Is it possible for a male to build a strong, meaningful friendship with a female without romantic involved...

Is it possible for a male to build a strong, meaningful friendship with a female without romantic involved? Or it is inevitable?

of course it is.

If it's your sister (and even then it's not guaranteed that there wont be attraction)

It is, though budding romantic feelings are pretty common.

Totally possible...my best friend out side of my marraige is my lesbian friend ...granted I crushed on her madly for a couple years but still we are really close friends...and that crush faded after awhile

You cant unless you're related or you knew eachother from a young age, Not as very close friends anyway.
Also what a qt holy shit.

Slightly concerned about your relationship with your mother OP.

Yeah, it's called a fuck buddy, friend.

The only "romantic" part of that relations is if she swallows or not.

I guess in Turkey the only thing you need to worry about is if you have enough goats to trade her father for her.

It is, one of my best friends when I was about 18ish was a girl. I was never really into her, she was cute, but not my type of cute, so i always thought that I would totally do her or date her if she came after me, but she wasn't anything I was interested in chasing. As our friendship deepened and she began confiding weird shit to me, like how she couldn't control herself and was always cheating on her boyfriends, I came to see in an entirely non-sexual way. She was a good friend but I would never want to be romantically involved with her.

cis les: I have a male friend. He learned through mutual friend what I was and never made a move. We're each other's wingmates. It's pretty fun.

We aren't talking about acquiring balkan sluts here, friend.

Besides paying goat(s) in plural for some rural christian greek village girl would be a waste. Since the slut would just go fat in a year while thinking she has priviligeses and shit, so now you are out of goats to eat while you have a bottomless greasy olive pit to fill.

Yes

Why though?

This

All females I've ever had a closer, non romantically relationship to were turning me off. Because they were closely related by blood or because I considered them unfuckable or undatable

It's not hard, unless of course you're a thirsty virgin who has never meaningfully interacted with a woman and are so caught up in your hormones that you need to at least try to bang any girl who gives you the time of day.

Pretty much, this.

If you think it's impossible, you might be a piece of shit

Yes but only on the internet.

This would be the same case for me. I know a few cute girls on a friendly basis, but I'm not interested in them romantically because I don't consider them to be relationship material, either due to family background or previous engagements such as children of their own. Or just older women in general; some of them are perfectly fine people, but I don't feel any attraction to them.

Generally, if a female is a qualifying datable candidate, I consider it impossible to remain "just friends" with them, however. After a while, the closeness just grows to the point where things go one way or another.

I don't think it's possible, and I think the people who think it is, are lying to themselves.

One party will always want something more. Usually it's the guy. Hence the existence of the concept of the friendzone in the first place.

The romantic part can be suppressed, but it will always arise.

Anyone saying otherwise is legit gay

>you can't have a fuggo girl friend who you like a person but are repulsed to have sex with
wew

Ystäväni ovat kosmonautteja.

juutalainen

You virgins don't get it.

Chad has lots of female friends, about 1/5 chicks he meets aren't interested in a relationship at all so he has to have wide social circles to get so many gfs. Chad is doing this while you, a fat neckbeard with low charisma stats, fixate on your "oneitis" and are averse to female friendships, or, dare I say it, the "friendzone". What chance do you have? You of all people need to expand your social circle as much as possible to get a gf, but you do the opposite, so from your perspective it seems impossible. The only girls in your life are your mom and some qt every guy is after.

Who are you talking to exactly? This is Veeky Forums not /r9k/.

This thread is pretty /r9k/

what's the difference? other than people here are better with numbers

>Implying there's a different

Veeky Forums is absolutely overrun with /r9k/'s mentality, it always has been, even before /r9k/ was a thing. Back in the day, you used to get unironic "nice guy" threads, which were were all the "nice guys" would pile in to bitch about how women don't like nice guys, instead opting for abusive jerks, and they could crop up on basically any board.

