/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

BIOTECH TO THE MOON edition

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Previous thread: Cryptoshills let us have our safe space please.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/6ii8sl/rad_dd_on_humana_situation/
wzzm13.com/mb/news/michigan-scraps-straits-of-mackinac-oil-pipeline-safety-study-after-conflict-discovered/450997718
fortune.com/2016/01/25/elon-musk-oil-prices-electric-cars/
investors.com/news/technology/why-weibo-parent-sina-are-tumbling-in-early-trading/
streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=13034794
investorplace.com/2017/06/3-stocks-to-watch-on-thursday-oracle-corporation-orcl-weibo-corp-adr-wb-and-steelcase-inc-scs/#.WUu-EMspDqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for shills

The only biotech I'm holding long is SGYP which was already approved a while ago. not sure if this will be good or bad.

Second for thrills

I like looking at the picture of the lady :3

>DCTH

its happening

What is the stock equivalent of ethereum? What is the biggest meme?

TSLA

SPY

Reminder to buy airlines when oil is tanking.

ALK
HA
to the SKYYYYYYYY

Anticipation +10%-15% ALK, +20-25% HA

Dcth

Stay tuned for the new meme once it crashes

LTBR

I'm not sure if the trend is going to continue with algos tinkering with penny stocks, but $MARA is looking pretty low and beaten down. $DXTR is getting beaten down today.

I want to get out of day trading lads, this shit is maddening

>APVO

OTC play
RSII

>DCTH

the dream is dead

time to buy

good time to buy MYO.

the magic 8 ball doesnt lie and has never let me down.

GWR

up $80 from cvm+ today and up $150 from amd

DCTH PH commencing now

Ty AMD
Ty CARA
Ty MU

why?

its an undervalued railroad owner and i just bought 100 shares.

wew DCTH about to go red on the day

>buy DXTR at .29 hoping for a few pennies in gainz
>immediately goes to .31
>bleeds for the rest of the day
>Sold AMD yesterday at 12.70
why do I live

You better not be yanking my chain. If I lose more than 2% I will be homeless.

im there with you bro i'm down 500 shekels today. and it doesnt look like my bags will get lighter anytime soon. already starting to tie the rope to end all ropes.

what's your average? I still have enough buying power to average down but if this fucker shits down under .20 I'm going to start day drinking.

If you dont need the money anytime soon, drop it in AMZN and leave it for a few years.

Didn't think someone would actually listen to me on here.

GAHC took a fucking beating today. Might be time to re-enter already.

Forgot my trip.

oh no i meant im down 500 today not from dxtr but from being retarded and investing in the energy sector. i dotn trade meme stocks because im marked as pdt so i cant risk bag holding even tho im still a bag holder.

I have shares of Amazon and Alphabet (Class A) in my TD Ameritrade account I bought a few months ago

Also I called $MARA earlier wooo

I was in on DXTR at .2095 brah. Sold at .245... wish I hodl'd longer but it's better than the alternative.

Rule 3: do not buy at all time highs.
Rule 4: don't be greedy. Take your gain and get out before the cliff.

Literally?

reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/6ii8sl/rad_dd_on_humana_situation/
For those who haven't heard or have been scoping out the $RAD deal. The FTC is short staffed right now and has one Republican, and one Democrat (Mcsweeny) the Democrat has been trying to sink the Walgreens-Rite-Aid merger. She is attempting one last ditch attempt by demanding documents from Humana. The link above does a pretty good breakdown of what that issue is and how Humana is more or less telling her to fuck off.
RAD is increasingly looking like a go. It'll jump from whatever the current price is to 6.50. The FTC requires unanimous decision to block this and it's likely that it will go down via party lines and go through.
If you are willing to risk some capital you may end up doubling it with RAD.

what inspired you to buy it at .2095? I was trying (and failing) to ride the trend wave since I watched DCTH go to the moon and the entire time though "god this is too high it can't still go up".

