What are the coolest polytheistic mythologies?

What are the coolest polytheistic mythologies?

Aztec

Aztec, Egyptian, and Greek.
Greek is god-tier, great mythology.

Hinduism

>Dude gods turn into women and have sex with Huemac who kills himself after sacrificing his children and losing his power.
Uhhhhhh

Chinese mythology is baller as fuck

Love reading about the Xian adventures

>egypt is fifth
>fifth

Delete this

what book is this friend

Mayan.

If only because they have Ixtab, the goddess of hanging yourself.

Hinduism is pretty neat. They definitely have the coolest looking gods.

I find it wierd how the age of mythology depiction of zeus is one of the only ones you ever see

What other version of Zeus is there? Basically all the classic art shows him like that as an older muscular man man with a beard and long hair.

>not praying to baby Zues

The art is very good, aom poseidon image was in im on a boat clip.

aom seriously had good art. time tested

What is with south america and their obsession with thicc throughout all of recorded history.

Toltec myths are influenced by the Huastec sexual perception. Really interesting considering how modest were the Aztecs.

Thicc is perfection

Another question is why is he always portrayed in modern art as having white hair?
The Greeks seemed to have depicted him with dark hair, plus he's he youngest of the original Olympians in Hesiod's system.

Catholicism.
I can't get enough of worshiping Mary and the Saints.

as a greco-romanaboo this triggers the shit out of me. he's supposed to look virile and powerful

Currencies exchange

All of them

>The fact that he engaged in such activity with male gods would not seem particularly problematic either, as those gods had turned themselves into women,

fuck even aztec's had the whole

>traps aren't gay
>it's not gay if it's a feminine penis

thing going for themselves

Islam.

Any cool Hinduism mythology?

>this is why women with big asses are so common on brazillian tv

>you will never go around officially measuring women's butts, using your hands because that's the metric your boss/the local ruler works with

Except it's hardly politheistic...
Being those who you call "Gods" the different Avatars of a single being.

>Huemac then had sex with these sorceresses

I fukken kek'd

I know this is a joke cause of how hardcore Islam is about monotheism (to them, Christianity is polytheistic for having a trinity)
but it's not like God and his word are the only supernatural thing in Islamic culture

Jinn are interesting/kinda freaky. Basically spirits that can haunt places, possess people, occupy objects and do magic (i.e. a genie)

How does polytheism work? Do I behead a goat for each greek god or what?

But jinns are not divine, only god is divine.

Beyond the obvious Egyptian, Greek and Norse,
Japanese gods are pretty cool, and I've always found Hinduism kind of fascinating because it's still going strong. The Aztecs were pretty nifty as well, and some of the Pagan gods of England and Ireland were kind of interesting.

I love Ireland's lore. There are so many good Irish legends, and there's also a rich Irish pantheon. It's unfortunate it goes vastly ignored save by Druidic Pagans such as myself.

>tfw no one to celebrate the Spring Equinox with

Epic, for the win, bro

That's Odin though innit

Thracian mythology

Christianity

>measuring ass width by handspans

This makes total sense to me.

Yoruba orisha are pretty cool. Eshu Elegba is basically a shiva-hermes

Overwatch get out

Dunno, in which ones don't they fuck anything that moves?

Hey /v/. Naming that bitch Shard of Consciousness was fucking retarded.

What each God wants varies, and it varies by the time of year.

You don't even have to sacrifice to all of the gods, or even care about all of them. A man who lives inland and doesn't engage in metalsmithing wouldn't offer substantial worship to Poseidon and Hephaestus for example.

Is it wrist to fingers, or just sides of the palm? Because the first way is super fucking thicc but the second way is more manageable.

>too thin for his taste

The druids were all killed in a single battle. You're not a druid, you're a modernist pretender who has no idea how druidism works because there are hardly any written records of them.

how is this even a question?

"Handspan - the maximum distance between the tips of the thumb and little finger, taken as the basis of a measurement equal to 9 inches."

Basiclly 4 handspans in big enough for two hands to cup each asscheek.

No love for Shinto? I get that it's a clusterfuck with a gorillion kami for every fucking thing and is barely codified, but the stories of Amaterasu, Susanoo and the others are cool.

Norse mythology definitely

The Norsemen were inferior to the Greeks but their mythology was top-notch.

>Thracian mythology
I must ask: why? Because there aren't that many information, it seems.

Norse

Aztec hands down

>Born prematurely by his will to hunt down all his 400 (infinite) brothers (emotions) before they hunted him
>Moves the sun across the cosmos and binds it with other ages using his sword, the snake of fire and beauty
>The warriors who were sacrificed to him are his bodyguards and army in his daily battle against the other stars and the night

Easily.
I like to think the Aztecs were some kind of alternative-history China. Ironworking is never developed and the aesthetics of the Shang dynasty are continued to the point of a weird bloodthirsty rococo.

Norse myths usually have some humor to spice the stories up.
Like when Thor had to crossdress as Freya to have a fake marriage with a giant and get his stolen hammer back. There's even a prototype of Little Red Riding Hood squeezed in.

>Thrym, the lord of giants, said, "Have you ever seen a bride eat and drink so heartily?"
>The maid-servant wisely answered thus: "Freyja was so eager to come to Jotunheim that she has eaten nothing for eight nights."
>Thrym stooped beneath his bride's veil, wanting to kiss her, then jumped back the whole length of the hall. "Why are Freyja's eyes so fearful?" he said. "I think that fire is flaming from her eyes."
>The maid-servant wisely answered the giant thus: "Freyja was so eager to come to Jotunheim that she has not slept for eight nights."