While Veeky Forums in it's current state of only "ironically" wearing its social misfit identity, refuses to admit that there's a large bulk of the people here that are socially awkward losers, the fact remains that it's still primarily a hangout for socially awkward losers.

"Chad" is a myth propagated by /r9k/ as a defence mechanism and a delusional excuse as to why they fucking blow at life.

Don't be stupid. Chad is a projection of /r9k/ to justify their latent homosexuality. That's why they focus so much on the size of Chad's dick and how he marks females by ejaculating on them. They really want someone like their Chad to be ejaculating on their face.

Huh, this really gets the old noggin joggin.

When are people going to learn that Veeky Forums is Veeky Forums? All of the boards are just a click away. It's not like reddit where everything is heavily divided into sub's with very specific topics. The guy who anonymously shitposts overe here, also shitposts over there.

Of course it is, you utter mong. One of my best friends in the world is a cute lesbian and all of our mutual guy friends have crushed on her for years. I've just never seen her that way. She doesn't populate my mental list of potential fuckables, I see her more as a sister. And there are many, many people all over the world who have similar Platonic feelings for members of the opposute sex. You probably just need to get laid, lad.

>Veeky Forums isn't like Reddit

Not so sure about that anymore.

*tips*

There's a very insightful documentary about this subject. Iirc it's called "When David met Mary".

>...
>...
>...

Just fucking stab yourself already.

I have a lot of trouble with it, but that's all stemming from never having a mother I'd guess.

Yes. With mothers and daughters.

I guess you could be a friend of a female, the question is fucking why? What's the point? The difference between female friendship and male friendship is like between a Yugo and a Rolls Royce.

I've been hanging out with a girl for the past couple days and we've gotten along really nicely, although my feelings for her are so mixed now.

There's so many qualities I love about her and others I really dislike, it's been a long time since I've felt like this and I don't know how to act.

I have plenty of friends who happen to be female. The thing they have in common is that they are not my type, either looks-wise or personality wise, or somehow have escaped the want-to-bang sphere through shared life experience. I'm wayyyy past the secret crush age, I either get down to business or let it go if it's not happening, no reason to torture yourself. I am not constantly sexually frustrated so it's never been a problem, and appreciate the deal with platonic love.. laid back girls can be very entertaining to hang around

Of course it’s possible as you have to find said person attractive. Just because you have a few things in common doesn't mean you're going to become romantically involved with each other. EG you're friends with a land whale, are you going to try and sleep with said wale just because you both share several common interests.

OP

Isn't it obvious? If relationshit constantly interferes with friendship then it follows that you want a relationship and are only friends with women you want a relationship with.

>they are not my type, either looks-wise or personality wise

So why are you friends with them exactly?

No.

t. Woody Allen

>chad has strong meaningful friendships with women

lmao did i wander on to reddit or something?

>alpha males dont real

kys lmao

How is this Veeky Forumstory?

&humanities strikes again

No?

Yes, but in only 2 situations.
1. She is unattractive to you.
2. You are in a monogamous relationship that you are extremely happy with and committed to.

If you are even slightly physically or emotionally attracted to her she will always be a potential mate to you.

Nothings impossible. But if you get to that point and there's no outside force like either of you having a partner keeping you apart, then more often not it will lead to a relationship.

Only a man can understand another man, the same goes for females I think.
I can't imagine myself being completely open with a woman, and if she's slightly qt, it's over for me.

I don't see how it is possible. I just don't think of women that way.

They exist, but they're not boogeymen who bang all the women and magically turn you and only you into a loser.

There's a reason women get triggered when guys say the word friendzone.

I have strong friendships with lots of women and my wife is also my best friend.
I don't have any male friends whatsoever, too many of them have that "bro" attitude or try to fake that attitude to fit in.

>being friends with ugly people.

technically, they literally don't exist in the the human species. The closest we have are the top earning men of the world, a tiny tiny percentage of humanity. Calling anyone else alpha males is just subjective.