Veeky Forums combined with careful research and graph-watching. And luck I guess. It was getting tons of hype on stocktwats and other normie thumping grounds, lots of buy-ins. You can buy what is being currently hyped so long as you sell before the lemmings do. Just need to beat the masses, take your gains and get the fuck out before the cliff.

Ok what's the top meme tomorrow? I've got a flight need something to hold til Friday

I have $1K to drop into some stocks, I'd like to make it into at least $10K or more by December. Is this possible? What stocks should I look at?

This guy.....

So it's not possible?

its not easy

Buy bitbean

Just double your money 4x, easy peasy

Definitely $ARWR, going to moon after subcutaneous delivery gets through phase 1

>zero brokerage trading finally coming to my country
>us market opens at 11pm and closes at 6am or thereabouts
>i have a job
Just fuck my trades up.

Looks like I'll be making a lot of limit and stop orders.

I'll get 100 shares then

Very smart, joining RNAi masterrace

Went all in on NAK at 1.54, target for tomorrow is an exit at 1.60 if it pumps in the morning.

RIP DCTH. We hardly knew ye.

it's still .28 after hours same as DXTR. it's either hope for tomorrow or the last chance to get off the volcano

IMO I think it is dead for a week or two. Time for shorts.

today's huge spikers near the close will gather more attention: $MARA $ITKG $AMDA $RLOG

Don't forget we are trading people.

I think it's done. It barely broke .3 today then steadily went down. Unless they release news tonight expect a huge sell off.

because when you invest in fitbit... you don't actually own the stock.
you own credits robinhood gives you to represent that stock..
so when you lose 25% on fitbit... robinhood just takes it... not the fucking market.

what

Fuck off cryptoshill this is RGT we don't want your kind here

it's really fighting after hours. I'm stuck with it until premarket anyway so I'm going to hope for the best. if I open my phone and it's down $.05 I'll buy more for the dead cat bounce. for some reason it's trading sympathetically to DCTH so we'll see

Good luck bro

For CATB user, I noticed it was just another day in the channel.

thank you. it's entirely a coinflip between making a few hundred bux or immediately losing a few hundred bux with very little chance of recovery short term if it goes to shit

What the fuck happened with DRYS?
I think I lost all my money, Robincuck won't even let me sell my shares, I took a 90% loss.

This is like COSI all over again

>DRYS
PEOPLE
NEVER
LEARN

also I had 95 shares and now It only shows I have 19 Shares after the Reverse Split.
What happened to the rest of my stocks?
I paid $11 a share for these months ago, fuck me I'm ruined

Christ, man, I want to feel bad but I can't.
DRYS had like a cumulative 1 for 50000 in reverse splits last FY iirc.
They reverse split like every month.

Do your due diligence next time. Holding a bunch of $DRYS is like cooking a grenade.

What does pic related mean though?
What am I waiting 2-4 weeks for?
Also why do I only have 19 shares now, instead of my 95?

>Pic related

Holy shit I'm screencapping this

They're trying to make their books look less ugly, basically. Because it's a 1 for 5 split (95รท5=19) once everything is settled you'll have 19 shares. Ostensibly they'd be worth the same amount but the market doesn't tend to like reverse splits especially when it's a shaky company like DRYS.
The 2-4 weeks is all regulatory stuff that's behind the scenes.
Google is your friend.

thanks user, you simplified it for me and now I understand.

No souci, my dude.
I strongly suggest going through Investopedia's 'investing 101' pages before you burn yourself though.

Yeah I'm definitely gonna do my homework before I fuck my shit up again

Still room to make babygains if it holds this pattern. The weekly range might shift downward to a 1.25-1.30-ish range within a couple of weeks, if I had to take a guess based on what I've seen it do.

If CATB falls into the 1.1Xs I might just park in it, set a 7-10% profit limit sell, and just let it sit a few days hoping for a minor catalyst/SeekingAlpha shoutout to make it have a pop.

You got me interested. I think I'll try to get in tomorrow at 1.30 and see what happens. I wonder what that strange high volume action down at 1.26 was today, though.

$AMRS will run soon....

Clockwork.

