France

Ok I want to know why France is depicted as a nation of cowards who always surrender. I mean yes we surrender in ww2 (
I would be interested to see what the United States would have done if they had a common border with Germany) but we fought everybody in Europe for centuries, we (almost) conquered Russia, we conquered the seconde largest colonial empire, we won the First world war and we ahve the best victories/wars ratio of Europe.

So the ''surrender'' joke is that just a little joke, is it proper to uneducated people or is it just jealousy?

Vive la France

Whatever you say, Muhammad.

>ground war
>america
>even a small chance of occupation
hue.

It's a 2003 meme that grew out of proportion.

The surrender meme is just a simple joke to people who actually have any knowledge of history. Unfortunately, I get the impression that most people really believe that France is a nation of cowards.

>I would be interested to see what the United States would have done if they had a common border with Germany.
The United States would still defeat them after a long and bloody war. Due to the USA's production capability and its access to the most crucial resources, only the Soviets would really have stood a chance against them, and only then because of the sheer numbers the Commies had.

France is the reddit of nations

France won the American Revolutionary War for USA

> is depicted as a nation of cowards

Sorry, but I watched too many liveleak videos from Paris to take you guys seriously.

Ethnically cleanse the non-assimilated foreigners first then we can talk.

Dick chenney really

since france opposed the invasion of Iraq and threatened to veto it at the general assembly , the media went ape shit with the whole surrender monkey thing.
>Remembers freedom fries

It's just a joke for everyone who is a bit educated in history.

France sucks

Because most people don't study history and have only the vaguest idea of what happened in their own country, let alone others. WW2 was a huge event, almost everyone at least knows something about it; it occupies a far greater share of the common man's scant historical knowledge than centuries of French monarchial wars or the Revolutionary/Napoleonic wars.

There's been plenty of threads about this already.

France is the only Western country that maintained an independent foreign policy after WW2, so America started pushing this meme in an effort to discredit France, and by extension any potential opposition to American policy.

No, if it was just about WW2 the meme would be about Italians.

See

>No, if it was just about WW2 the meme would be about Italians.

You also have plenty of Italian memes, although those are usually about general governmental incompetence than cowardice per se, but as someone who grew up in New York and near a fairly large Italian expat community, you get very similar memes, at least here.

Really doesn't have much to do with France at all, it's an Amercian domestic political meme. American neo-conservatives and christian-nationalists use it as a way to attack opponents of the MIC and those who would support American soft-power. They wrongly believe that France was a proponent of disarmament and soft-power...

weird thing is the Brits did too until the 1980s but didn't get the same shit for some reason. Also the French did a lot more Commie fighting during WW2 then just about any other NATO country aside from the US.

There were always memes about Italian cowardice in Europe, but more the kind of low key jokes you'd get from long term historical experience. That's before the internet was bombarded with French surrender monkey memes in 2003, which unlike the Italian jokes followed a very obvious agenda.

>I would be interested to see what the United States would have done if they had a common border with Germany
Not give up our countries and bend over like little French bitches.

sorry *Commie fighting during the Cold War.

>the Brits did too until the 1980s
Nah, the British pretty much resolved themselves to becoming an annex of America in 1942 already. Britain was always in NATO, it hosts US military bases, its nuclear weapons and other key armament depends on the US, it abandoned Suez when the Americans demanded it, it systematically followed the US on foreign policy matters, it always served Atlanticist interests in relation to other European countries, and more recently of course it joined in the Iraq War.

This is very different from France which especially under De Gaulle always put much more importance on its national sovereignty.

pfff...half the American right would surrender thinking ole' Adolf would finally "show those libruls".

>it abandoned Suez when the Americans demanded it

France did too.

the UK also stayed way the fuck out of Vietnam.

French and US worked closely together in SE Asia and Africa during the Cold War.

>France did too.
Nope, in fact Britain pulled out unilaterally without even telling France. Without Britain France no longer had any legal basis to occupy Suez, so it obviously left as well, but that was Britain's surrender.

>the UK also stayed way the fuck out of Vietnam.
Was it ever asked to join? I doubt it, at the time when European colonialism wasn't even over yet, a British participation would have been very bad for the US PR-wise.

>French and US worked closely together in SE Asia and Africa during the Cold War.
At times, and only when it was in both countries' independent interest. It wasn't France following American orders.

Not only cowards but also treacherous and perfidious, like the anglos.

Pawel please.

>At times, and only when it was in both countries' independent interest. It wasn't France following American orders.

when did the UK follow US orders after WW2 again?

See

Iraq War 2 I'll give you...but the UK often did it's own thing until the 80s. the US and UK maintained different policies towards key theaters of the Cold War in Africa, Asia and Latin America. the UK also pursued different weapons development programs.

the French maintained a higher degree of independence but the UK wasn't a vassal.

You're 56% with full of negroe blood in you

Your country will soon cease to exist pakito in fact it is already dead while us we will elect Le Pen and remove the shitskins

Good Bye Alejandro