Why Thank God?

I just don't get it, Why would people rather thank god instead of thanking themselves and their fellow men?

People love to pray for God to give them strength when they are going through a rough patch, and they almost always do make it, but instead of thanking their persistence, their perseverance, their can do attitude, instead of thankking the people that helped them through it, they would rather thank God for it and give God the credit.

Why do people do this? Isn't this a bit self limiting? Instead of acknowledging one's ability to conquer challaneges, they make it to be that they couldnt have done it without divine help

these people don't think about that shit man, it's just part of the practices of their religion. who they give credit to hardly affects their lives unless their trust in miracles is so high that they'll deny medical care.

>pray for God to give them strength
Energy comes from the sun (of God)

Had this exact conversation with an ex once

>we plan to go mountain hiking
>I lifted and trained for it and read tips, guides and all that jazz
>she did nothing
>be hiking day
>its hard as fuck
>helped ex every step until the summit
>got bruises wounds and shit
>we did it user! I'm really glad I prayed to god for us to conquer this mountain without any accidents, we couldn't have done it without his grace"
>I humor her
>"how about me? i prepared for this, but i still made it without god's help"
>"oh no, I prayed for you too"

fuck you

>I just don't get it, Why would people rather thank god instead of thanking themselves and their fellow men?
A good Christian would also be appreciative of their fellow men.
>People love to pray for God to give them strength when they are going through a rough patch, and they almost always do make it, but instead of thanking their persistence, their perseverance, their can do attitude, instead of thankking the people that helped them through it, they would rather thank God for it and give God the credit.
Because God helped them gain the strength necessary. Again, being thankful to a higher power doesn't mean that you dismiss any personal effort or skill.
>Why do people do this? Isn't this a bit self limiting? Instead of acknowledging one's ability to conquer challaneges, they make it to be that they couldnt have done it without divine help
Isn't it self limiting to exclude God and spirituality from the picture?

Anyway you get the point, this some kind of false dichotomy you're creating here. Try praying yourself or even go to church

because he sent his son to die for our sins

If you actually knew/saw what was going on around you at all times in the parts of reality of you can't see/directly sense/even measure with scientific instruments you wouldn't even want to leave your house user, prolly wouldn't feel very safe in your own house either. Also how about the fact God made you in the first place and gave you the potential/ability to do the things you THINK you did all 100% "by yourself". Like saying the sun rising, (or even being there in the first place), the moon being in the PERFECT alignment to not cause mass tsunamis on Earth daily, Earth itself not getting sucked into a black hole every breathing second or any of the other COUNTLESS intricate balancing acts put into place before any form of life was even IN existence.

Think of it this way, it's like finding a car parked on the side of the street with the key in the ignition , turning on the car , and driving away with it was all 100% YOU NOTHING PUT THE CAR THERE THE FACT THE CAR EVEN EXISTED YEAH THAT WAS ALL YOU TOO CUZ NOW IM DRIVING IT WITH THE BODY/BRAIN GOD GAVE ME BUT YOU KNOW THAT'S ALL 100% ME DUDE WHY DOES GOD TAKE ALL THE CREDIT ANYWAY?!

I think you see where I'm going with this, and if you claim the "well that's just science and causality etc user" ok try the explaining what the big bang even was or where all that stuff known as the universe originated then maybe you can start taking credit for something you didn't create (when you still actually didn't by merely 'explaining' it lol)

laughable man...laughable how short-sited humanity REALLY is, best to live life but always humble ourselves in that fact nothing is owned by us ever

Praise Jesus

Thank Helios.

Because you owe your life to God.
He sustains the universe.

I thank Him for every breath I take.

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee" Jeremiah 1:5

>Him
Did you just assume God's gender? Wew

Hes assuming his god must be the one, since hes pasting here excerps from the book of the contradictions.

Religious people are cucked into thinking they can't be proud of anything they do.

>"waaaah the bybul has contradiktions!"
>cant name one

Lying is bad.

Pride comes before the fall.

Satan can tell you all about pride.

It works they other way around, too.

If they fuck up hugely, they can blame it on God. It's a tool of absolving you of responsibility.

God dindu nuffin

www.bibviz.com

I really want to see the whole planet praying to God to cure AIDS.

God works in mysterious ways user, it wont work

I lel'd

Thx Jeyzus for not causing daily mass Tsunamis, cus just everynow and then tsunamis is fine.

gr8 b8 m8

Christians work in mysterious ways too, as you won't find one anywhere near to a commandment.

God's a dude
>“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
Genesis 1:27

If God is perfect then why would he ever want to create anything? If you want something this means you're not perfect.