Holy Roman Empire

>Holy Roman Empire
>More Germanic than "Roman"

>Eastern Roman Empire

>Greek larpers

>Roman

Both correct.
The Roman Empire is not Roman unless its culture is Roman, its language is Latin, and its capital lies in Rome.

The Romans were Germanic

No they weren't you mong, they were Mediterranean. And no, before you say anything, that doesn't make them non-white. There are more Caucasians in the world than Germanics and Nordics.

Was this the true successor to Rome?

No. Consider of the three points I listed, and consider also that Fascist Italy only fulfilled one of them. The culture was not Roman, and the language was not Latin, merely a bastardized and corrupt version of the Vulgate dialect.

Both wrong.

Romans weren't part of the usual mediterranean mix that came before them. Romans and the germanic tribes were both part of the same culture before going north and south respectively(with the celts splitting off and going west).

But since they all rape plenty of native women along their respective paths, and a fair bit of time and change goes by, it's not correct to say "romans" are "germanic" in any reasonable sense. Better to say they're both indo-european, and have a common lineage.

You're looking at it through a modern nationalist lens.

In the past it was completely common for a Monarch to not speak the same language or share the same cultural background as his subjects.
In that regard it was not considered odd that a Frank or a Saxon would become King of the Romans.

The point is: they had legitimacy through the bishop of Rome and thus all right in the world to call themselves Emperors.

t. Hans

>late WRE wasn't Roman because the capitals were Milan and Ravenna

Empire of our hearts!

Wrong. Germanics weren't part of the Urnfield culture. The rest of Germany wasn't inhabited by Germanic tribes back then.

>early >H>R>E
>Emps crowned in Rome
>by the Pope
>Feudal Empire
>Ruled by a German warlord

>Late >H>R>E
>Lost all Italian lands
>Schismatic split
>Electors and minor nobles 'powerful' enough to take
>Ruled by H*bsburger sisterfuckers and Spics

>Byzantium
>Hardly any lands in Italy
>Wrong faith
>Cant even fight off Italians and Muslims
>Ruled by a whore and ultimately by anyone willing

>First French Empire
>Owns Rome and crowned King of Italy
>Right faith
>Pretty much ruled Europe
>Ruled by an actual Latin
>Ruled by someone actually capable

Reminder that Rome was revived in the early XIXth century.

>right faith
>cult of Rome
t. Pierre

tfw rome during constantine wasn't the Roman Empire as it captial was Constantinopel(byzantium)

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, you plebs.

WE

>profane
>barbaric
>conglomeration

Are you fucking retarded ?

Holy Roman Empire of GERMAN NATIONS.

Blame the Pope and not the Germans for the Rome part

>blame the Pope
>they only started calling themselves that in 13th century when the Papal States were no longer under their control

ITT: Meme empires

I have to ask, did you just want to type "Wrong." too? Because this is ridiculous.

Urnfield comes about a touch later than the nordic bronze age, but they're largely concurrent, so it's pretty fucking clear that I was not referring to them as a precursor to the germanic tribes.

You're a thousand years late, try unetice for the common ancestry.

>Unetice
>Italy

wat

It was too pure for this world.

>A word that was in the post
>A word that was not in the post

>try Unetice for common ancestry
>Unetice culture wasn't present in the Italian peninsula

???

What authority did the pope have to proclaim emperors? In reality he was trying to save his own skin

>A statement that was in my second post
>A statement that agrees with my first post

*Blocks your path*

"Heard you were makin' grandiose delcarations about your lil' collection of German principalities. Something about being heavenly successors of the Roman imperial legacy?"