Why shouldn't I be proud of my people's previous imperialist successes...

Why shouldn't I be proud of my people's previous imperialist successes? How did we reach the point where I have to apologize for it constantly and hate myself?

You had nothing to do with former imperial success, you merely reap the benefits today. You dont have to apolagise for it but you have no right to celebrate it either

If you want to take responsibility for all the positive things your ancestors have done, then you must also do the same for all the negative ones.

> How did we reach the point where I have to apologize for it constantly and hate myself?
Sure you do bud.

>How did we reach the point where I have to apologize for it constantly and hate myself?

What are you? A Fritz?

>I have to apologize for it constantly

I'm betting you have literally never had to apologize for it.

but surely if he comes from a culture that achieved such imperialistic successes he might have inherited some of their more productive attitudes

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. If he did, he would have his own accomplishments.

Shh, don't ruin the /pol/tards persecution complex.

No not really. That's actually quite presumptuous of you.

Productive people form productive cultures who go on to dominate the world. I'm sorry your ancestors spent 20 centuries gathering coconuts and sitting in the sun. Mine didn't, and I'm proud of them. Because I'm am extension of them.

What? Do the imperial success police come to your house and force you to apologise?

What a worthless, self-pitying bullshit-merchant you are.

>cherry pick all the good stuff
>ignore and excuse away all the bad shit

Take it all or take none.

>my people
>previous imperialist success

Nationalism is the low form of identity politics. You adopt nationalism when you have no other achievement to surpass it. Worse is the claimant of past generation of people's success as your own. When nationalism doesn't work for current year, you look to the long dead past to dig up some sort of noteworthy success to add to your identity.

Whatever you say bro!

>>poltards complain about minorities developing a victim complex and using it to justify nationalist pride
>Are first in line for the collectivism meme so they can get their Pepe branded victim card and goostepping boots instead of being stalwart individualists

I'm just gonna have to sit on this fence hard enough that centrism has its own corner to stand in

He's right though. Nationalism is identity politics. It's the assignment of value to the individual by attributing said value to a collective in which the individual belongs and is christened with tribal worth that extends back in history.

tl:dr Nationalism when applied to the individual = WEWUZ

"My people's"

Who? White people? The idea of a white race is fairly recent, what constitutes it is historically conditioned, and there has never been anything like a unified, singular "white nation"

If you've actually achieved something in your life, good for you, and don't give your ancestors all the credit. ;)

>White pride is bad
>but black pride is okay
Why are leftypol such cucks?

Subhumans from leftypol want to turn Veeky Forums into an SJW safespace

you should do neither

only what you achieve will matter in the end, everything else is just an attempt of depicting yourself better than you are.
That'd be literal KANGS talk

He never said either of those things

He never said that you intellectual cockroach.

Imagine being so triggered you have to brigade other boards to push your narrative. Is this the normal day in the life of a /pol/cuck or do you have some blacked webms or ms paint comics you need to post as well.

Because our leaders are a bunch of leftie faggots.

Are you implying "subhumans from leftypol" on a Cambodian comic site are literally forcing OP to apologise for imperial success?

Or do you not have a clue what point you are even trying to make?

You should. the current totalitarianism demands self loathing and values weakness. Transcend it.

Aww, the leftypol shill is triggered that someone caught "him" :(

Stop having these victim complexes jesus christ. No one said black pride is okay.

Falling victim to identity politics is just pathetic.

Thanks for the reply stormcuck, you're totally not triggered. Keep going though.

It's just sad that you imagine that anyone that remotely challenges your worldview is part of some conspiracy formed on some minor forum that I would never have even heard of if it wasn't for the likes of you.

It's pitiful really.

Calling someone leftypol is more a statement on their ideology than an actual accusation of browsing /leftypol/.

>I'm not the triggered one, you are!
Sure thing, SJW

>Falling victim to identity politics is just pathetic.
All politics are identity politics marxcuck

Why do you come here. Honestly. Why can't you just stay on /pol/. And don't give me that "oh I'm just doing it ironically" excuse. Why are you seriously here.

Veeky Forums isn't your safespace, leftypol

That's still extremely silly.

I'm moderate, reasonable centre-right and have been accused of being a gommie or leftypol dozens of times on Veeky Forums.

Newsflash son, everyone that doesn't agree with every piece of ranty bullshit and Hitler worship you come out with isn't a blue haired feminist Maoist.

>Why shouldn't I be proud of my people's previous imperialist successes?
Why should you even be proud of someone else's achievement?

