Where's your name from?

If you have a location-derived surname, like I do, post where you're from.
I'm from Loudoun in Ayreshire, apparently.
Also, just post the origin of your name.

i'm 100% nigger

Tyrone Jamal Egyptus at your service.

largely composed in Thüringen

Lowland scum

>Tyrone

Woo, those replies were fast. Is Veeky Forums on its way to being a fast board?

Don't you have bagpipes to play?

Y-yes

and a rebellion to cock up

>Mothers maiden name is Sailor and her fathers family is from England
What does this mean Veeky Forums?

I don't apparently
'' derives from the Old English personal name Wigheard, composed of the elements wig ‘war’ + heard ‘hardy’, ‘brave’, ‘strong’. '

Do you live in a port city perchance?

Mate is your name Wyatt too?

I for one live in Chicago but I theorize that my mothers paternal family came for somewhere in southern England like Plymouth, Devon.

Yes but I'm actually English

What does that mean?

I come from England

No way, really? I thought you just materialized out of the aether.

Lithuanian potato farming village in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Seriously would prefer my mothers name

are you autistic

Not derived from the name of the region by very strong associated historically.

>Cant into reading comprehension
>Calls others autistic

Let me try again, what were you asserting when you said "I'm actually English". Were you implying I'm not? Is that some sort of point of pride for you? And if so, why?

Most people I've seen with this surname are American.
Going ''OH WOW REALLY I THOUGHT YOU JUST APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE'' is a very strange thing to do.
So, yes I was.

Well I'm not American, but even so, I think taking pride your family didn't get on a boat at some point over the last couple centuries is not an achievement.

I don't take pride in that.

>Eastern Highlands
>Rebellious

Štjak, Slovenia

>Shuglo
>Inuit

Anyone wanna come seal clubbing with me?

Cheshire lads.
Pure perfidious Anglo.

Even though I despise my white-flag waving italian ancestors, I'd rather be called Mario or Luigi than having my parents give me a jew name like Jonas...

Wu

There were Martins most everywhere the Roman influence extended -- apparently the name, connected to Mars, was applied to "children of the legions" that were the inevitable result of men, stationed away from home for years, making new local friends. Plus colonies of discharged veterans represented little pockets where the name became common.

Note that Roman influence ext3ended well beyond the borders.

My crowd of martins came from Lewis to the USA, Lewis was a common frst name among them for the first few generations.

Fuck off Sam

O'Hara, this is where my family is originally from. Apparently there are a lot of families with this last name in north western Ireland.
Oak Park fag here.

how about posting some pictures of the area or giving us some history about it. Otherwise its not that interesting

>got a patronym
o-ok

my Da is from there. its a inbred farmer shithole.

Monteith

>Spinella
From the Spinola family of Italy. Derived from Spina.

>Person who lives near a thorn bush
Fucking kill me now

we wuz irish nd shit

Last name means "Ship" in Korean. My family is from Busan. Cmon negro. You know what it is.

>tfw french, first name is William and last name's straight from Normandy

I just have to get within a 15-foot radius of an englishman to make his derriere ache with centuries of anglo resentment

>also named William but have Scotch-Irish clan last name

From the Norman name "Payen" or something like this. Apparently my last name came to Britain after the Norman conquest. My family is British and German/Austrian/Danish/Generally Germanic.

Also named William, but German last name.

I'm from a noble family, so it's easy to figure out: from the family castle somewhere in the highlighted region and the small village around it.

Less than a hundred people have that name, and I know every single one of them. I'm the next in line to inherit the title, and it's crazy to think I'll inherit something my ancestors were granted in the early 11th century, though of course it doesn't mean too much anymore. Learning about the family's history when I was little was what started my interest in History, though.

Dude, that's a nice area, don't feel bad.

>muh alpine and moor terrain

also always remember that highlanders did fuck all, everything you know about Scotland was achieved by lowlanders.

O'Byrne?

My surname is from pic related.

>that's my name

pretty close

shit

What do you mean? I'm OP, and I don't feel bad about where my name is from. I was just bumping and ribbing Highland Moray.

