diarrhea, typhus, etc.
I do think many of the prisoners were genuinely executed and I do think it was an absolute horror, but I also think there are MANY lies designed to exaggerate the camps and garner sympathy for the jews, Especially because it increased support for the Zionists who were/are masters of propaganda and trickery and making themselves look like victims.

Those pictures of piles of skeleton like victims? It looks identcal to the last stages of typhus. As the war went on, the Nazis aren't going to focus on curing typhus nd saving their prisoners, they're going to let it happen and save their resources. That was a genuine extermination by negligence, in my opinion.

Think about it, why would the Germans, in a resource based war, take the precious time and resources to wage a mass extermination campaign? Why would they kill people instead of using them as labor?

>The reason they had to cremate the dead was to prevent the further spread of disease, especially through contaminated water.

But to take Auschwitz alone, if they need to cremate 4000+ people a day, that means they think 4,000ish people are dying on an average day. Considering the camp was designed to hold about 30,000 people, you're burning through the entire camp's population in a bit over a week. That doesn't ring any alarm bells to you?

>Those pictures of piles of skeleton like victims? It looks identcal to the last stages of typhus.

They also look like people who were starving. Considering we have things like Hans Frank's own documentation about how starving Juden to death was considered perfectly acceptable, why go and insist they MUST have been typhus victims?

>Think about it, why would the Germans, in a resource based war, take the precious time and resources to wage a mass extermination campaign? Why would they kill people instead of using them as labor?

Why would they have two completely separate and competing high commands in the form of OKW and OKH which would cause confusion and bureaucratic back-biting until the fall of Germany?

Why would they sink enormous R&D development, as well as manufacturing costs, into shitters like the PzVI, all those theoretical things like the Maus, the Me-163, the Gustav and Dora railway guns, building a battleship core fleet when they couldn't compete with the RN anyway, or those worthless Me-110s and 210s?

Why did they move in as brutal conquerors in the areas of the Soviet vassal peoples like the Balts and the Ukranians instead of acting more tolerantly and as liberators? It's almost like the Nazi bureaucracy and war economy isn't particularly rational and did all sorts of retarded shit.

Because I want to hear the arguments you have. I'm genuinely interested at learning more about this. I can get around your condescending tone, I don't care, it's just the internet, also don't care if people are going to assume things about me, again it's just the internet.

These are genuine arguments I see being thrown around in a lot of places (especially /pol/) and I stand corrected on a lot of it, thanks for taking the time to have this discussion.

I think a lot of your evidence is compelling and I'll look further into it.

Also, I'm not a "stormfag" and being skeptical about things is not "hate" of "denial" or whatever. I don't go around believing things just because people say it's true, I look into it and try to hold off an opinion. Again, this discussion has been really beneficial.

There is a simpler reason why there is a lack of blue crap on the walls, when they gasses people they blead all over the place and pissed and shat themselves, hence the chambers were thoroughly cleaned after each use.

Sigh, here we go again.

>One more thing, go look at the supposed ovens you mentioned. Even using modern cremation techniques it takes quite a while to burn even a single body. There is no possible way that the ovens they had could have killed that many people even if they ran 24/7 and assuming that they were as efficient as modern methods.

We have disposed of massive amount of corpses in modern times by burning them. It's really easy but the method isn’t all that advanced.

>Why would the Germans, in a resource based war, take the precious time and resources to wage a mass extermination campaign?

Pic highly related.

> Why would they kill people instead of using them as labor?

They did use them as labor. A "all I know about the holocaust is from Schindlers List" level of knowledge would tell you that.

>they needed every man they could get, why would they divert perfectly good soldiers to..

>they were so efficient, why would they waste resources and man power on...

Thanks

>by the end they were fighting on at least three fronts, it just doesn't make sense to waste...

Somewhat obscure edition with this one.

ihr.org/jhr/v08/v08p433_berg.html
"In my article about the German delousing chambers in the Spring 1985 issue of this journal, I included a brief discussion of the large, well-designed gas chambers which were used to fumigate entire railroad trains, one or more railroad cars at a time, with Zyklon-B. Those chambers would have been ideal for the mass-extermination of people if the Germans had ever intended to commit mass-extermination of Jews or anyone else."

"Any German official seriously interested in using Zyklon-B for almost any purpose would have been well aware of this superb technology. The people responsible for the "Final Solution," about whom it is generally conceded that they were otherwise intelligent and in many cases well-educated, would have surely read the German technical literature also. Any German official responsible for the purchase of large quantities of Zyklon-B would have surely seen the DEGESCH advertisements, not just once but many times, showing large, well-designed gas chambers about which numerous technical discussions could be easily found."

It's quite a long article and has many more points than that. Some of these are interesting and I haven't reviewed fully, especially counter analysis with opposing sources. Have any of you ever come across this?

