Let's discuss the future of crypto

>Transactions scale with value of coin, making it very expensive just to move money between your own accounts if the coin gets high
>The blockchain is incredibly slow, with the only 'speedy' ones being so because of under-use or proprietary technology (Digusign)
>Just a small event with less than 10k people participating is enough to make the whole system unsable
>People see any future in this

I'm grateful to coins for making me 5x of my initial investment, but let's be realistic here.
Does crypto have ANY future unless someone discovers a new tech capable of solving these problems?
Crypto is still so small, and yet, with 90% of the users being esoteric losers, and with the remaining 10% being whales, EVERY crypto shits the bed every time more than 10 people at once try to use it

It simply cannot work in a mainstream context

What is the future of crypto if it can't solve these very elementary problems?
Segwit and lightning aren't the answers, they only make the problem worse in a way since they'll encourage even more transactions being made.

Is there even ANYONE who has even STARTED working on anything in this aspect?

nobody cares about this thread sadly

Veeky Forums doesn't actually care about crypto they just want a nice daily pump and dump coin to shill.

>Does crypto have ANY future unless someone discovers a new tech capable of solving these problems?

>serious-ish answer
We are still at that stage where the internet was where if you wanted to send
say x.GB of data from the UK to Australia it would be easier to send a USB or physical data by mail.
but now it's more profitable/cheaper/free to transfer data in a practical timeframe,

Same problem with crypto.
Such a small amount of users for crypto compared to fiat, to send a huge amount of money across the world is still easier with fiat than crypto.

>Pic related.
I'm hoping lightning network will solve this to some extent.

>It simply cannot work in a mainstream context
Not in its current state, give it some time and corporations and nations will develop all the necessary groundwork to fuck normies in the ass at every step while they enjoy it throughly, we are still on an early stage where big industries are still getting a feel for it

> they only make the problem worse in a way since they'll encourage even more transactions being made.
State channel networks aren't perfect but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying?

>Is there even ANYONE who has even STARTED working on anything in this aspect?
Yes? There's lots of proposed (non)solutions, I can't even keep track of all the new projects anymore and this is like a part-time job for me.

But transfer speed only makes things worse I think.
Even with sub-1s transfer speeds, a network is still going to malfunction if you try to send several thousands at the same time, while a typical fiat currency handles several BILLION transactions every single second we're speaking.

I know what you're saying with the whole "It's still in its infancy" stage, but having a market cap in the trillions feels incredibly dangerous. The fucking INTERNET as a whole didn't have a cap this high even at the peak of its bubble, and people are saying we're not even in the bubble YET?

While we have absolutely no way of handling any kind of high traffic?

The problem is that as thing stand now it's not just a matter of just lettin the 'big boys' do it, where a bigger server just equals better service.
The base tech of the blockchain itself simply cannot work for mainstream audiences, as things stand now.

Someone has to come up with new tech, like DGB did for Digusign, or LTC for Lightning, but instead of focusing on speed, it has to focus on transactions processed per second.

There is an altcoin whose project solves all the issues you are adressing, but I wont point you in their direction :^)

>or proprietary technology (Digusign)
???
More info on this?

There is no coin on the market, at the moment, who has even implied that they're going to work on the problem of tx/block limit.
Please take your shilling for your shitcoin elsewhere, I'm trying to make a serious thread here.

It's DGB's transfer algorithm, you must've noticed how fast it is (even faster than Segwit LTC) if you've ever moved DGB.
Unfortunately the coin has been memed into death, and now Digusign is in disgrace despite being arguably the best transfer system ever developed in the entire crypto market

>Someone has to come up with new tech, like DGB did for Digusign, or LTC for Lightning, but instead of focusing on speed, it has to focus on transactions processed per second.

But go ahead, POSW retard and other fudders, go on.

widespread adoption
simplicity
monacoin is future

>transaction.png
How long until we get to billions of transactions per year though?
What if the devs die by then, seems like i wont be alive to use any gains

Why do you treat me with hostility even after I've even bothered to mention DGB in the list of notable coins, at the risk of shitposters just memeing my thread to death?
And besides, you seriously can't be thinking that 280k transactions per second is enough IN TWENTY YEARS, right?

That project feels like too little too late

Please fuck off with your PnD

I wasn't even talking to you. You're right that it got memed into oblivion on here at least. It's disgusting in general the amount of FUD this project has received.

>There is no coin on the market, at the moment, who has even implied that they're going to work on the problem of tx/block limit.
Please take your shilling for your shitcoin elsewhere, I'm trying to make a serious thread here.

lmao
Lets see if some other anons know what Im talking about :^)

Cryptos future is extremely bright.

Plenty of issues are keeping a lot of people from investing. These issues cannot last forever or there will be no future, the developers know this.

Too many people have already made far too much for this to die completely. They will want more money. Humanity as a whole is greedy, crypto will only be improved for monetary gains, not for crypto holders, ultimately. It will recieve the upgrades it needs and people will continue to make massive gains time and time again.

Best strategy, buy and hold.

>There is no coin on the market, at the moment, who has even implied that they're going to work on the problem of tx/block limit.
So you don't know shit about altcoins? There are some coins that are trying to solve this problem. Including the 2nd biggest crypto. The Ethereum devs are researching PoS and sharding, which would dramatically improve transaction speeds and costs (it's in the research phase, few years away). You really don't know anything.

I would guess you're thinking of IOTA. If I'm correct, then you should stop being so smug, because they only promised those things, they don't have them yet. They have serious technological problems to solve to do what they promise. They're not in a better spot than normal blockchain coins.

Being able to store 10 million dollars in your head by remenbering a seed and bringing it with you or moving it wherever you want to within an hour doesn't sound like a big enough value proposition to you OP?

:^)

What's stopping banks from doing this you utter fucking nonce

>IOTA

lel, no (^:

xtz

Who knows, but banks aren't doing this and aren't planning to.

xrb

BitShares claims to handle 100,000 tx per second. They certainly have very high daily volume in the crypto world, and there's no report of network congestion.

Iota and Byteball should theorically be able to handle as many transactions as the network needs through their DAG.

Good luck moving 10mil $ through any banking system without major fees and the taxman watering his mouth. But you seem to not want to see the obvious upsides of crypto...

Cacaperro has 2MB block size for 3 minutes blocks and it's brand new, also almost 2 millions over a total of 8 millions in 13 years are premined for easy gains for those who get in early
Get your CACAs now

>market cap in the trillions

The total market cap of all cryptocurrencies taken together is just over $100 billion