Someone explain this

someone explain this

why would people want to use cryptocurrency for real life transactions/business instead of using fiat like we normally do

Anonymity
Speed
Low TX fees for international payments, compared to traditional money transfer services
Lower risk for vendors because crypto currencies don't have "charge back"

Delete thissssssss

they dont.

its only good for drugs and money laundering
>anonymity
useless because the tax man will still come after you
>speed
btc transactions take 2hours. paypal is low tx fees
just lol, transaction fees are way higher with coins than with fiat
>lower risk
what are hackers?

the volatility of crypto kind of kills the benefits imo

>instead of using fiat like we normally do

You just answered your own question.

Its mostly used for illegal activities, such as laundering money from ransome ware.

Why else do you think we had a huge Bitcoin spike out of nowhere, right after the massive WannaCry ransom attack?

Just money being traded & laundered to avoid detection.

And bwt... bitcoin can absolutely be traced now, and how many hackers are caught, which is why this laundering to alt coins is needed.

It won't be volatile if adopted as a major currency.

It fixes a lot of the problems faced by the fiat economy but brings a few of its own to the table. Overall, however, it's the better choice.

>inb4 yeah but why would people WANT to

Same reason why people in the UK changed from shillings to pounds - it becomes the standard.

>massive

They got 50 bitcoins worth, oh wow. This is the crime of the millennium.

OP asked about crypto currency, not Bitcoin specifically. Numerous crypto currencies are very fast, and even Bitcoin only takes 20-30 minutes
>Paypal
Rapes you with fees. Enjoy paying $200 to transfer $10000.

>It fixes a lot of the problems faced by the fiat economy but brings

Until Bticoins can be taxed and accepted as tax payment, it will say as a criminal enterprise.

Good luck getting any governments to accept bitcoin as "currency" for tax payments.

> send 50 shekel coins
> 5 minutes later they drop by 50%
> lost more than $200

Ignoring the speculation aspect, the big draw is lack of regulation, relative anonymity, and the ability to move funds outside the banking system without carrying physical bills/items.

>They got 50 bitcoins worth, oh wow

Multiply that number by about 400 and you're closer to the truth.

Do you use a credit card? Merchants pay like a 3% fee or some shit every time you do that. Crypto could save them a lot of money.

normies wouldnt. international finance will.

"why would any want a swizz bank accunt?"

this is the volatility stage moron

look at XRP alone, the banks are fucking buying it in preparation for the shift in the next 5-10 years to cryptocurrency transactions from account to account

dump your life savings in while you can

>your bank goes bancrupt
>your money is gone
>venezuela.jpg

Because FIAT will collapse, thats why.

Swiss accounts sucks ass, no interest rates.
They even speak about negative rates.

Until you reach a point when whoever is processing transactions decides they want to increase their fee.

>why would people want to travel in airplanes when we have perfectly good railroads

middle finger to enforced kike monopolies by central banks
middle finger to unnecessary middlemen(=parasites/vampires)
middle finger to wealth redistribution through taxation(=theft)
embracing the possibility of individual-to-individual business regardless of location
embracing the objectively better monetary system
gaining access to exchanges whose traditional counterparts are inaccessible due to high fees, legislative hurdles, oppressive taxation and less opportunities (on a poorfag budget)

You know there are billions of people who can't/won't use paypal for several reasons, right?

Also monetary systems histprically last about 40 years on average, because governments inevitably fuck them up (along with their banker buddies of course).
The end of the dollar is nigh, it's so fucking obvious. Crypto is part of a healthy diversification strategy.

>Coping this hard
I just don't get it. It's like when old people refuse to read online because "newspapers are so much better".
I'll never wait 3 days to transfer money again, I know that.

Right now, crypto is not ideal for day to day business due to volatility + not great ease of use + long transaction times (at least for BTC).

A hypothetical future cryptocurrency that has fast transaction times, a stable value, and is easy for normal people to get into has many advantages over fiat, such as:

Independence: individuals and corporations will not have to pay banks to merely hold their money for them, and in the process run the risk of their bank losing their money in a financial crisis. They will also be able to be responsible for the security of their money in a meaningful way, rather than having to trust that the banks are doing their due diligence.

Global use: no more messing around with exchange rates and things like that.