My area of expertise is classical and jazz guitar. Again, I'm not claiming any kind of authority here, just interested in learning more. The resources here can be used to challenge others.

It mostly seems to be a long attack on a bizarre strawman, and not even a particularly effective one at that, since it contains a long non-sequitur, but some of that might be what I assume to be translation artifacts since I'm pretty sure the original would have been written in German.

In any case, he starts off by talking about how there were these large fumigation chambers which long predate the Nazi rise to power for fumigation of a train. He then goes on to state how much of wartime death came from disease and how anti-disease efforts are critical, and that Allied efforts destroyed the German supply and infrastructure.

None of that really hangs together, and is mostly based on starting with his initial assumption, that this was not an attempt at mass murder and then arguing from that assumption. He never gives any indication why the failure to design gas chambers similarly to whole-train fumigation chambers would be better for mass murder than what was historically employed and thus why their failure to do so proves anything. He never explains how strategic bombing offensives overwhelmingly centered in West Germany keep stuff from arriving in camps to Poland. He certainly doesn't go into why Allied PoWs (well, western Allied PoWs) didn't die in droves too the way the "untermenschen" did.

If these efforts were solely disease prevention ones that weren't enough, why do we have orders from the Fuhrer to make discussion of the "complete Solution" to the Jewish question forbidden. It is, however, permissible to say they're being drafted to work details.

i.imgur.com/KHxebex.jpg

What exactly is this one about? i.imgur.com/i8b9bc2.jpg

You're why holocaust deniers exist you condescending fuckwit.

>not mindlessly lapping up propaganda and then repeating it verbatim, is condescension

Really? Little old me? Funny, since I wasn't even born until 1987, and I'm pretty sure Holocaust denial has been around longer than that.

How does that work? Do they have time machines?

>propaganda
google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ratical.org/ratville/AoS/Propaganda.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiKlIjkl9TSAhXG5SYKHW97BOUQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNEAks9_zkdvWXyXG5FfzZhso-OWXQ&sig2=sP1rKLnodHFKZ98i5HWUhQ

The same debate between holocaust 'deniers' and holocaust 'truthers' is that literally the same power struggle with Libs and Conservatives in America today.

No matter what era you we're born in the debacle will be the same.

>Condescending fuck wit vs person fed up with lies

So no, as you are full well aware of; not little old you. Stupid fuck. You proved his point twice in a row.

Condescending to people who deny the deaths of millions of people isn't a fault of ours.

It's your fault for being monstrous little bastards in the first place. You twee fuck, if you don't want outright insults, maybe don't rant about 'muh war crimes denial'.

>it's lies because the propaganda told me so

So, you're admitting that holoxaust deniers are edgy retards who act the way they do because they're sick of people repeatedly demonstrating that they're wrong?

That explains a lot, actually.

>condescending to people for any justifiable reason
Atheist fedora spotted

>condescension is bad
>he says on 4 fucking chan

The problem with holocaust historiography is that it puts too much stock in eyewitness testimony.

There isn't really an effort to be as rigorous in treating the sort of yad vashem testimony with the skepticism it deserves because nothing is less PC than not believing a purported "holocaust survivor".

On top of this you've got a really supercharged form of secondary source regurgitation, a problem with all modern history, but for some reason it is especially bad with holocaust historiography. I mean the fact you've still got writers using Hilberg's Destruction including his chapters that make use of people like Wiernik's testimony is bizarre. No other historical topic would allow people to be so brazenly unprofessional.

Get off /pol/, it will ruin your life, literally. Had a friend who went on it five years ago and he is a miserable shell of his former self. It's almost as bad as /jp/ for your mental health.

Nobody said the truth was pretty. Realizing that people want your entire race wiped off the face of the earth and are in the process of making it happen through democide isn't very cheery.

Not the chap you're responding to.

>The problem with holocaust historiography is that it puts too much stock in eyewitness testimony.

That's funny, since the bulk of Holocaust historiography, and I mean real holocuast historiography, not /pol/ is based on primary documents and demographic decline.

Look through stuff like this, drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Gu9NuQ7Zi4ZTFiYjFjZjUtOGNkYi00NzFiLTg5NTMtNWNlMWY2ODcxZDI2/view
and see how much of it is based on "eyewitness testimony".

>t. someone who's life has been ruined by /pol/

If you mean materially, no. I was red-pilled enough before /pol/ to get into a decent degree program that offered high starting salaries and never a sperg.

If you mean in terms of how the knowledge of what is going on demographically affects me psychologically - it is a little depressing. But again, if you'd rather live in a comforting lie, then why not take it to its logical conclusion and live in a religious enclave of some kind and ensconce yourself with biblical history?