Can anybody explain to me how did the Italian people use the italian language instead of latin...

Can anybody explain to me how did the Italian people use the italian language instead of latin? They're the Romans of present times right? But why use Italian instead of Latin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8SeRkjYPmiQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not sure if this is bait or not.

Latin became Italian

Vulgar latin

For the same reason Anglos don't speak Old English. Italian diverges much less from Latin than Modern English does with Old English. The closest language to Latin is Sardinian though.

They are lazy and have no pride in their culture.

Italian and other romance languages are derived from sermo vulgaris, Latin that was spoken amongst the common peasant folk.

Classical Latin as we know it today from the books was a language of a small, well-educated urban minority.

Vulgar Latin sounds better anyway.

>Weni, Widi, Winci

Fuck that shit.

Small, well-educated urban minority spoke Greek.

For the same reasons the scandinavians speak their respective languages and not old norse. For the same reason the french speak french and not frankish.

Back in the day there was the Latin spoken at school and the Latin spoken at home. Italian, French, Spanish, and other Romance languages are their own dialects-turned-language, like the difference between Hochdeutsch and local dialects of the German language

>A Council of Tours in 813 decided that priests should preach sermons in rusticam romanam linguam (rustic romance language) or Theodiscam (German), a mention of Vulgar Latin understood by the people, as distinct from the classical Latin that the common people could no longer understand. This was the first official recognition of an early French language distinct from Latin, and can be considered as the birth date of French

youtube.com/watch?v=8SeRkjYPmiQ

languages change naturally with influences as time goes on. the Middle English you would read in the Canterbury Tales is almost a foreign language compared to today's English.

Also, Latin took a lot longer to die off than most realize, with Latin being the default language of Church functions and Academia until the 1600's, with University lectures all across Europe being spoken in Latin.

Urban people spoke latin while rural and suburban retards spoke a vulgar version that became italian.

>tfw Amerilards think of ridiculous sounding terroni dialects when they think of Italian

Standard Italian is pretty close in grammar and pronounce to Latin. I'm almost learning how to read Latin through by Google translating some terms I don't understand.

>is pretty close in grammar
yes
>and pronounce
fuck, no. The Latin pronounciation they teach in Italian schools is the ecclesiastical one, and has fuckall to do with the Latin spoke by Caesar, Cicero or Seneca

Decadent boy lovers spoke Greek.

Listen to at 10:35 It's almost the same shit except some oddities such as pronouncing "V" as "W".

Modern Italian are Lombard/Greek rapebabies

No, this is a meme, unsupported by genetic evidence, which in fact show that aside from Sicily, the genetic makeup of Italy hasn't changed in thousands and thousands of years.
Sicily changed due to greek colonization.

>Ancient Latins pronounced their V like W; I know because that's what Rabbi Shekelstein told me!
Can people stop with this dumb, gay meme that literally didn't even exist until a few years ago?

u and v are literally the same letter in Latin

this guy asked himself

normal peole dont spoke latin and he choose the "Volgare" Fiorentino to make one of the most prestigious book, the Divina commedia

no they're not, you dumb Jewish cuck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V#History

>In Latin, a stemless variant shape of the upsilon was borrowed in early times as V—either directly from the Western Greek alphabet or from the Etruscan alphabet as an intermediary—to represent the same /u/ sound, as well as the consonantal /w/. Thus, 'num' — originally spelled 'NVM' — was pronounced /num/ and 'via' was pronounced [ˈwia]. From the 1st century AD on, depending on Vulgar Latin dialect, consonantal /w/ developed into /β/ (kept in Spanish), then later to /v/.

(((Wikipedia)))

You can count on plebs to ruin everything.

This
An example of Latins descent into Italian is the word for house. The Romans used Villa (probably were village comes from) and Italians use casa which comes from the Latin word for shack.

Plebs were the once who spoke latin.

Aristocracy spoke greek

If you bothered to learn other languages you would knew, at least, the "b" sound of "v" in Spanish, you swine.