How do you call this tactical maneuver?

how do you call this tactical maneuver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I22xdJgraZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I believe Sun Tzu mentioed it alongside the tactical bear airdrop

christ i'm glad i never watched these movies

the first one is actually really good, the second one is pretty mediocre, the third is legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen

does this shit really happens in the book

also post more

>does this shit really happens in the book

No. The battle is described only in very general terms. There is no "action."

there are a couple of neat moments in amongst all the embarrassing crap

>the first one is actually really good

No it isn't. It manages to completely miss the fucking point of a children's book, and has all these ridiculously cartoony action sequences with the 13 badass dwarves and their cartoon-slapstick fu.

The first one is shit, the second one is a steaming pile of maggot infested shit, and the third one is unwatchable.

FUCK ELVES

DID SOMEBODY SAY ELVES

look at 3 of the greatest empire case studies of all time

mongols: excelled through promotion of ranks based on skill and merit alone, contra to traditional bloodline ranks
greeks: individual core centre of their state ideology and philosophy, excelled as such in battles, being repetitively more skillful then their contemporaries (literally as far as the worlds end)
america: founded on individualism, written into lore, ingrained in its incipients

>Die on the spears of your own allies
or
>Die outnumbered and alone because you ran in front of the line.

Why was it not cool enough to have the orcs get rekt by the allied formation. Or have the elves hammer on the dwarven anvil

Countercharge

Am I supposed to not be able to hear what the narrator is saying?

just download/pirate/watch the entire movie
i have no idea i put a music overlay of my own on over its sound anyway
noob

'how not to counter charge'

'elves commit suicide'

seriously though the elves would have been more useful either taking the flanks and enveloping the oncoming horde or holding bac as a reserve and countercharging any breakthrough in the line, if they absolutely had to do that stupid ass charge over the tops of the allied dwarfs thing they should have at least waited until just after the orc charge hit and had its momentum broken on the dwarf shield wall, the dwarfs honestly looked to be in no immediate danger of having their shield wall breached

The O'l Shield Line Swordsman Vault, works every time.

Your daily reminder that a middle-aged college professor has a better grasp on medieval tactics than all of Hollywood combined.

As opposed to the shit of OP's pic, in the books, they actually have a real plan.

> the humans, the smallest contingent of the 3 by a good deal, lure in the goblins to a valley by their apparent weakness, trusting on poor goblin discipline to attack something that looks vulnerable no matter how dumb an idea it is.
>Dwarves and Elves wait on the spurs of the mountain in the red circles and crush the gobbs between them.

>First one good
>Bombur in the barrels on river scene
Hell no

Yes.

Makes sense

I had forgotten how fucked up the Hobbit FILMS (fucking three films!!!!!) were

its called suicide

Yeah Tolkien was in the trenches and drew maps so be probably inevitably dabbles in tactics at some point

I feel like it was made for the 14 year old Call of Duty audience. Hopefully it didn't ruin the chances of someone else picking it up and doing it right.

The Romans actually did that vs the gauls

Name of film?

the animated film from the 70s? did it just fine

>Cat smaug
>entire arkenstone plot is excised which completely fucks thorin and bilbo's character development
>Thranduil and the wood-elves look like fucking keeblers
>Gandalf makes the smug little LoTR reference at the end which completely breaks the plotline of LoTR (WHY THE FUCK WOULD GANDALF JUST LET BILBO KEEP THE RING IF HE KNEW IT WAS THE RING?!?!)

You can gripe all you like about some design elements, but it's a faithful adaption that's fun, and captures fully the spirit of the book.

Wouldn't the elves be trapped in between a rock and a hard place? No wiggle room, just pinned up against the dwarven spearline? Pointy back poke poke

>Wouldn't the elves be trapped in between a rock and a hard place? No wiggle room, just pinned up against the dwarven spearline? Pointy back poke poke
yeah hence it being catergorised as 'stupid ass' its lie the least sensible thing they could do in that situation.

waiting until the charge had hit and been stopped would have been a better way to pull that move, but as I said not doing it at all would be better still

Something something, literally just Cannae but with mountains, cough cough.

>it's a faithful adaption
only a few scenes

Zhukov-phalanx

>the third
only two webms are posted

Holy fuck my sides

that was the second one dummy