Monarchism wor-

>monarchism wor-

ks.

>During the reign of Charles II, Spanish power and prestige declined at an accelerated pace, that started in the last years of Count-Duke of Olivares' prime ministership in the 1640s. The economy, on the whole, was depressed between 1650 and 1700, with low productivity, famines, and epidemics.[13] Spain's economy (especially in Castile) crumbled. This was partially due to plague outbreaks, for example during 1676–1685, and partially due to the huge casualties caused by almost continuous warfare. The period 1677–1686 was the lowest point; there was famine, natural disasters, and economic chaos. Emigration to the New World increased; with the population of Spain decreasing by nearly two million people during the 17th century: nearly 1.25 million from plagues, and 300,000 from the expulsion of the Moriscos. Spanish territory shrank with the loss to France of some territories in the Spanish Netherlands.[1]

>Veeky Forums will defend this

You can't really pin it on a retard.

>Be born
>Get controlled by advisors who got there through their merits (using influence and all that is still meritocracy)
>Have your country hit by a plague
>Become bankrupt because virtually no one in the world at the time knows how economy works

>Hurr durr muhnarchy is shite! Pls upboat me

>Retards can become head of state
>Monarchy isn't shit.

>Retards can't rule so they have people literally ruling instead of them
Oh wait :^)

>he thinks retards can't become head of state in Republics and Democracies

A retard in a republic remains in power for a fixed term.
A retard king remains in power for life.

>some republics have term limits
>therefor all republics have term limits

shiiiiet

If the retard managed to keep getting elected then clearly they're doing something right.

Why not just make them head of state then?

Checkmate, monarcucks.

If the retard managed to not get usurped then clearly they're doing something right.

How to get rid of a retard president: don't vote for them.
How to get rid of a retard king: Engage in deep court intrigue and potentially fight a civil war.

Monarchy JUST werks! ;)

Why tho? They rule the country anyway, and even then they can't get shit done :^)

Yeah because retarded heads of state of republics absolutely NEVER seized their position for life, right? That has absolutely NEVER happened in history. Not once.

So you don't have to fight a massive pan-European war when the sterile retard dies.

White people manage to do it pretty well. I don't know about mudsharks like you.

The last war of succession was nearly 300 years ago. There are reigning monarchs today.

Of course that's happened but that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

>Democracies have codified channels for getting rid of unpopular leaders.
>But dictatorships! Bet you didn't think of that!
Yes, of course dictatorships happen. But no system of government is going to last indefinitely, in the meme time however the democratic system of electing one's own leaders is infinitely valuable.

>The last war of succession was nearly 300 years ago.
And? It still happened and it still totally ruined the Spanish empire.

>There are reigning monarchs today.
Of course there is, no side in the war wanted to end this practice.

yeah man fuck Castro and Batista , if only we were a republic then we could vote them out

yeah, just look at germany

>engage in court intrigue
>not just get the court physcian to declare a regency
Seriously Amerifats, just because you didn't have a monarchy doesn't mean monarchy is bad

The succession war only happens because Louis XIV refuses his grandson to give up the French claim, whilst simulatenously declaring him the Spanish king

>tfw people still don't know the best form of monarchy
>tfw /his is Francophile so both doesn't realise this and that the war of Spanish succession is all Louis XIV's fault

I thought this guy was actually competent

his is not anglophile you stupid dick.

That's my point, /his sees France as the goobois, and not the ones who ruined catholic hegemony, Europe and the balance of power

Charles 2nd was bad, the 'literal retard runs Spain better than modern politicians' was Philip IV who has a moustache curlier than Wilhelm

Heredity monarchies can be pretty shite sometimes. Philosipher kings who take power for themselves, usually from a corrupt republic or parliament, are much more preferable.

>white people manage to make it work pretty well

>russians
>white

>Stalin
>Russian

>you
>white

>philosopher kings who betray their principles are good
Stability mon frere

>unironically caring about whiteness
Amerifat spotted

A retard king will be overthrown, if his policies are to shitty.

