"thousands of men...dead for nothing"

>"thousands of men...dead for nothing"

pop-history for cretins

>this is modern war

>as the great ____ once said.....

>I'm pretending to be furious about people I never knew dying by the millions. This is modern war. Fuck Trump.

who dis

Alex Jones

Our lord and savior.

>3 pesos have been placed in your account. Thanks for supporting The Great War™ YouTube-Channel!

>being this upset at pop history

At least pick a target that doesn't even try to research his shit, like that idiot John Green.

This is still the most accurate pop history factoid though

I mean, it was true for pretty much the whole war up until the end. I fully expect in 2018 to start hearing
>"Thousands of men, dead... But they were the Eternal Krauts' failed empire collapsing, so was it really that bad?"

What a bunch of insufferable faggots you people are

They actually died in defence of their countries against the eternal G*rman

Is he /ourguy/?

this.

Not the Italians or Turks or tons of other nationalities.

PRZEMYŚL

>World War One was a tale told by an idiot, full and fury and signifying nothing

Dude... this guy's profound.

Turks died to protect their homeland.
Italians wanted to be imperialists.

Conrad Von Hotzendorf

Luigi Cadorna

Did you watch today's episode Veeky Forums

>dude war is bad and people died and it was a bit shit to be honest reeeeee

Every fucking episode, we get it you faggot

>pesos
why?
Also there's a lot of countries that use the peso, and they're not worth the same

that's like every history about WWI

hard to make a positive spin on it

He has one of those voices where it isn't immediately apparent how annoying it is (especially if consumed in small doses) but the more you watch the worse it gets

when did the "world war 1 was pointless and basically hell" narrative start?
was there ever a time when it was portrayed as a glorious time?

this desu

But WWI is bad, it marks the end of European dominance over the world

I am more referring to the portrayal of it
not your personal opinion

for example, you have heroic movies about WW2 (esp American ones)
but WW1 is always considered such a huge loss for nothing

I am just wondering if that portrayal was always there
or if it was realised/developed later

Maybe between the two wars there was some pride by Allied soldiers who had survived or at least a feeling of thank god we made it, but when a second world war that is even more devastating breaks out it kind of debunks much of what they fought for as the 'war to end all wars' turned out to be just a bigger war than usual. Cant really post much in terms of sources but the argument makes some sort of sense. Germany were more about the stab in the back we wuz kaisers deal regardless. The whole futility of it probably arose from WW2's happening as well.

>their homeland
Their homeland is Mongolia

>no mention of women dying in the trenches
Reported to youtube.

>when did the "world war 1 was pointless and basically hell" narrative start?
during WWI

If you read poetry from the trenches you will see that the combatants themselves feel the whole thing is fucking pointless and not heroic at all. They lie in the same spot, weeks at an end, shoot some shit at each other. And watch each other getting blown up.

I only read British, French and Belgian poets by the way.

WWI resulted in a shitty peacedeal that made nobody happy and caused another war

WWII ended in America rising to the top and to a peace that has lasted for half a century and a score

He isn't saying war is bad. He is stating how horrible, tragic and useless the first great war was. There was no reason for that war to start, yet it did and millions of people died. If he doesnt mention the deaths, then it becomes just more statistics, trivializing all the men that died in the battles for nothing.

>Indy still hasn't made an episode on your country

reee

the only homeland the turks should have is six feet under

But the Great War liberated Alsace-Lorraine from Prussian Militarism

I love his channel so much. I'm actually dreading the day The Great War ends.

>either world war goes the other way
>but the world war liberated the world from anglo imperialism

Say what you want about John Green, but his shit is researched. He is just a "Global" historian, ie the cancer of history as an academic field.

Enver Pasha.

>but his shit is researched

>implying CC World History isn't researched
>frogposter
He often cites the sources for the episode and gives excerpts.

its always the pain for me, with my hatred of both the Eternal Anglo and the Eternal Teuton, that one has to be picked sides for who to win the war.

>ARMENIANS

because he literally rips off wikipedia

Talks about the armenian genocide

By asking two Armenians

Really makes you think

/ourguy/

Jokes aside this channel is the shit

A week by week playback of an entire war isn't pop history though.

Wilfred Owen wrote about trudging through sludge and murdering a teenager to survive a gas attack during the war, it never was glorified because it's a conflict characterized by the most horrible conditions and brutal weaponry, and brutal tactics.

IT'S OVER LUIGI! I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

shoo shoo turkroach

Greek actually

fuck off Ikibey
wait no Ikibey's not intelligent enough to write a coherent greentext

amazing banter man Wauw

You'd agree if you knew who he was

Good episode today.

Wow, full on revolution. I knew things were bad in Russia, but I didn't realize it would be that bad. At least the Czar abdicated and his family is safe. But without another Romanov taking the throne, what will happen with the war? If Russia pulls out and Germany can allocate all those troops to the Western front I don't see how the French could last.

Jokememes aside it's literally the best historical youtube channel.

this board is the new lit

>"Tens of thousands of men dead for vanity. This was modern war."
>"If you'd like to see what led Conrad to think this was a good idea, click here for our episode on the Carpathian Offensives. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. See you next time."

>Implying there's a genetic difference

I think they will probably go atleast to 2019 with the signing of Versailles or maybe cover the Russian Civil War.

They've said they'd consider doing a WW2 series starting in 2019.

It's like I'm right there on youtube watching the video.

I was assuming everyone was american here and they'd understand it was from mexico. The idea was supposed to be that Indy is to poor to even pays in cents to he outsourced a guy in mexico to shill his channel for him.

Does anyone have that one cadorna meme "days since the last battle of the isonzo" ????

Fort Douaumont.

Because WW2 had the ridiculously cartoonish villain of Hitler to retroactively declare the whole enterprise as a just and righteous war to free Europe from a genocidal maniac along with the added benefit of an extremely active war where front lines where constantly moving giving the belief of progress, whereas WW1 was a war between global powers over some scraps of land due to a complex series of peace keeping containment alliances firing, and plunging Europe into war where gains were measured in inches and feet, and entire battles would be fought resulting only in stalemates.