How can someone legitimately pride himself for something he hasn't even done himself?

Maybe their ansesdors sbeak thru dem :DD

You and few people are descended from the great conquerors and innovators of history. Most civilizations have been about a few strongmen pushing around a bunch of peons to do their bidding and is still so today.
It helps not to rub such a legacy in the face of people who are less fortunate because doing so would just be indulgent self-gratification and for you reactionary and right wing types, very unchristian or pagan.

WE WUZZERS are common among low IQ people.

>the only kind of pride that exists is personal pride

Africans and Muslims from more successful tribes constantly boast their triumphs over less successful tribes and I don't see you applauding them rather you try to undercut them through your own imperialism.
You imperialists are the rapefugee niggers of mankind.

There's no real reason to feel pride that some people part of your nation 200 years ago shot a couple some spear chuckers, poo in loos or whatever while most of your ancestors, unless you happen to come from well off lineage, were probably working under shitty conditions and had limited rights as human beings.

I think nationalism is essentially a natural and good thing. But not when it's about misplaced pride or chauvinism (though the banter can be fun).

Because you aren't responsible for those deeds. You can only be proud of your own achievements. Otherwise, you're just a leech living off other people's successes.

I guess Paris Hilton has some of the productive qualities of Conrad Hilton. Oh wait...

Why?

I am always told that people with superior abilities had a privileged upbringing.

I am then told I shouldn't expect people with a privileged upbringing to be more likely to have superior abilities.

This is all getting too abstract. It is obvious that if you want to collect ideas and attitudes that will help you make your first million before 30 your first choice would be to look at successful individuals rather than cultures, which we can all agree on. Unfortunately doing so results in a long list of smug looking Anglo-Saxons, a smattering of European and East Asian entrepreneurs and scientists and a few Arabs. You can argue that looking into the wondrous moccasin crafting skills of the Cheyenne is worthwhile as kind of experiment to see if anything useful might exist beyond the ruthless pragmatism of The Anglo, but this is still going to be very low down on your list if you are honest with yourself, you would definitely gain more by reading about Fusakichi Omori or some Arab chemist, themselves from imperialistic, militaristic and/or capitalist societies.

It helps to be part of such a society which embued you with general knowledge of it and perhaps a few echos from the days of old.

Also we rely in part on faith in other people's ideas, like faith in a doctor's expertise. Imperialistic successes are evidence at least that it is worth sticking to such ideas.

>And that's why Caligula, Nero, and Commidus were great emperors.

Commodus*

Modesty is a virtue. And you ever have that annoying cousin or uncle, who despite their significant shortcomings is insufferably proud of muh culture and heritage, even though they are a fucking embarrassment to your family? This might be you. I have no idea if you are but a modest person does not brag to other people about what their ancestors or people did. I fucking hate people like that. Their own personal accomplishments is so obviously at odds with their statements; its embarrassing to see someone so deluded.

I agree that there are some cultures who thrive better in this post-Industrial era because they have traits more suitable to the current global political and economic system than others. I belong to such a culture myself. I also hate American niggers for letting themselves get beat down by the white man for 400 years instead of doing something about it. I've got better things to do than to mentally masturbate and stroke my ego, though. Anyone who wastes the time to do so obviously comes off as petty and arrogant.

>Man, I sure am a great person thanks to people over a century ago slaughtering a bunch of natives then planting a flag on land they no longer control.
>I think I'll celebrate by posting on a website for Australian music videos.

I'm not disputing that OP exists and prides himself on someone else's achievement.

I'm saying that it's not legitimate.

>One nationalism revolves around justify being a welfare dependent.
>The other nationalism revolves around being proud of substantive historical achievements.

Gee, I wonder where /pol/ gets it's racist attitude from.

>live in the same neighborhoods, cash the same welfare checks, do the same savage shit as the people they hate
>claim to be the superior people

Lol at the Cletuses that LARP as some Mayflower niggas

so much crap in such a small post

>Because I'm am extension of them.
>this is what collectivists actually believe
BAHAHAHAHA

>White race is recent
1795 Naturalization act fag

>Says this shit
>Probably also thinks /pol/ is some boogeyman
Faggot

/pol/ is for politics, Veeky Forums is for history. That is why he is here, fag.

>you ever have that annoying cousin or uncle, who despite their significant shortcomings is insufferably proud of muh culture and heritage, even though they are a fucking embarrassment to your family
hmm, not really

Pride motivates you to accomplish things, you have to live up to your name and do what you have been taught. Though your heritage is mostly irrelevant nowadays.