At that point a civil war is necessary to determine the best successor. Why do you think the Frankish Empire split the land between heirs, to let them fight it out until the best rex prevails.

That's why you have elections amongst the members of the royal family where the highest official can vote for them

based

>Charles never got overthrown despite being a drooling retard
>he got to pork not one but two supple young women in their 20s with his crooked limp retard micropenis

Do you really think a multi billionaire is stupid?

Yes. He inherited all that money from his daddy and went bankrupt several times.

Elective Monarchy was the best.

You have the most competent being voted in meritocratically, but HRE cucked themselves by getting all corrupt with bribes and got stuck with the retard inbred Habsburgs for 400 years, instead of having another Otto the Great.

but you can't allow every citizen to vote for king
look at Poland - magnates just paid the poorer nobles to vote for their preferred candidate

He got a million dollars and turned into a billion. And you really don't know how bankruptcy works of you are going to use it as an insult.

we have no idea if he's even a billionaire because he refuses to expose his tax returns

>2005 tax return released literally days ago

First I'm going to say this. No one is obligated to show their tax returns.

Secondly they only show personal income. It has nothing to do with properties that he owns or other things like that. So if you really believe that he isn't a billionaire because he "only" made 118 million dollars in 2005 after several decades of real estate development you are extremely dumb and not worth the time to respond to

Monarchy always had advisors who were in part chosen because they were smart and good at what they did.

That is very much part of the monarchy system

Are you actually defending this coal testicle living abortion? Even his portrait artist couldn't make him look good, he must have looked much worse.

Monarchy can be great or terrible, it really does entirely come down to the man or woman wearing the crown.

Henry II of England was fucking baller though.

Why does Veeky Forums have a boner for monarchy? Is it a desire to have somebody grab the situation and make things "right"? Do they believe they would be one of the few who benefited from such a system, rather than the majority who did not?

>Do they believe they would be one of the few who benefited from such a system, rather than the majority who did not?

This is what people that support communism think, so it wouldn't surprise me

>using influence and all that is still meritocracy
It very much is not.

>No one is obligated to show their tax returns.
who ever said they are

god damn you americans surely are fragile with muh rights

>The physician who practiced his autopsy stated that his body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water. ”

>heh you think the president is a billionaire?
>well maybe he is just a lowly millionaire

>Do they believe they would be one of the few who benefited from such a system, rather than the majority who did not?

Can you whig idiots stop confusing technological development with government type. Even the retards of this board, the marxists, know that modern society has the same level of unequalness.

>gavelkind was so strongest survive
No it was to stop overextension like the Roman Empire had, as well as stopping civil war, and other brothers getting uppity because they were the heir and now the king has a kid
Exactly civil service hoorah
>elective monarchy
>not bicameral parliamentary monarchy
It's like you're a Francophile or something

>gavelkind
spotted you crusader kings player

He didn't.

He got 700,000,000 dollars and turned it into ~3 billion after thirty years.

If he'd bought index funds and done nothing, he'd be worth twice as much.

God Americans are easy to Jew.

First off if not for the redistribution of land during the English reformation and the subsequent inflation my family and I would still be nobles. Second off dukes don't just go around raping people, apart from war (which modern democracies also have) and plague, being a peasant was just fine, why do we all have to be equal and live in this sex crazed world

And the source for this is

Wikipedia.

I've passionately studied history since first form due to two enthusiastic teacher, one lad and one know it all, but yes I am currently playing CK2 and started a few weeks ago. I'm the Wessex guy who was trying to get his jews to die of inbreeding but ended up cuckolding them.
If it's so easy then why don't most Americans invest there and become billionaires

And their source is

>lad
>first form
>implying public schooling
Get out of here you posh wanker

>his jews to die of inbreeding but ended up cuckolding them.
sounds awesome desu thinking of playing it again to do it with captive muslims as well

>keeping Muslims in your court
Even if you close the gate you'll die of plague

So yes people what is the best form of government and why is it anarcho-imperialism
Also eugenics yay or nay

>If it's so easy then why don't most Americans invest there and become billionaires
>why don't most americans invest $700,000,000 and just become billionaires

really makes you think...