My mother's maiden name, Klever, derives from Cleves.

My great grandfather was from Cleves. In Ohio.

Most of my family came from all over Italy, but met and married within this province pic related. So I'm assuming there.

what the devil is anyone in your line doing still existing?

Well, a ton of the family was killed during the revolution, others fled, except my direct ancestor. He was in the military, was thrown in jail and to be executed, then was taken out of jail because they needed qualified people to lead. So he fought for the revolution. Didn't have much choice. When Napoleon came around, he managed to secure his position. When Napoleon lost, he still managed to keep his position, amazingly enough. Then Napoleon came back for a bit, re lost, and my ancestor decided to retire. He got medals and honors from the Ancien Régime, the Republic, the Empire, and the restored monarchy. And his name is on the Arc de Triomphe. Pretty interesting guy. The rest of the family came back either under Napoleon or when monarchy was restored.

After the Revolution we did as we did before it: either serve in the army, or become high ranking officials. Except now we also often married daughters of rich industrialists who wanted that sweet, sweet nobiliary particule somewhere in their family tree. I've had genuinely interesting ancestors, who left memoirs that are fun to read, others were just pissing away the family's money.

Nowadays, it's mostly just delusions of grandeur and borderline LARPing, though. My grandpa is the last that feels like an actual noble. My dad just didn't do much. And I'm on a Chinese cartoon forum at 8am.

Sutherland, whoever decided it would be a nice place to live there was fucking retarded.

Over the last 600 years or so my family went from being clogs, to krauts, to burgers.

Name comes from a village near Goes.

The surname of my father-wise, from a small village situated in the whereabouts of Verdun that was destroyed by the Germans in the Great War.

Pretty interesting. Ait presque été un chevalier polonais par mon père quand sa marraine s'était mise en tête de lui léguer son titre, mais lui a décliné (mais à son honneur îl n'avait alors que 14 ans) ;-;.

Also, are you the Frenchie with the grandfather that fought with the FFL?

Munster, probably Cork.
Mahoney

Scarborough. Different websites say it comes from either a Norse (Skardi) or Anglo-Saxon (Skaroisburg) root so I don't know which is correct seeing as how the truth is behind a fuckhuge paywall.

I do know the castle was used as an anti-aircraft nest during WWII though.

Keep it alive man.

Apparently that's where Clan Young is from, but I don't know shit about Scottish history.

as if i didn't know

Sabljak, meaning sabre wielder, its from 14-15th century lika

I live in Australia but my grandparents are from Ayrshire

Do you live near brigadoon?

Whats your name lad Im curious
t. Dutch

North-West France.

Originates in Schleswig-Holstein, but is far more common north of the border today

God is my judge

Bromberg, family came from prussia

Owner of a garden with plum trees in Poland.

Muh clan lived here

Do you have 3 thumbs?

No, why?

From a family of dock whores

I live in Indiana, man. I'm diaspora.

Bump.

Restore your family to greatness user! Go start a business or something, minor capital and a solid foundation is all you need. The key is to have a successor that will take it further, and instill the values of legacy in him so that he'll do the same thing. In a few generations you'll have rich aristocrats, all thanks to you.

Oh, another fellow from Burgundy? What would your last name happen to be, as I'm aware mine is kind of uncommon.

>ywn make your family name as great as it once was

Where do i check

Ancestry.com.

But i have to pay for that

My surname comes from Osel, Estonia, aparently some teutonic knights went there and ruled for a while. Theres even a knight buried in a church with my surname.

Honestly i thought my surname was jewish

Seems like an interesting place.

van der .../ van den ...?

My surnames mean Axe-bearer and stony ford

>thought my name was jewish
Worse knights who reneged on their oath and converted to a heresy

>ayrshire
CAMPBELLS GET OUT REEEEE

Wow same my surname comes from Ayrshire as well.

Normandy

Lamont/Campbell?

Hello brother

Inbreeding, I'm guessing

My paternal grandfather was the Loudoun, and my paternal grandmother was actually named Campbell. What connection do Campbells and Ayreshire have?

Martel,so I guess from a place around here?

Davis

So Wales somewhere