Philosophy

So what's the consensus on this?

On what? Philosophy as a whole?

Yeah, what's the consensus opinion on philosophy. What do most people think is the right philosophy.

That you should think for yourself.

>right philosophy

Can you be a bit more specific?

And this.

More specifically what is the largest demographic of philosophical opinion? Not necessarily those held in academia but what does the general populous on average consider to be the correct wisdom system.

Well I would think that it kinda changes over time, but right now Philosophers like Zizek and Alain de Botton seem top be popular, but I have no idea what the most popular Philosophical opinion is.

I'm thinking it would probably some form of christianity and platonism but even though most of the world is christian I doubt they share 100% with the greek philosophical basis of christian thought so that doesn't really answer my question either.

Metaphysics is dead.

Most of it sucks.

Don't know how popular Platonism still is, but yes Christian ethics is still very popular, but I don't have any numbers of any sort so I really couldn't say.

Platonism only in so much as it's influence on Islam and Christianity.

It's hard to say though what's the most popular movement, as philosophy isn't really as popular of a subject as it used to be. As politics and psychology/sociology has kind of replaced it.

Sam Harris solved it.

sam harris is the bella thorne of philosophy, they both so desperately really want to be relevent so they do and say edgy things.

>Alain de Botton
Cringe.

He is, but nevertheless he is gaining popularity among people who wants to be smart, but only comprehenses philosophy in a vague, center-winged "free-thinkers".

Edit: "Free-thinking" ways.

>demographic of philosophical opinion

Most people have no profound opinions on anything.

It's all shit user. None of it puts food on the table for the children or gets you closer to Jesus. You get so little out of it.