AMD

the major goal of oil producers at the moment i think is to drive smaller companies into bankruptcy so that the larger players can monopolize on oil more with less competition and have the chance to buy producing assets out of bankruptcy for pennies on the dollar. trading divisions at major oil companies make more at this price of oil then actually getting oil out of the ground makes.

Do you guys fucking learn or what?

I used to browse /rhg/ when I was a complete noob last year and always got interested in the shilled $imnp $drys $amrs $gevo $mgt

One year later and I come back and the same fucking stocks are shilled. Does nobody here learn? $dcth what the fuck is that shit?

Stop trying to fucking daytrade garbage and just invest for fucks sake. You will lose all your money if you dont.

$amd was the only meme stock here that ever actually was legit. Dont fucking ever buy a stock posted here. Ever.

Fucking learn instead of being the leach that buys at the very top of a sketchy pharma company up 25% then posting crying memes when it crashes. I dont understand, do you want to throw away money?

Dunno about anyone else, but I have 90% of my portfolio into long term dividend yadda yadda.
The rest I dick around with penny stocks.
Sometimes you make a good bet, sometimes you don't.
I won't disagree that a lot of /rhg/ and Veeky Forums in general are snipe chasing morons.

commodities are trading at around the same price that they were when the earths population was 5,485,115,276. how much has the production of commodities increased or how much better has the process of commodity production gotten in those 25 years which has caused prices to not increase? how does one find the answer to these questions?

You'll be doing a lot of reading charts.
Some of the stuff isn't going to be available, so you're going to be doing some number juggling on Y1 production vs cost and Y2 production vs cost.
I haven't done that sort of stuff since e high-school, so I don't really remember.

you can say that prices of goods have increased in those 25 years but i believe thats due more to the massive increase in the amount of dollars that are circulating in the not actually due to an increase in the price of commodities. are commodities significantly undervalued at this price? i think so.

>tfw almost free of these AMD bags

It's been a long 4 months

Anyone holding Enbridge or anything with exposure?
Sorry for the shitty local news link, didn't search any farther.

wzzm13.com/mb/news/michigan-scraps-straits-of-mackinac-oil-pipeline-safety-study-after-conflict-discovered/450997718

If you had dropped the bags, could you have made it up a lot faster?

I made the same mistake with oil at $60.

Tried to link my Wells Fargo account to the application and never received a confirmation code. Now it says to go to the bank website to confirm code. How do I do this?

No, I was down over a $1,000 at one point.

>tesla has been going up relentlessly even as oil prices have been dropping relentlessly. what did (((they))) mean by this? fortune.com/2016/01/25/elon-musk-oil-prices-electric-cars/

Early morning bump :)

Buy JD

Chinese love tech shit

Commies...

investors.com/news/technology/why-weibo-parent-sina-are-tumbling-in-early-trading/

streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=13034794

investorplace.com/2017/06/3-stocks-to-watch-on-thursday-oracle-corporation-orcl-weibo-corp-adr-wb-and-steelcase-inc-scs/#.WUu-EMspDqA

DXTR is on short restriction today. there was enough dumping and consolidation yesterday that it has a legit chance of a run to at least $0.37-40

although chinese companies are real the chinese will never acknowledge that any foreign investors have any type of controlling interest in any of there companies. they are the greediest people on this planet. although some of them may act like they are happy to have foreign investment they are only happy because they view investments from foreigners as some type of charity for the chinese people. also china is a massive shit hole.

MARA

Not sure if I'm big on Oracle.

Yeah it's great for them that they had a beat but those liabilities are just stacking up. One thing to note is that they've been buying back shares, which at least means they're bullish on their future.

Anyone want financials or fundamentals posted for their ticker of choice?

NAK is on sale, jump in grab your 20% and get out.

I was in DXTR at .23, held for weeks, sold it at .32. Then yesterday bought a larger position at .28 but panicked and sold when it fell to from .29 to .25 in like 5 minutes. I made my gains and lost them, I only have +10$ from dxtr. And today is finally the day it pops. I got the best of both worlds, both the agonizing over being long and watching it fall more every day and missing the moon mission, and have only $10 to show for it