Is there something about Anglo culture that makes them shit in artistic fields? Why are there so little Anglo painters...

Is there something about Anglo culture that makes them shit in artistic fields? Why are there so little Anglo painters, classical composers, sculptors, architects, etc of note?

Autism.

ANGLOSAXON PEOPLES AS A WHOLE, ESPECIALLY THE ENGLISH, ARE SPIRITUALLY IMPAIRED, AND MENTALLY STUNTED, THUS, THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF PHILOSOPHICAL THOUGHT, OF ARTISTIC SENSIBILITY, AND OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION; THEY ARE UTILITARIAN, AND MATERIALISTIC.

>SPIRITUALLY

that was your first mistake/spook

I think I know why.

but muh grape fruit juice...

what about theater

>crass works of shakes pear

>Anglo-Saxon
That was centuries ago, dumbo.

In life you go with your strong points. Administration and Conquest was the anglos purview

I somewhat agree except for literature.

Milton tho

Yeah but literature tho.

I think you are generalizing a bit too much. unless this was supposed to be a joke

British literature is top tier though

But it is surpassed by Russian literature in almost every way

van gogh
rembrandt
vermeer
rubens
karel appel
piet mondriaan

basically all great painters came from the netherlands

>russian poetry

not even once

Bosch

>google Appel and Mondriaan
>Dutch 'art'

Beady

You know, I don't really mind some of those old churches constructed on the frontier with the best materials they had at the time, because the population is still trying to contribute a beautiful temple to the Lord. What I can't stand is someone renting a junky secular building or running a church out of something close to a shack because "that money is better used elsewhere." Poverty is eternal, giving money away won't actually fix the root of the problem, but putting that money to glorifying the Lord is a sign of great respect, and draws in additional people to Christ.

London has some cool buildings. I forget the guy who did all the churches in the East end but he was pretty good. The cathedral in York is pretty based too

Anglo literature is great though, they have Chaucer, Shakespeare, Joyce etc

Idolatry is a sin, you filthy papist.

>Joyce
BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF
Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....
BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Irish aren't Anglo, sweetie.

JMW Turner and John Constable come to mind.

>Jesus talked about disregarding wealth and said you could pray in your closet for all it matters because what is important is the relationship you have with your creator

>hey guys lets make huge cathedrals where tons of people go just to show off how pious they are in front of others and ignore all that shit jesus said

I guess I didn't read the part where Jesus said material things mattered and you need a snazzy church. What was the church Jesus built like? It must have cost a lot and been huge.

Even when the hebrews were carrying around the ark of the covenant, it was to be constructed of only the finest materials and housed with reverence at all times. Even touching it would strike a man dead.

If he desired such a fancy temple when it was a hardship on the men carrying it through a desert, why would he suddenly stop when his son came down to be born among us? Did he not sanctify the holy temple that brought him into the world as sinless?

What more beautiful church could carry the Lord but a virgin who birthed him?

>mystery
what's mysterious is how over a billion people still believe in this dumb shit

You said a whole lot and didn't respond to a single thing I said. Or refute it.

I said exactly the reasoning behind it. Take it or leave it, it's your choice, but that's the official response you'll get. You're welcome to say, "That's a fucking stupid interpretation of things," but it's the way it was thought up by Catholics.

Besides, there's a big difference between, "I can't actually provide a big fancy church for the Lord, so I made do the best I could by providing everything valuable to make a pleasing sanctuary for him," and, "All this stuff is expensive, I'd rather use the money for it on something else."

Frederic Leighton

By classical do you mean a specific era or general orchestral, chamber, "art", etc music? They've got some damn good composers, just because they aren't in the list of 4 or 5 that the average "Tannhäuser, Burzum, and the Evangelion OST" turbopleb /int/poster like yourself can name, doesn't mean they don't exist.