Because its Fake

If the Lanciano Host truly is the "flesh and blood" of Jesus Christ (as the Church maintains), why has the Vatican allowed the thing to languish in some morbid display in a backwater rather than subject it to (actually) credible scientific scrutiny?

This flesh and blood could be used to prove objective evidence of 'divinity': the flesh would not only be 2000 years old, but would that of a man with no biological father. Whether the gap were filled by divine DNA or simply left empty, it would be unique in the entire history of the human species.

So why hasn't this been done? Why has the Church passed up and opportunity to get science on its side once and for all? (We all know the real answer, but let's humor the so-called "pious" a while more).

The answer is because even the Church doesn't trust the priest's claim either. They know that rotten piece of flesh is probably not even close to being old enough to pass off as Jesus' flesh, and that it's almost certainly ordinary flesh belonging to a normal human being.

It doesn't matter, we get Jesus Christ's real flesh and blood every Sunday

i mean, if you look it up, they already did lots of testing on it, and the findings hint towards the tissue being from a man of middle eastern descent. however, that doesn't mean it's jesus - just some stuff to think about !!

>"this wine and bread turn into the literal blood and flesh of Jesus Christ!"
>"but another miracle happens at the same time so that their appearance, taste, texture, smell, and chemical/molecular composition remains the same as regular bread and wine!"

Who the fuck falls for this stuff anymore?

>they already did lots of testing on it

No they didn't. They allowed it to be tested once by a local doctor (who has proved impossible to trace) who made a number of assumptions based on . Yes, the thing was found to be human flesh and blood; however, the doctor assumed this was somehow proof of inanimate matter transmogrified into human flesh based on no evidence, but merely his Catholic belief.

>If the Lanciano Host truly is the "flesh and blood" of Jesus Christ (as the Church maintains), why has the Vatican allowed the thing to languish in some morbid display in a backwater rather than subject it to (actually) credible scientific scrutiny?

>being adored by the faithful
>morbid display

It's less that I dislike atheists and more that I wonder if we're even the same species. I cannot conceive of thinking like this about the Eucharist.

>piece of rotten flesh and blood being hoisted up so that religious fools can crawl up to it and offer their prayers to it

It's ghastly and ghoulish, and even more so when you consider that the flesh at the Lanciano sanctuary probably came from some random corpse (the same applies to most relics).

>I cannot conceive of thinking like this about the Eucharist.

You can't conceive thinking about anything, period.

Is it because testing it would destroy it ?

ITT: Euphoria

But it's Christians who get so euphoric that they start seeing things and think it a genuine God-given vision, though.

So cutting of the foreskin >>signifying the covenant >>between a god and its people
Is a sham.

Tbh if som1 said eat some stale bread and sip shitwine dat been consecrated as som1s flesh and blood imm do it
Over gettin my anteater croptopped. Fuck poppin zitz hurts imagine being aware of cutting or having ur tips cut the fuck off. Fuckin nomads traditions living on this long smdh civilization ha u can keep it

if you don't believe in the mythology behind it a lot of religious practices are morbid (to varying degrees), like egyptian mummification, human sacrifices by aztecs, displaying the uncorrupted remains of saints by the catholics and so on

an itty bitty sample would not destroy it

Yeah, it sounds pretty embarrassing when you put it like this.

You realize there have been more recent Eucharistic miracles, right?

Year after year, age after age, the truth of the Body and Blood of Christ is told through wonders and signs. Yet, still, some do not believe.

Christianity is one big double slit experiment. The moment you attempt to scrutinize something, it changes.
However Christian particles are unique because they automatically change into metaphors every single time.

We show you incredible healings, the sun dancing in the sky, prophecies come true, and wondrous images and photographs.

You still don't believe. Abraham was right in what he said to the rich man.

Not biblical

Why does it matter if it's fake? How does it negatively impact on your life?

>we show you photoshopped images

>incredible healings, the sun dancing in the sky, prophecies come true
Demons
>wondrous images
Idols

Considering that the mass is directly contrary to the gospel itself, these false miracles are of the devil.

You mean hearsay and forgery? I'll pass, thanks.

IIRC, it was tested and determined to have DNA that would be correct for the area in which Jesus lived.

This is blatantly untrue.