You faggots need to stay on your containment board or go to some other site. I'm sick of retarded fascist larpers shitting up the board and archiving all the interesting threads with eternal Anglo and race bait threads. You all haven't an inkling of history and humanities, which would be fine if you tried to learn. Instead, you spout garbage non-facts to try to shape reality around your ideology. /pol/ toads are so intellectually bankrupt it disgusts me. Until the day I leave this Cambodian comic website I will continue to say:

/POL/ GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm posting this every day in a /pol/ thread on Veeky Forums until you fuck off.

Aww, the little anti white leftist shill wants his safespace :(

>its LARPing of its white people
>its totally justified of its non whites
Why does Leftypol hate white people?

Because if you built the biggwst hotel you pride yourself on you also have to be responsible for its sudden collspse and the mass liss of lofe

Lolo no.
See British steel workers.

>I also hate American niggers for letting themselves get beat down by the white man for 400 years instead of doing something about it.

Are you stupid?

>anyone that doesn't agree with me is a shill

Nigga what the hell is he doing on this site just jerking off rather than going out and living up to that name?

Hate to tell you this but for a lot of those people that sense of pride and accomplishment is all they need, having pride in the actions of people in the past is basically wanting all of the glory but none of the hard work.

who are you quoting?

Because you took no part in it.

>he might have inherited some of their more productive attitudes
Nah, apart from british north america most colonials were of stock as low as those they colonized. Anyone who mattered stayed in the homeland.

Leftypol

Pride is a feeling. Like love, it has a purpose. You're supposed to care and take of the things that make you feel good. If you take pride in your ancestror's successes, you must be held accountable by the same standards. What are you doing with your life? Is it as glorious as conquering the world? And so forth.

Asian here, can people describe relation of individual and their ancestor in West society? I thought it were similar but I think not now

In asia relation with ancestor is responsibility: to carry on family name / tradition / not be the shame of them / pray for them
I thought it were the same but people here said its about claiming achievement, which one is true?

Because it's pathetic to associate your accomplishments with people who you never knew in a time period that you weren't even born in to experience.

>I have to apologize and constantly hate myself.

No, just don't be a faggot going around proclaiming WE WUZ EMPIRES N SHEIT

Nah senpai, that's just individualist cuckolds projecting their own insecurities about their pathetic lives onto people that want to live for something greater, as you do, my yellow friend.

By that I mean you want to live for something greater, not you are pathetic Asian-chan

/pol/ is for politics
You seem to have the misconception that /pol/ is synonymous with "Ideologies that I disagree with"
Thus, someone can be a fascist and still post about history. Also, blame "& Humanities", not /pol/

>Posting on a Vietnamese rice-farming forum and being succesful are mutually exclusive

No, that user was saying that OP is not doing what you say he is doing, and that he feels proud for his people like you might feel proud for a family member.
If you are proud of your people, that does not mean that you somehow think that you had a hand in events a hundred years ago, but rather that you recognize the uniqueness and success of your people and thus wish to propagate your people.

"& HUMANITIES" strikes again.

>that sense of pride and accomplishment is all they need
I highly doubt pride is the source of their ineptitude, but it is certainly a source of motivation. Even your cousin or uncle and the 450 lb neckbeards of Veeky Forums are better off with pride because then at least they glorify real life accomplishment instead of some other distraction like anime. They may waddle outside and try to do the same.

This phenomena is more observable on smaller scales. Often family fortunes are squandered in 3 generations but sometimes they stave off the decadence and become "old money". Others pass on useful knowledge and attitudes and steadily accumulate capital.

Whether they adopt those productive attitudes instead of strike and cause problems is up to them of course.

They learned lessons from their betters and the trials of colonization.

>tl:dr Nationalism when applied to the individual = WEWUZ

No it doesn't you bloody leftist, stop misusing memes. If nationalism applied to the individual = WEWUZ, you are essentially claiming that African Americans actually are descendants of ancient Egyptians.

The whole point of the WEWUZ meme is that they WEREN'T yet claim to be.
So fuck off you rootless cosmopolitan with no sense of national pride.

>British steel industry collapses under the weight of lazy spongers the moment it gets taken over by Marxist labor unions with no sense of racial, ethnic, or national pride

Pure coincidence of course!

There was a tinman, a dog, a lion and a girl with red ruby slippers, it seems they are missing a stawman who lacks a brain.