Él: ¿Que quieres?
Yo: Jode mi mierda
Él: Te tango senpai

>why don't most Americans invest 10%of their disposable income in

Because most Americans are stupid. Also, Trump is a clown and an idiot. I'm farther right than Genghis Khan and I still didn't vote for that idiot.

I always ended up doing something dirty with Way of Life Seduction option and cucking vassals I don't like. I also fuck my vassals' mothers when they're acting as regents for little 4 year old Heinrich.

8 years, cuck

>Thinking $10B in shares is equal in value to $10B in property
middle-class as fuck.

>Inheriting an Empire on the verge of disintegration, Pedro II turned Portuguese-speaking Brazil into an emerging power in the international arena. The nation grew to be distinguished from its Hispanic neighbors on account of its political stability, zealously guarded freedom of speech, respect for civil rights, vibrant economic growth and especially for its form of government: a functional, representative parliamentary monarchy. Brazil was also victorious in three international conflicts (the Platine War, the Uruguayan War and the Paraguayan War) under his rule, as well as prevailing in several other international disputes and domestic tensions. Pedro II steadfastly pushed through the abolition of slavery despite opposition from powerful political and economic interests. A savant in his own right, the Emperor established a reputation as a vigorous sponsor of learning, culture and the sciences. He won the respect and admiration of scholars such as Charles Darwin, Victor Hugo and Friedrich Nietzsche, and was a friend to Richard Wagner, Louis Pasteur and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, among others.

If he's so great, why didn't he survive?

he got couped by militarists and he didn't have a vigorous enough heir (or a male one i think) to oppose it.

does anyone know how a economy works? Explain how a economy works please

Dude didn't believe his heir at the time being female - his daughter to be a bit more precise - would allow the Empire to last. Wouldn't surprise he thought that because of some dynastic issue, like the other pretenders to the throne possibly launching a coup to assert their claims.

Also the fact that he seemingly became dissatisfied with being a ruler, and the Empire as a whole - or so it seems when reading on the end of his reign. Didn't even put up a fight, even though he surely had the support of the people, and probably a good chunk of his court.

2 and a half if he's lucky and doesn't get impeached.

>3 billion in assets
>tax returns show 30 mil that the ruler wants to change to 5 mil
What the actual fuck

>delusional

>Count-Duke
For what purpose?

>what is elective monarchy

Drumpf btfo! If he had simply gazed into the future he could have had more money, employed zero people instead of tens of thousands, and be completely unknown instead of a celebrity and the president of the United States.

What the FUCK I'm a #CruzMissile now!

>primogeniture as a method for selecting monarchs
>not elective monarchy

>man Le Brumpf is so stupid
>why would someone work their whole life to increase their wealth building skills and reputation, when they could just live a life of luxury living off the interest
>what a sucker, he should have lived a lazy worthless life like all the capitalists I despise, instead of building a worldwide business empire
>Grumpf btfo
Liberals are truly irrational

>He got 700,000,000 dollars and turned it into ~3 billion after thirty years.
completely false.
He got a million dollars when he graduated college at age 18.
He repaid that and grew his fortune substantially and didn't get anything else until his father died in 1999.
When his father died his estate had an estimated worth maximum $300 million (mostly nonliquid) which was split between Donald and his three living siblings and predeceased Fred Trump Jr.'s children.

Trump today is worth about $4 billion.
Explain what stocks I need to buy to turn 1/5 of $300 million into $4 billion in 18 years?

>liberals still in denial
never stop

>doesn't care
>spends half his time on twitter bitching about people attacking him

>can't play 8D underwater chess
stay plen

kek'd

>he doesn't play 11D chess
Stay corporeal you eternal pleb