Protection from governments: this is less of a thing in the western world (so far), but people in the third and second world may appreciate having a way to store their wealth that cannot be easily confiscated by the government, while simultaneously being able to easily and quickly access their money if they need it (not the case with current ways of keeping wealth out of reach of government, such as buying property overseas).

Easier and cheaper to set up: Again, less of an issue in the first world, but people elsewhere may be drawn to a way to safely store wealth that does not require extensive personal documentation or minimum deposits and fees.

Of course, all of these qualities are things that are likely to terrify banks and governments, and because of that cryptocurrencies may well be regulated into oblivion before they enjoy widespread adoption. But if governments and banks are unable to contain them, then there are plenty of reasons for individuals and businesses to want to use crypto instead of fiat, if a cryptocurrency can be developed that fixes the main issues with bitcoin while still enjoying its level of support.

fdic.png

interac e-transfer is faster than any crypto

Also dont fall for the "joe cant buy coffee with bitcoin" trap. The small people never have and never will matter. They will swallow whatever their masters force feed them. Whales move markets.
Bitcoin volatility will be negligible against the crash of the fiat system. Whales will move into several "safe" assets. Crypto will be one of them.

I'm american

>fdic
this just means that the losses of a private business get socialized by taxpaying chumps

BECAUSE FIAT IS SEVERELY FUCKED IN SOME COUNTRIES

FIAT ISN'T LESS VOLATILE BY DEFINITION

>bitcoin volatility neglibilge against fiats

>Why would people post pictures on Normiebook when they can email them individually

Next level crypto currency traders, add me on Skype: CryptoAnna

Also, because Janet Yellen and the Rothschilds can't touch something this decentralized and manipulate it

I don't get the appeal of it at all outside of proftting from the bubble.

You can literally do everything you can do with crypto with fiat. Outside of anonymity which like a previous user said, doesn't matter when the tax man's watching. The second that money enters the banking system or you make a major purchase he'll know.

I find it funny that people still worry whether some 3rd worlder will be able to pay 8 dollars fee for his negligible transactions.
Think more like this: what will millionaires use to move money out of countries like china when the govt cracks down. Paypal? Tons of gold?
What will the young generation of big money store their wealth in?
Or this: will the inflationary dollar ever appreciate against bitcoin in the long run? EVER again? No. Value always flows from funny money TO sound money. It's fucking physics.

Why do people buy gold when it's literally useless

China already has currency controls stopping people from taking >50k out of the country.

Yet they all buy luxury houses in new york, vancouver, toronto, etc.

China has greater control of the internet than they do their banking system.

>inflationary dollar

let me remind you that there are countless individuals capable of producing boutique products of excellent quality but their inability to offer them to other individuals without having to start a formal business that has to finance healthcare and pension ponzi schemes, adhere to x amount of regulations etc prevents them from doing so
not everyone is capable or willing to turn a side gig into a major business trying to draw in VC and all that jazz

As a store of value.

But ask yourself this, is anyone here buying btc as a store of value?

No, they are buying it in hopes that it will wildly appreciate.

I own gold in my portfolio, but only as a currency hedge.

>Think more like this: what will millionaires use to move money out of countries like china when the govt cracks down. Paypal? Tons of gold?

You're talking about the top 0.1% of the population. That's not enough for cryptos to become mainstream. Actually, if what you are saying becomes the main way of using cryptos, they'll be seen as the currency of illegal transactions.

1. Fiat inflation is way worse than presented, the real price of a loaf of bread has more than quintupled since euro introduction. Govs lie about these things.
2. I was talking about WHEN the fiat system breaks down (which is a mathematical certainty).

Not subject to inflation, easily transferrable internationally. Bank of America makes a lot of money holding on to your money, where do you think that is going to go if bank of America is no longer needed?

Not true, it works just as well for someone sending 20000 of savings to his family after a years work.

They wouldn't, and anyone on this board or elsewhere that tries to tell you otherwise is either stupid or lying.

Crypto will always have very niche or situational uses and will never be any form of go-to currency. Alts are niches within niches, coins with a specific or targeted purpose, and that isn't how currency works.

Anyone who thinks crypto isn't just a lightning-quick stock market game and will one day catch on is L I T E R A L L Y retarded. It's a fantastic way to make money right now, though, so nocoiners are even worse.

try this compared to bitcoin which shoots up and down as much as 20% in a day, much less a year.

