Why does this country exist?

Why does this country exist?

It's like the British got drunk and were like "hey let's make this tiny country out of some random desert area and a bit of fertile volcanic plains with no mineral resources, wedged in between way larger and more relevant countries. And let's make sure it has a bunch of tribes that each have more links with neighbouring countries than with each other live together with a Palestinian exile business elite. Oh and let's make sure their king is completely foreign and they have as little water access as possible." What on earth was the point? What were the Anglos smoking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=izS9rTC62OU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the best country in that region.

This. Jordan has definitely been a lot more successful than its neighbors

>Jordan
>Better and more successful than Israel
>Better and more successful than Saudi Arabia

>Israel
>good
Boy I sure love my bus exploding

Saudi Arabia is going to be shithole once they run out of oil

>Israel, the country that survives by leaching money and troops from its daddy the US
>Saudi Arabia, the country that survives by redirecting potential domestic terrorists outwards by funding their great Balochistani getaway

If you think Saudis will ever run out of oil, you have no idea just how much the have. They reserves are for all intents and purposes infinite and will last several lifetimes.

>Boy I sure love my bus exploding
>Israel's health adjusted life expectancy: 73
>Jordan's health adjusted life expectancy: 65

>Saudi Arabia is going to be shithole once they run out of oil
As opposed to Jordan which is already a shithole

>Israel, the country that survives by leaching money and troops from its daddy the US
>GDP: $306 billion
>US Aid: $3 billion
Yeah it's like they couldn't even survive without it.

>Saudi Arabia, the country that survives by redirecting potential domestic terrorists outwards by funding their great Balochistani getaway
>Relevance

Saudi Arabia may survive on the tourism brought to it by the Hajj. But I would love to see the kingdom come falling down.

Jordan used to own the west bank until the Palestinians tried to overthrow the monarchy. Palestinians are scum.

The Queen of Jordan is a Goddess.

No they're absolutely not, they're going to run out of profitable oil in a few decades, that's when shale oil and competitor's oil becomes more profitable than whatever they can stamp out of that desert over there.

The boarder shapes are so autistic

british cartographers confirmed as retarded.

No bully pls. :(
youtube.com/watch?v=izS9rTC62OU

Europeans made much worse looking borders, look at the original Cameroon and Libya borders before ww1

I'm pretty sure the general shape of Italian Libya was carved out by the Ottomans a while earlier.

Pic related, the dark green is what was originally ceded from the Ottomans to Italy.

The white parts that were British considered part of Egypt or called British Libya

>2520334
For the same reasons countries like lichtenstein, Monaco and Luxemburg exist: to give an old royal family some land to rule over.

The best country in the Middle East is undoubtedly UAE

Those borders look great. You're off your meds.

My mom is from Jordan and we visit every so often. Pretty comfy desu
btw hashemite caliphate coming

It should've been named as Palestine

From a technological point of view, many middle eastern countries are developed. I've lived in Saudi, and it's quite nice.

Of course you have cultural problems, which are extremely troublesome in fundamental countries like Saudi. Qatar, UAE etc are pretty good places. Jordan is nice as well. It;s places like Yemen, Syria, Lebanon etc where the problem is situated.

Contrary to popular belief, Saudis aren't stupid. They're already preparing for a time with no oil, despite plenty of reserves still being present. With the money they have, harnessing energy from those enormous deserts is not too difficult.

Hello ahmed

This post is funny because US gives aid to Jordan and actually uses troops to protect it directly, unlike Israel

Anyway US aid is 1% of Israelis GDP whereas it's 3% of Jordan's GDP

>any of these countries better than lebanon
Ebin sunni-jewish antishia propaganda, dude.

sand monkeys think they can go from oil to service/finance economy. no one out side that region of the world wants anything to do with them unless there is oil.

The Hashemite Kingdom is the true and rightful ruler of Mecca. Fuck the House of Saud.

how long do you think before their collapse?

could be as soon as the current monarch dies if he doesn't fix things with the succession that's set up

well right now the Sauds are selling oil at record lows to maintain market share and keep fracking, russia, and tar sands out of business.

to compensate they have raised taxes.

now of course this isn't viable for long. since they have been using their welfare state to keep the plebeians happy. they also have a rapidly growing population and are building new cities in their western region to house them all.