Veeky Forumstory Prediction Thread

Now that we're living the age of mass information and communication, will this be the last spark of advancement before a chaotic world wide war, or will there be more steps for mankind to take to advance civilization and technology?

In your opinion, what will be the course of the future's history?

There'll be a world war. We need to get rid of a large chunk of the human species. The survivors will live in the new golden age.

Continued ecological destruction, the inevitable collapse of human civilization, and a positive feedback loop between the two so it's not going to get better.
Complex living systems will start to emerge again about 15-25million years from now

Life never dies and it's patterns don't either.
Looks like life will lose its shot at becomeing conscious with humans though. It's a shame, who knows if life will ever get the chance to be aware of itself holistically again.

This will be the last spark of human advancement before we become subordinate to artificial intelligence and machines and are eventually exterminated.

China and India will be superpowers by the end of the century.
The EU and Russia will join forces, they'll be rich but in decline.
The USA will support India.
Pretty much all of the aforementioned blocks will be set on containing China.
China will colonize Africa.

Honestly i feel like the world (politics wise) calmed down a little after trump's election, otherwise it was a tiny slip away from a full blown WW3.

Not sure if that will postpone any economical collapse or anything, but it seems like Armageddon is closer than ever.

>The President will be assassinated or impeached
>American civil war part 2 will break out
>Germany will be a superpower again and occupy Europe
>Russia will go to war with the Turks
>WW3 is possible

NO MORE TURKISH PIES

Can't wait for the next seers to predict what will happen. Maybe everything from above but in different dimensions

The queen will die.

>China will colonize Africa
Why would you say that ?

China is undergoing its Meiji era. In a few decades they'll roll out their own east asian co prosperity sphere. Everyone will resist but they will roll over everyone until the allies defeat them with nuclear subjugation.

>what will be the course of the future's history?
More insanity...suicide, homicide, drugs, overdose, war, rape, pillage, plunder.

The Ubermensch artist-warrior is born and abruptly brings and end to liberalism and ushers in the warlike, fertile, living, artistic era, transforming the world into a new Greece

I think America will lose its status as world hegemon, EU will eventually disband, and other countries will use the opportunity to pursue their long forgotten disputes. Issues like Gibraltar, N. Ireland, and Kashmir will become flashpoints. I also think that the Western style liberal democracy will have to undergo reforms if it wants to stay relevant, otherwise the repressive populists will have their way around the world.

Also, I'm Chinese but I hope India becomes more powerful than China. I'm glad to see China rise again, but why does it have to be the fucking commies to do it? FUCK

>Climate change floods all the coastal cities
>unsustainable resource usage crashes the economy, leading to a new Dark Ages
The world will become very barbaric very soon, and very suddenly.

The boomers will die, leaving extremist liberals and nazies as the american civilians.

>I know this is a history board, but let's talk about the future

It could be worse
You could be living in north korea
Anyways, if you have problems with commies, just go to america
That's what kept the nation alive till industry exploded

I'm about ready for a shift. I was just thinking earlier today that we need a complete overhaul here in America of pretty much everything. Most of our institutions are at least eighty to a hundred years old and have no place still being in the used in the 21st century when literally everything has changed since the institution's Inception.

How this would be accomplished however I have no idea, it will take a bunch of men smarter than me to figure out how to quote unquote digitized American institutions and bring them up to date.

Because they've already started doing it?

I just hope I'm lucky enough for a painless death in the upcoming mass global chimpouts once all the methane from the Antarctic is released into the atmosphere.

>not wanting to be a part of history

we will be heroes
WE WILL BUILD HEROES!

>Protomen
My dude