History moments that triggered you

History moments that triggered you

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Palimpsest
youtube.com/watch?v=t3IP_FmGams
youtube.com/watch?v=BD0syFXAf_w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That painting isn't about Rome REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What history moment is that FICTIONAL painting by Thomas Cole supposed to depict?

You know, the day Rome fell

And why should that trigger someone?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4th crusade...
every fucking time

Huh?

>t. Ivan Guroglu 100% Roman and heir to Byzantine Empire

Which one tho?

Then why is it titled Fall of Rome?
Please, user, think before you post. This is a serious board.

The process that led to pic related

>why is it titled Fall of Rome
It's not titled "Fall of Rome"

who ?

What are yov, an avtist? This is a Roman board.

fine !
qui ?

No, it is nit.
Get out, Cassius Autismus Maximus

the big one of course

Russian Revolution, where Marx false teachings corrupted a whole society

Reminder that all sacks past 390 BC were irrelevant because Rome was just a depopulated city which was no longer the capital of the WRE at the time.

The one in 415 AD was pretty important because of its psychological impact, despite loosing all political significance, Roma was still the City. And it wasn't depopulated at the time, the major depopulation happened during the Gothic wars.

>get defeated twice in northern Italy, the actual relevant part of the WRE
>sack an irrelevant city with an army 100x bigger than the opposition and claim victory

Alaric was a tantrum throwing little bitch.

>"psychological impact"
>some pope being retarded because of religious bullshit

Nice meme.

American Revoltion. All those resources wasted to create a power that would contribute nothing beneficial to the world, and bankrupt actual culturally rich Empires

>this low quality of bait
>on my Veeky Forums

Not an argument

Alright how about this. These resources were not wasted as they created the United States which would go on to be a major player in Human History, did contribute enormous amounts to the modern world, and didn't bankrupt culturally rich empires, as Europe did that to themselves with two world wars.

What has America contributed the world beyond mindless consumerism. No create political systems, no high culture, no music except simple beats for negros to shake their arse at. Zero grest military strategies, just some technology that any other nation couldve created.

>political systems
We instituted successful capitalism, and while we didn't create it, we almost perfected it. We also have funded thousands of think-tanks to create new and random sub-sections of political systems.

>no high culture
Our cowboy Americana and even modern Hollywood has been incredibly influential on the culture of the world, especially after WW2. You see Somalian kids with a Bart Simpson t-shirt or a Brazilian with Nike shorts.American culture is everywhere.

>no music
We had the 50's pop which probably had some of the greatest music ever created, the 60's and 70's Vietnam soundtrack, and the 30's and 40's jazz. Unfortunately we were not around for the Classical craze, and that sucks.

>military strategies
We perfected Shock and Awe and our entire strategy is to "rain down munitions" on the enemy until we can walk in and just capture whatever is left of our objective. We created our military strategies around our massive industrial complex and our concern with American causalities.

>any other nation couldve created.
Even if that is true or not, the fact is that we created it. We were the rich and powerful, the accepting and wonderous, and we attracted people like Rockefeller, Carnegie, Goddard, Bell, the Orville brothers, Ford, and so many others.

Like I said, 4/10 bait.

Nigger, we basically enabled the allies/entente in both world wars to win. WW1: Supplied for all of the war, and then shattered the Hindenburg offensive.
WW2: LEND LEASE
E
N
D

L
E
A
S
E

>defending capitalism
>defending Hollywood
>implying cowboy culture exists outside of some old films
>implying most cowboys weren't Mexican anyway
>thinking just dropping lots of bombs is a respectable military strategy
America has had its fair share of shifting movements, but none of these have left a positive mark upon the world.

American's only defense of their nation is "hurr we're rich" as if they didn't completely luck out by having vast swathes of land, weak neighbours and 2 oceans seperating them from any competitors and guaranteeing they'll never be invaded. Your patriotism is admirable but unearned.
Does this mean anything at all? Are you playing the "good guys" card. Yes America is very rich, but if i take what you said seriously, all you did was enable a weak power to win a war it didn't deserve

And we basically (tried our best) to keep commies from taking over the world. I'll admit, the way we did it was very faulty, but it kept the commies out (mostly)

Ah finally. Not an argument from you this time.

The Russians taking Berlin instead of the Americans.

>fall-of-rome.gif

>Dashes are the same as spaces

Arab conquest of Egypt

what's it about then?

Shooting of the Romanovs.

