I just bought 12 ETH, should I put it in the Status ICO? Is it a moon mission...

I just bought 12 ETH, should I put it in the Status ICO? Is it a moon mission? I think most if not all the ICO's have been very succesful and these guys actually have a working app.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-OC4N8blN48
contribute.status.im/status-terms.pdf
contribute.status.im/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how much are you betting here

Gonna put in 100 ETH.

Dude status is fucking legit.

Put in 2 ETH now and 2 tomorrow.

They started taking orders already on the slack

0x3ca114b1d03ddd926c98b2a6e2422f60dbec262a

SCAM

you're a retard

*an

it's not going to the moon but it's a solid investment

If this hits that's fucking Ferrari territory, fuck the Lambo, wish I had that many ETH

SHOO PAJEET

So just to confirm this ICO wil be sold out before I get home from wage slaving right?

How is this fair?

Your job is real more important? I'm skipping an exam for this lol.

yeah I'm gonna have to get up early for this too.

Well I'm a teacher so I can't really take days off unless it's urgent.

It's unfortunate you can't send from an exchange otherwise I'd do it straight from Bittrex.

Set up parity to auto send once it goes live :)

How do you mean? Is there only a limited amount or smth?

Care to explain please?

Auto-send to which address anyway? Isn't that released at 2 GMT? I'll be at work then.

youtu.be/-OC4N8blN48

Like I said m8, don't know the address.

I'm not gonna spoon-feed you anymore but this is copy paste from the status website
>The exact start date is determined by a block number. We will announce the exact block number and contribution contract address here once it’s deployed to the Ethereum network - 12 hours before the start of the Contribution Period.

While this has potential just look at swarm city... they have a working app and are getting shit on currently with a 30m cap

Who knows what the market will say status is worth

Lol looks like it's 19m now

Hopefully status has a hard cap below 25m

Oh I see, i'm sory.

Guess I'm staying up for 2 more hours then

wtf i cant get into status slack, it says token revoked when i try to register

>Have 135 USD

Should I buy Status ICO or one of the low sat coins like XVG or RDD? Or MYST?

I ecpect 50-60

Hope you manage to get in on it!

A 60m hard cap would put it at around 140m cap since ico is only for 41%

Anything more than 50m is not ideal for sure.

50m puts it at 61st highest market cap, so still some room to grow.

ah true. forgot the ico is only 41%

60m ico would put it at the 39th highest cap... pretty high straight out of ico but potential to grow.

How do you get the SNT tokens? They're supposed to be sent to the same eth wallet where you sent from, but what is the SNT address if it doesnt exists, how do they know where to send you the stuff?

I'm putting in 30 ETH

You buy the 488GTB and I'll buy the California

This is absolutely not a good investment

What's App literally does everything status does except normies already know and use what's app. No ones going to use this trash. Same shit with Brave, no one wants to download a new browser

>b-but its decentralized!!!!

fuck right off

Fuck my ass.

can anyone here with solid experience give me a 1 and 2 year prognosis for the price of SNT? maybe a conservative one and a good-case-scenario one?

>poos and chinks only please contribute to this shitcoin thanks

Duh retard no fucking ICO lets Americans in
It's useless and a scam. Stop shilling this garbage.

I read some guy's site that estimates it could be worth up to 400-500 usd some day but this worries me a lot.

I tried the app and it's kind of confusing and everybody uses Whatsapp cause its super easy so i dont think status would ever get normie acceptance. Even old people know how to use whatsapp.

As for its potential for speculation i guess it's still a good investment but not sure if i should throw all 12 ETH i have.
isnt this "Burgers not welcome" thing supposed to make it more exclusive, hard to get coin and thus more desired?

No, ICO's are illegal in the US.

Wait until Whatsapp, facebook, ect inevitability have major data leaks exposing all of their shady activity.

People are becoming more and more secure with their privacy and internet safety.

iconoobs - us citizenship is a requirement for the company to put as a disclaimer, not for the buyer to comply. a blockchain address has no citizenship. it could be a toaster. have fun investing in any ico you want

it's 300,000 ETH. Also your tokens are locked for a week while "early investors" aka their buddies will be able to move their tokens.

source: contribute.status.im/status-terms.pdf

let me ask a dumb question...have any ICO's that use the ETH network NOT been profitable?

lol Bittrex has my ETH locked in "automated maintenance" wtf

Not really as far as i know from what i see on icostats or whatever its called, i think this has some hype (its on fucking blockfolio announced) so i think it can do well but what do iknow

>The Contribution Period will run for a period of 14 days, or within 24 hours of reaching the first ceiling, of 12M CHF (Swiss Francs) equivalent in ETH, having been reached
does this mean uncapped for 24h then?

from what I read they have "dynamic caps" or some shit

is anyone else frozen out of their ETH on Bittrex?

No it has an invisible hard capp

let's be honest, this will hit the 12M cap in the first half hour, so basically this ICO ends 24.5 hours after they post the ETH address

DUDES, I posted the terms here:
it's got a 300,000 ETH cap

Congrats you figured out how to make the most money in crytpo.

Don't quit your job. That's a wonderful job if you'd ask me.

no, if I went all in on ANS today I would have made the most money I've ever made in crypto

i'll take status as a backup however

>>The exact start date is determined by a block number. We will announce the exact block number and contribution contract address here once it’s deployed to the Ethereum network - 12 hours before the start of the Contribution Period.

so when is this supposed to happen

You cant predict the market but you can conclude that almost every single ico has earned >1000% gains so far.
Check blockfolio for countdown

im on contribute.status.im/ watching countdown but they haven't published the block number yet

do i need an ether wallet or can i just use bittrex

Just use bittrex.

No, man. God damn they said don't do exactly that.

A few concerns about Status:
>(Rumored) 3,000,000,000 token volume (Only 41% actually released in the ICO)
Means there's not much room for growth, because let's face it, Status has a long way to go before it's replacing WhatsApp

>Shady market caps
Makes me think they want to acquire as much funding as possible before people realize the volume is too high for price mobility and it tanks.

>No exchange confirmations
So we buy all this SNT and have nowhere to exchange it back for anything else as of the launch date in 10 hours

>Contract leaves tokens non-transferable for 7 days.
Because if no current exchanges wasn't bad enough, you couldn't even send them to an exchange for a week IF you bought in on the ICO.

they don't say bittrex bruh

>Non-transferable for 7 days

Pretty standard mate

you deserve to lose all your shekels you illiterate bitch.

Throwing a couple ETH into this

How do I send my ETH to this shit because when this goes live I will be asleep.

How can I set this up in advance?

I use MyEtherWallet

Afraid not. Gonna have to pull a long night m8

i think you can use parity to automatically send the transfer when the block number is reached.

>Afraid not. Gonna have to pull a long night m8

from my calculations it will be 10+ hours before we hit the block #