Most cryptocurrencies (at least those with a limited supply) work as stores of value.

You buy BTC to protect your money from banks, governments, divorce, jews, etc.

Bitcoin was designed for this purpose, not to replace Paypal.

To ensure this, it had to grow in value as time passes. That's why we have limited supply, halving, etc.

My main complain with Bitcoin is it's 100% POW. Satoshi probably didn't imagine Chinese would build farms and "produce" 80% of BTC supply. Back then, POS didn't exist though.

3 percent for like some stupid special visa club card that nobody ever heard of but less then 1 percent for normal cards

And yes ive already started; pic related

does half of biz live in vancouver?

I live by there and have seen that pic posted like 50times

But is that going to lead to mass adoption? I highly doubt it. For mass adoption, people would have to largely adopt it as a payment method, everywhere. At least on websites like ebay, amazon etc.

Ive only made one other thread. Maybe you spend too much time on here

Cryptocurrencies are only good for speculation, it will never achieve mainstream usage in its current form because the majority of people are stupid sheep and can't be expected to manage things like private keys, wallets, waiting for confirmations and shit.

They get scammed, phished, send coins to wrong addresses, etc. There is no safety net if you fuck up, unlike the fiat system which can undo transactions and bail out fuckups via insurance, gov intervention, and the good ol threat of prosecution backed by guns.

I think you are making an error of judgment, because you are still clinging to "main stream".
I am talking about whales, who push markets forward. Bitcoin will prove a better store of value than any other asset they can move into over the years, because it is more sound than any alternative. Only way to manipulate it is FUD which is less and less effective (btc appreciated > 10000x against dollar in 10 yrs) OR buy and sell it at a loss (and millions will buy dips).
It will forever appreciate against any fiat currency, because fiat systems are not sound and super crooked. There is literally no way govs can stop crypto by now, the first country to act hard against them will bankrupt itself.

you mean like PIN codes?

>because it is more sound than any alternative

lol

Totally disagree that people wouldn't use crypto for transactions. USD fluctuates all over the place compared to other fiats as well. Try trading forex and say the same. Everyone and their sister's face is buried in a smartphones nowadays. All that needs to happen is for something to put a usable crypto platform in front of those faces.

Adoption by normies is such a non issue and still so many ppl are talking about it. Makes me think the ride has only just begun.
Normies will trade dried shit if their govt tells them to.
This is about whales, who have been scientifically shown to drive markets. And about bitcoin being one of the best places to store wealth, period.

But don't you think that these whales will stay in as long as the volatility is high enough for cryptos to have an advantage over let's say forex trading?
The volatility is high as long as people don't know for sure whether cryptos will have a future or not. As soon as the narrative starts to turn to "cryptos are the currencies of criminals and terrorists", more and more people will stop putting their trust into it, greatly lowering the chances of "moons" and other great changes that make whales a lot of money.

And that is why I am afraid that the circumstances of these times are only temporary.

So people don't see my bad dragon purchases

Seriously, that's huge

Narrative is normie territory, whales would put their assets in live skinned babies if that was the best alternative AND they could hide it.
Also, of course whales will diversify. Im not saying theyll go full bitcoin thats just stupid.

Just know this: soon USA wont be able to pay THE INTEREST on their loans. The fucking interest! And they can only inflate to push this problem forward, not even solve it.
Cryptos (actually bitcoin not shitcoins), are such a fucking great opportunity right now... even as a calculated gamble for a part of your portfolio.

Etransfer exists in burgerland too, retard

>Narrative is normie territory

But your "whales" can only make money off of panic selling normies, who are responsible for a great portion of the fluctuations that make the whales money.

Whales mostly dont buy gold to profit of panic selling normies. Yet they buy gold. Govts that arent crazy buy gold. Kings buy gold. Big funds buy gold. Storing value and hedging is just as important. Crypto will start to fill similar roles. Also speculation, of course.
The fact that you can only create a bitcoin by expending real world value/energy is so huge. It just makes it the perfect value trap against fiat that can be created at will. No govt in the history of humanity has shown to resist the temptation of abusing these kind of systems. Our current govts are the same.