The first one was so thorough that they debated whether to abandon the site and just build a whole new city. The only reason they didn't is because one autistic general made a speech about "muh honor and homeland"

1066, battle of Hastings & Norman conquest of England.

Harold Godwinson & the Saxons just beat the Norweigen Vikings in the North, then almost beat Normans but fall for a fake route ruse.

Would have been Harold the Great & the language would still be German as fuck.

& Greece not winning Greco-turk war after ww2

Warsaw uprising and Stalin

Alcibiades getting kicked out of Athens... both times. Fucking jealous pricks

eh, saxon england would've just ended up another irrelvalent nordic country today. Based william is the reason for anglo supremacy. agree with second one tho

The destruction of the Library of Alexandria.

Both the big one and the one the Christian Mob did to finish it off.

true

I'm with this guy. Let's not forget all the other important libraries that were ever burnt throughout time. Because fuck the future generations, right?

when the romans killed Archimedes

then some monks copied over a lost palimpsest of his containing early traces of calculus... for a bible

might as well have wiped their asses with 500+ years of scientific/mathematical advancement

sauce on second claim? seems interesting...

Fucking Bolsheviks.

This one desu.

this.

It was all downhill for whites/ Christians/ West Civ from there.

>germanic
>roman empire

This one doesnt really trigger my autism. You can imagine that it was filled with all sorts of primitive pagan stuff that, while it would be very valuable to us as historical material, probably only held them back.

How about the Mongol destruction of the House of Wisdom, then?

it's 1 of a 4 part set, about the rise and fall of a civilization

Alaric wanted to force the emperor to give him political recognition as king of the visigoths and land to settle his people while holding Rome "hostage"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Palimpsest

youtube.com/watch?v=t3IP_FmGams

cut to 42 seconds

> Conquistaniggers leveling Tenochtitlan

How do you even level one of those pyramids?

Spanish magic

Gunpowder.

>The library of Alexandria was burnt down
Why does all the good stuff have to suffer

Alaric was basically completely in the right. Dude just wanted a place for his people and recognition. Then they had to go and kill his boy Stillicho and slaughter tens of thousands of Goths. Honorious had it coming.

the peasants crusade

I mean, I wasn't even rooting for the crusaders as the roman catholic church were the aggressors but they really fucked everything up

Second vienna award
Guess my nationality

Doggerland sinking

China's history throughout the 2nd millennium is like long, endless cringe. The horrible stupidity that goes on never stops. It just never stops and just kept getting worse after they nearly had a industrial society.

Fuck Mongollians.

I hate hate hate how they keep being defended by historians because "they open the trade routes" despite the Silk Road being a thing for millennia by than and other horse nomads doing this sort of thing without the rape and slaughter of so many societies, peoples and ideas for some megalomaniac's dream of world conquest. I believe we'd be further ahead as a world without the Mongols. At the very least the orient wouldn't have been so shit as they became when the Mongols came in and destroyed all innovation & progress in much of Asia. Also they're responsible for Russia.

1 4 5 3
4 5 3
5 3

refrain yourself from typing again

Takamori deserved better.

Even if he did want to go to war with Korea.

Somewhere the dead Mongols are laughing at all this salt in the afterlife.

The Course of an Empire
An Empire, not the Roman Empire specifically.

not really for a coward who should have had a traitor's death instead, he got away alright

>no mention of the islam sacking
of fucking course

Saved.

Actually Alaric just wanted to recognised with an official position in the Roman army such as "magister militum" so that he would have access to the state granaries and arsenals, allowing him to feed and arm his people. I don't think he ever intended his people to remain an independent kingdom within Roman territory, such a thing had never been tolerated before.

if he had waited for his archers they would have won, but as someone whose name was first attributed to a follower of William, I am glad they won

I just feel smug and look at the current shithole that they live in

Gotta say though, having slightly slanted eyes helps when driving in the car when the sun's shining right at your eyes

Americans would have just dropped Fat Boy on it because the high military casualties they'd endure during the battle.

>downhill
>major colonization still has to start

Even I'm from /pol/ but mods should ban stupid people like you from posting here.

Concept of Rome falling not from another more fabulous empire taking it down, but by decadence etc

youtube.com/watch?v=BD0syFXAf_w

>muh anglo-saxon language

Wasn't this the one where Caesar's and Augustus's ashes were destroyed plus a bunch of other shit we would totally geek out over now?

You're an idiot, it's from a series of paintings called the course of empire. It's obviously inspired by rome, but it's not actually representing it.

Arab conquest of middle east