Can we have a Cyrus the great thread ?

King of kings, king of Persia, king of Anshan, king of media, king of Babylon, king of summer and akkad, king of the four corners of the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iwan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He must have had a KILLER resume

I love how relatively modest his tomb is.
He didn't need no super fancy monument to be remembered by, he knew he would be anyway.

The Greek didn't sacage it ?
When Alexander the great take the Persia. I have heard a story about Alexander being mad after the Greek soldiers for that cos he haven't see it with all the ornaments of gold.

You realise it didnt look like that at the time, right?

Dally reminder that Cyrus was the Messiah of the Old Testament.

Gorgeous

Please explain

This is what I hate about islam, their absolute hatred to preislam civilizations.
In Europe we had the renaissance and the neoclassical movement, yet in the islamic world... nothing.
We will never going to see a reconstuction of Persepolis or Ctesiphont anywhere, all because of Islam.

More because no one really knows how those monuments looked originally. And the islamic theocracy of iran is actualy rebuilding the bam citadel so i doubt that religion plays a role.

I'd rather stick with the ruins we have than build the same kind of fantasy crap we had in Europe

I meant more size wise

but we do know how they were
just go to persepolis
and bam is a bad example cause it was destroyed by an earthquake in 2000
you are just making excuses for islam

sure thing commie
the ruins would still be there I talked about making reconstructions somewhere else and implementing the style to local architecture

Have you any interesting facts about him ? Like how he divert the Euphrates when he Babylon ?

Commie here. How do you plan to reconstruct something when there is nothing near a consensus on the looks of it ? I mean sure you can build something that has similarities with these ruins, but in the end you would just end up with a mock of the original building, something that is most probably wrong and inaccurate. It would be like rewriting all the books we lost from Titus Livius for instance : a waste of time (and ressources un this case) leading to nothing but a fantasy construction.

You said islam makes it impossible while they are actually rebuilding a monument which they could just left to rot according to your logic. It doesnt matter when they are destroyed. There must be other reasons why persepolis doesnt get rebuilt

You don't rebuild Athens or Rome ruins
Why would you do it with Persepolis?

pic related unfinished Saddam's Babylon reconstruction

>You don't rebuild Athens or Rome ruins
No but you build neoclassical buildings, that's what I mean dummy

>fantasy construction
let's tear down all european baroque buildings then

>mock of the original building
is roman architecture is also a mock of greek architecture?

There's no reason other than Islam to not make buildings with preislam style

It is not like islam incorporated huge amounts of persian influence in everything from art to statecraft.

>Roman architecture
Greek architecture and architects were still a thing at that time u know
>Tear down baroque buildings
Though I don't think baroque was the most interesting architectural form, it is not pure imitation of ancient architecture, and even if it was, I never said such things should be destroyed.

The Persians didn't massive ornament or make his tomb overly elaborate or fancy on Cyrus' request. Alexander doing so doesn't reflect on the Persians standing by his humbleness.

*massively

Fuck yes Shahanshah hi Iran! I love how the shah addressed Kourush at Persepolis in 1971

>There's no reason other than Islam to not make buildings with preislam style

This is nonsense though. We can look at numerous 'Islamic' countries and see the style of architecture used including homages/throwbacks to previous styles. Iran has already been mentioned. Iraq under Saddam had something similar going on with Babylon. Egypt has pic related.

There is nothing in Islam about architectural styles barring that with figures decorating it or graven images.

You're just some angsty sperg looking to vent anger against Islam.

Fuck that's sexy

Source on that building?

that buildig is not older than 20 years
wich proves I'm right
islam didn't allow any movement like europe had with neoclassical but with their old ruins

yeah they didn't because domes are fucking baller

Egyptian public building, court or something.

why is iran the best civilization?

He's literally called a messiah/anointed of God in Isaiah.

>1 Thus saith the LORD to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him, and to loose the loins of kings; to open the doors before him, and that the gates may not be shut:

The islamic architecture is literally copypasted from Parthian and Sassanid designs. The portals called iwans/eivans are a pre-Islamic design. Most mosques in Asia are based on pre-Islamic Persian designs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iwan

What's going on in this thread?

"Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the Lord spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the Lord God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The Lord his God be with him, and let him go up."

- 2 Chronicles 36

This board has gone to shit.

You can't have a thread on Persians without baiting Arabs/Turks with inferiority complexes or autistic Roman LARPers or (((/pol))).

>We will never going to see a reconstuction of Persepolis or Ctesiphont anywhere, all because of Islam.
Ctesiphon palace is being reconstructed by the Iraqi government.

For that gud tourist monie$

HORSE ARCHERY CAN'T PENETRATE PERSIAN ARMOR

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tourism plays a role.

REEEEE