Is there a more obvious ponzi-coin?

Is there a more obvious ponzi-coin?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6ig4i7/comment/dj661cr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why ponzi? Sia has an actual use, unlike so many other useless coins. Store your data on sia cloud storage system for cheap.

But it can't be used by businesses, for legal reasons. Businesses are required to meet certain data security laws, and Sia doesnt meet those.

So, if someone stores CP on the blockchain... Does that fuck everyone over?

>not yet

its a hodl coin. unless youre looking for a quick buck this friday

So what? You don't think there's still a market for non-companies here?

youre dumb dude, do you think the presdient of the harvard bitcoin club and the MIT bitcoin club would be involved in a scam coin?

The important thing to note is that it's CHEAP CLOUD STORAGE.
Same service at a fraction of the price? Also, it's decentralized.

Honestly, at $0.02, why not by a couple thousand?

>PLEASE let me crash this coin so I can buy a nice dip

not happening OP

Non-companies just leech off of free storage or buy into centralized solutions.

coins too strong to get shit talked lads. I suggest you move on to an actual shitcoin. bright future ahead.

Because it's at best going to moon at 10 cents? Lucky to get 3-5 cents honestly.

...so you're saying that it mooning 500% is a bad thing? if it hit 10 cents I'd be golden

Nah, that be great but that's gonna take years, if ever, and who wants to wait for mooning for ten cents? People eager for that next ANS.

Sia is definitely a long hodler but needs to move quicker honestly especially if other big players move in and develop their own.

Way I see it, if I'm wrong I'm wrong small. If I'm right? Heh. Helloooooo Lamboland

>being this short-sighted

nigger I can still play with PnDs while holding my long terms and watching them grow week by week

I ain't talking about you, willis. Most people don't have that patience or money to spread.

did someone say bonzi?

I dumped after retard dev said 300k coin blocks on asic.

Fuck that

300k coin Block payouts*

What does this mean?

It means each block mined on new algo CPU card is going to start by paying out 300,000 Sia coin - effectively rendering small bags worthless.

Source.
reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6ig4i7/comment/dj661cr

It's a degrading payout (-1 per block until 30k) but it's just going to make a few whales and the current supply worthless imo

Wow thanks

Nobody is storing anything on the blockchain. The sia blockchain stores pointers to encrypted pieces of files stored on peers. You keep URIs and reference the pointers the sia client decrypts them with your key. There's no governance or moderation on the content of the sia network. Not yet anyway, who knows.

I think OP you fucked up as usual and used the wrong logo

lmao, your """bluechip""" shitcoins are never going to make you crypto rich faggot

Yes. Bancor

Yes, eth

>
>But it can't be used by businesses, for legal reasons. Businesses are required to meet certain data security laws, and Sia doesnt meet those.

Andreas rightly says disruptive techs don't fit neatly into legacy institutions framework and rules.

That is not a bug, it's a feature. Assuming your point is correct, the legal framework will adapt to things like sia. Sia has huge aspirations, is a long term hold, and may very well fail for any number of reasons.

BUT...if it doesn't then even 1000 bucks invested now is a ticket to lamboland.

like, a toy lambo? how much will that ~50k sc be worth in six months, a year?

>data security laws

dumb

data security laws pertain customer information

theres 999999999x other reasons to need storage. skeptical theres anything prohibitive about sia specifically as well. summary of these laws: "do things securely".

I've worked as a sysadmin for 10 years. I wouldn't trust my company's backups, let alone mission critical storage on a network which could potentially unlink all of your files if your client is offline for any reason at a specific date. I'm holding siacoin, and I love the platform for personal use. But let's just stop pretending it's a valid platform for enterprise use. End of discussion.

my point is that data needs vary. ex: a writeonly "audit" of some service that's manually checked by a person when something goes wrong. it makes sense for the existance of cheaper platform at the expense of 99% uptime versus aws 99.99% uptime.

the dreamer in me also imagines some critical mass adoption where so many people host that widespread redundancy makes these issues drop dead

As long as idiots like you exist, I can make money in Crypto. Never stop being you buddy, buying more Sia as we speak.

I own 7xxx SC. I'm out on Friday though.

negative, it has an application, however the storage provider requirements are a bit too steep for my liking
try it yourself; if you deploy it today it will sync sometime before this year is over
not sure about the inflation but I'm not a bagholder so don't care

I have 10k of this, shit better skyrocket

80k deep in Sia. When do I get my prius money???

Not all data storage requires compliance with data security laws.

50,000 * 0.7 = 35,000

>keep a couple backups of everything on a local dedicated server
>keep costs low by using sia decentralized storage for downloads

I got terabytes of public domain pdfs I need to store, it's not mission critical but cloud storage gets expensive. As soon as Sia gets upgraded to deal with small files, I'll be looking into integrating it. The fact that you think Sia is intended for "mission critical files" and not bulk amounts of low priority files shows your lack of creativity.