"Chad" does not exist, not in this day and age anyway. It doesn't matter what a guy looks like, the vast majority of women won't be interested in sleeping with him or having any romantic involvement. If they do, it will probably be to have a one night stand with him or a short fling. Thats even part of the chad meme.

Very possible
My best friend is a girl and we have zero sexual attraction between us and it's not like either of us are really ugly or anything

What does your wife's son think about you not having any male friends?

aka you're ugly and you've cucked yourself into believing you have no feelings for her

But I'm fucking someone who's way hotter

"""ok"""

"""Reddit"""

Bu-uu-ut... im not a socially awkward loser senpai.

Haha

great post

>my wife is also my best friend
Do you happen to wear glasses and a beard?

>he doesn't want to fuck his mother to assert dominance over his father

What are you, some kind of fag?

Are you buddies with you're mothers?

Must suck not having strong male relationships. And I'm not talking about your stupid coworkers or college frat guys, I'm talking actual friends with whom you've gone through so much shared life experience together that you'd do anything for them, but aren't afraid to bring them down a notch when they start acting like idiots.

This is actually one of the reasons why I fear ever falling for a girl and getting married, because healthy, deep masculine relationships seem so rare in the lives of the married men I know. Mostly they're amicable with other men but on a superficial "oh yeah I know that guy" level. And I don't want that to happen to me.

i love my mum

Cuck

So does everyone

Maybe?

I developed a great fiendship with a girl at college, no like best friends but we did become very close. Of course at one point I had a massive crush on her, but I could never bring myself to tell her because I also cherished our friendship above it, also, was pretty sure she was not into me although she often complimented my looks or thought I was funny.
The day I found out she had met a guy and now she had a sort of LDR was legit one of the worst days in my life, but the feeling faded away, although it never stopped being there. I still like her a lot and would dive head first if she made a move on me, but that's probably because I'm not in a relationship myself right now. Yet, I don't think you can't be friends with a female, even if you develope feelings for her, you can still befriend her and go through your life coping with the thoughts of "what if". If you really like the girl, and that is, as a friend, not as a partner, you will know better than to spill your heart out and mess up what could have been a great friendship.

>fell for the you cant be sexually attracted to your sis meme

Still cant believe I trusted those studies

Lol that's just the friend zone.

You cucked yourself because you were too autistic to realize she wanted you.

This

>It doesn't matter what a guy looks like, the vast majority of women won't be interested in sleeping with him or having any romantic involvement.

That's profoundly wrong.

Women care about looks more than we do.

If you're handsome, all sorts of oddities and professed mental illnesses will be seen as 'complex"

If you're below handsome, those same oddities and mental illnesses will be seen as signs of being a creep.

Women are far more shallow than men.

Flawed concept

Why wouldn't you try to become partners if you have such strong relationship? Sounds like a dead end.

If you're not attracted to each other, yes

I once had a female friend whom I truly loved as a friend and a friend only. So yes, it's possible.

I had a lot of female friends in my youth as I didn't find them as date material. Problem was some of them start having feelings for me and it made it uncomfortable and awkward. If it was just about sex I don't mind banging them but sadly that can't be the case with female friends unless you're friends with benefits which I never had the pleasure of having. True female friends don't work anymore at least for me.

I have one. She's really fucking fat tho.

Only if she is bellow 7/10

does the girl in OP's video have an instagram or any social media? shes so pretty omg

and you might be gay

lol right

you point a trend ive noticed, i was able to explain it to my girlfriend (now ex) one time though. im just curious,what do you believe this reason is though?

Because it makes you seem like an entitled piece of shit who just wants to get close to her because of pussy, rather than sharing any meaningful friendship/connection.

I have a friendship with an older woman. I dont see why not you can be friends with a female without romantic involvement.

If you're a woman you are a piece of shit.