>There are so many good Irish legends, and there's also a rich Irish pantheon
elaborate pls

Because white hair is equated with wisdom and power in our Christian western culture. Same reason why Jehova is always portrayed with white hair.

Gnosticism, mostly because Yaldabaoth is fun to say.

Shinto is based as fuck but beyond Amaterasu it doesn't have a well known pantheon of deities to worship. I personally like that kind of localism but it kinda ruins easy access for someone living outside of Japan, thinking about it wouldn't you have to "create" new local kami for the region?
That and the old deification of the emperors and association with Japanese militarism/nationalism keep most people away

What is your favorite god of each religion guys?

I like Artemis. Also Tezcatlipoca gets a mention for turning into a woman and fucking a king, ruining his life and kingdom just for shits and gigs.

Dildoniism posits that each of The Amazing Dildoni's five testicles is a separate God with a seperate will to fuck bitches in a different kind of way.

>South America
The Nahuas/Aztecs/Mexicas were located in Mexico though.

>brazil
>aztecs

Aztec are not polytheistic. Pantheism is more appropriate. And even then they weren't very theistic.

Zeus Ktesios

snek zeus

He eats the rats in your storeroom and slows the rot of perishables.

There is a Panhellenic Zeus and there are local Zeuses. The Panhellenic Zeus was still interpreted differently based upon region. Greek myth, despite what you might think, has no canon and the myth itself does not really have to correspond at all with the religious practices. Athena was worshiped in Athens as a virginal woman that embodied crafts and civilization which were integral to their economy, not as a war goddess. On the other hand, some places worshipped her, or even Artemis (Sparta and some other place), as a war goddess.

Common depictions are based upon the most popular forms of myth. Rome and Greece for example share the same gods in a literary sense, but Jove and Zeus were not worshiped in similar ways, nor did any one city/town/whatever worship each in precisely the same way as another.

Religious pluralism is nothing new.
>dark on light pottery
>'omg his hair is dark wtf'
They had to differentiate it from his skin somehow.
Henotheism. It depends on what you want, what your job is, what city you live in, and so on depending on the times.

Goats are pretty common because nobody wants a male kid, but they're honestly more of a cheap sacrifice. Big sacrifices are bulls, cows, horses, etc. The sort of thing not every shepherd can afford to kill (a male kid will grow up competing with the other males, and when it grows its horns it will be an extreme threat, I'm pretty sure the Greeks only sacrificed an adult male when it got too old to breed, and would have probably been killed by the new male anyway).

We do the same with chickens, for example. And, most veal and lamb is from a male of the species for similar reasons.

Ramayana and Mahabharata, maybe?

UNDER THE SWORD! CHRISTIANITY IS THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION!

>maid-servant
I think that Loki had more fun in this cross-dressing escapade than Thor had.

>Rome and Greece for example share the same gods in a literary sense, but Jove and Zeus were not worshiped in similar ways, nor did any one city/town/whatever worship each in precisely the same way as another.
Probably the biggest difference between Greek and Roman pantheon is Ares and Mars. Mars could easily be completely different god (personally, I like to think that Mars is Roman equivalent of Pallas, Titan of War, given how Romans still holds other gods identified with Greek Titans with esteem, like Saturn).

Not quite.

Hinduism is an amalgam of different beliefs.

Some hindus may believe in different avatars. Others believe in many gods. Others believe there are no gods, and its all part of a cosmic monist idea. Etc

Except for the myth of Osiris we don't actually know much about Egyptian mythos. That's a shame.

Finnish

Ukko, Tapio, Ahti, the list can go on..

>They had to differentiate it from his skin somehow.
Except there are plenty of red figure vase paintings showing light colored hair. They were perfectly willing and able to do so when required.
Zeus was dark-haired.

Sure, it's just not as simple as black hair equates to black hair. It could be any range from brown to dark grey to fucking blue.

get your naturo shit outta here weeb

>Hating on taruno on a malaysian traditional cooking website

I'd go with Sumerian pantheon.

>Zeus was dark-haired.
A YO
HOL UP

Greek mythologies are the only real interesting ones.
Norse gods were all just proud warrior dudes who lived to fight and were super manly and did manly things because they were men.
We don't know much about South American religions comparatively
Egyptian pantheons were ridiculously fractured and constantly changing, every fucking Pharaoh switched it up and demoted one God or promoted another, struck one from history or made up one from thin air, proclaimed that he was to be worshipped as a God rather than the descendant of Gods, and every fucking village of over 20 had their own version of it the mythologies and pantheon
And I just find all far eastern religious traditions uninteresting, not sure why.

best heresy desu those chr- I mean cathars will never know

Naruto is still pretty shit anime tbqhwy.

Wrong.

Not an argument

>Norse gods were all just proud warrior dudes who lived to fight and were super manly and did manly things because they were men.
More like a bunch of cucks, crossdressers and furries.

>arguments are good cuz i sed so

I agree tbqhwytherem80

just like modern nordics

Gotta agree with this user. Lots of these ass backwards pagan shits did crazy stuff like sacrifice animals and people.

Modern reenactments just focus on dancing around a tree and being one with nature. Its entirely made up.

Slavic mythology is the fucking best.

I've always found Sumerian/Mesopotamian religion intriguing and interesting

*teleports with a big ass in front of you*

psst nothing personnel, king.

upvote.