Ending Apartheid

So, it's been two and a half decades.

Was ending Apartheid a successful venture or not?

Just chime right in guys

No one has an opinion on Apartheid?

surprising since this board is more or less a /pol/ colony.

anyways, to the matter at hand: define successful first.

Has ending Apartheid in South Africa been a net benefit for the country?

Being in New Zealand, a country that has taken thousands of SA migrants (almost all white) since apartheid ended, i can say it was not beneficial for the white people who may or may not have deserved it. I fear in the next 10 years it will go the way of Zimbabwe with regressive blacks in power pushing and killing remainging whites from the country and rejecting european infrastructure which will of course end badly for them.

Yeah... yeah it has...

As a White man from Free State, I must say- apartheid ought to come back. Only reason South Africa isn't Somalia is because my ancestors came here to govern and give real civilization to the Negro children who now are expected to govern what we built due to the new "rainbow nation" concept, which by the way was invented to disenfranchise the whites who built this nation.

>which by the way was invented to disenfranchise the whites who built this nation.

hopefully whites in europe, america, and australia are disenfranchised and displaced in the same way eventually. White people are the most evil thing that earth has ever produced

It won't come back. There is no political will to bring it back at this point.

Yes it would be marvelous to see whites chased out of their historic homelands. The sooner they are bred out of existence the better.

White nationalists like to claim that South Africa has gotten significantly worse since the end of apartheid and that the country was great and everyone was living well before it. In reality, South Africa always looked the way it did and was always terrible to live in, except if you were white it was generally pretty good. The reality is that it got worse for whites and it got slightly better for black people.

It doesn't matter seeing as how there was no choice. White people can't survive crippling sanctions

>White nationalists like to claim

Wat the fuck do objective standards of living have to do with white nationalism?

if it had ended well before ww2 then SA would be in a much better place

but then again i can say that about most of africa but that wasnt in the colonizers best interest

Whites leave and take all their money.
Poor blacks struggle to maintain the place at the previous level.

>leave

I wonder how big the initial migration was. Also, why would whites just stay and hand all their wealth to people who deposed them?

People like you tend to speak like whites owe black people something and it's always the white fault for black failure. It isn't the case.

Blacks have agency in the world user.

What are you on about? When did I imply whites should leave their wealth behind?

Apartheod: only whites live well
Now: nobody lives well

>this is progress somehow

>white nationalist
YOU HEAR THAT GUYS WHITE NATIONALISTS THINK IT SO YOU SHOULD JUST DISREGARD IT

For ~10 years after apatheid ended the economy and living standards of SA increased, now the one party state has started going down the Rhodesia/Zimbabwe path, corruption and taking farmland from people that actually know what they're doing it and giving it to political friends has greatly decreased the quality of life in SA.

Even now, nearly all of the successful South Africans are Indians or whites.

This is an objective fact and squealing about white nationalists isn't going to change that.

>1904
21% white
>1960
19% white
>today
8% white

I strongly suspect that the initial upturn after the end of the Apartheid is connected to the lifting of sanctions and a stronger influence of the former white elites. Once the ANC really took hold shit started hitting the fan. The recent electoral successes of opposition parties give me some hope that the corruption can be kept in check but i honestly doubt that SA is going to go be a slightly better Zimbabwe at some point in the future.

The more regressive iterations of the ANC must have been soul crushing to the whites who went into the whole thing earnestly.

>South African president is a rapist who sings about killing people with machine guns while on trial
You tell me.

South Africa was doing pretty good after Apartheid ended, it's only when they elected Jacob Zuma started getting political power.

Yes.

I would kinda like to see a little Dutch area on the western coast of South Africa, where the Afrikaners are most common, like a Dutch version of French Guiana.
You know? Move the blacks in the area out, and the whites throughout the country in, then build a fucking huge wall.
What would you think?

I think so too. A lot of Whites had high hopes and the very moderate approach towards race relations in the beginning was actually promising.

Make no mistake Apartheid SA was an authoritarian shithole. I think apart from moral concerns a lot of people hoped for a liberalization of society (and for a lifting of the sanctions ofc).

The more regressive iterations of the ANC that seem to be in charge now are endagering that hope.

>what is the lifting of sanctions
>what are new technologies
>implying the old elites/adminstration weren't partly responsible for the economic upturn after the end of the apartheid

It really not that easy.

I think Zuma honestly only is a logical reaction. The blacks were promised equal standards of living an when that failed to materialize for the foreseeable future something like Zuma was bound to happen.

>le poverty meme
The reason black countries are hellholes is because the human population are mostly deranged psychotic retards who cant function in civilization, if niggers were just dumb and poor their crime rates would be monumentally lower.

it didn't start to post ww2

go watch their recent parliament sessions and you tell me how sucessful it was

i'm not saying that Apartheid was a good thing, just that right now SA is an embarrassing shithole

No.

How are you quantifying your rubric for success?

why is he wearing skinny jeans

foreigner living in SA.
Zuma is running on fumes on the WE WUZ LIBERATORS AND SHEIT while the ANC voter share keeps going down because of his hilarious amounts of corruption.
SA was an embarrassing shithole before apartheid ended,