Why did he quit again?

Why did he quit again?

Other urls found in this thread:

gloria.tv/article/DbyFpcQKRK7i4jp3sei1peUS8
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3663733/Francis-honors-Benedict-says-retirement-Franciscan.html
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/03/25/benedict-xvi-is-frail-but-perfectly-lucid-says-vatican-spokesman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

senile

Because he didn't want to be Pope if he was senile or disabled: in short, he thought he was too old for the job.
>inb4 ridiculous conspiracy theories

According to PBS frontline, he had an inquiry started in 2012 to determine the number of pedophiles believed to still be in the church.

He received the numbers in December of that year, and then announced his resignation next February.

Literally too pooped to Pope.

too good for this world

based Pope Emeritus

People around him noticed he was starting to lose it from being too old so he stepped down.

He was forced down, obviously.

This.

He was one of the closest associates of John Paul II and didn't want to end up like him in his final years.

forced to step down by the gay mafia dominating the upper hierarchy of the Church

He didn't want to catch pneumonia.

>He didn't want to catch pedophilia.

ftfy

>catholicism was a mistake
T. Pope benedict

Pretty sure he already had that. You don't get to #1 Pedophile in the largest pedophile club in the world by accident.

Westworld and HBO could only afford him for one season

Jesuits blackmailed him

...and installed their own black pope, against the charter of their own Order.

Fun Fact: Benedict is now the Head of the Office of the Inquisition.

Notice how nobody ever talks about Pope John Paul I dying in like 30 days in office? Then cremated before an autopsy could have been performed?

Underrated post

He was going to expose Catholic pizzagate, Cardinals forced him out.

Like he wasn't in on it

He was leader of the US government?

25 year rule. But this is relevant. gloria.tv/article/DbyFpcQKRK7i4jp3sei1peUS8

>& humanities

This is talking about why a public figures quite his position within the past 25 years.

If you wanted to discuss the theological significance of a Pope stepping down that'd be humanities. However why Benedict stepped down isn't humanities

>catholics getting upset a pope is gettinger closer to the actual teachings of jesus

Casue they wanted a cool pope.

>actual teaching of Jesus

Yes that's it, let it flow.

This is where I remind everyone that the Church is older than the Bible, and in fact the Church is the institution that put the Bible together.

Wasn't he the master of the Inquisition before becoming pope, too? Lot of good that did. Not one heretic was burned during his tenure.

Well he certainly wouldn't have been white, he never said anything on the topics of homosexuality or abortion or race mixing but he was very clear that people of other cultures should be accepted, and he advocated redistributing wealth from the rich to the poor. In fact advocating is kind of a weak word for it, he told rich people they needed to do it to go to heaven.

So in some cases this is accurate, and where it isn't explicitly there's certainly no basis among his teachings for Christians to insist race mixing, immigration and abortion are wrong.

>resigns in 2013 because of mental health
>still very much alive in 2017
>still very much "lucid" and doing meet and greets
HMMMM....REALLY EULOGISES MY EUCHARISTI

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3663733/Francis-honors-Benedict-says-retirement-Franciscan.html

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/03/25/benedict-xvi-is-frail-but-perfectly-lucid-says-vatican-spokesman/

I can tell by a few of the pixels

>Pope
>Autopsy
HAHAHAHA

>but he was very clear that people of other cultures should be accepted
Tell me exactly where.

Not him, but perhaps:

Romans 15:7 “Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.”

He means welcoming in Christ to the church. That has nothing to do with other cultures and is calling for conformity if anything.

>he certainly wouldn't have been white,
Really? He quite likely was White depending on how you define it.

>he certainly wouldn't have been white
>LE NO WHITE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE EAST MAYMAY
kys my dude

Do you know how many fukken stairs there are in the Catholic world?

He made the smart choice and got out without a public fall