ETH stop losses btfo

>mfw I see newfags telling people to set stop losses for things like ETH

ETH just dipped down to $13 and back up to $299 in a span of about 20 seconds

Now do you see why we don't set up stop losses?

Or even worse: margin trading. You're just asking to lose absolutely everything.

This is how they will learn.

Just remember, that was one person who crashed the market. Imagine what will happen when multiple people want to cash out.

where'd that happen? which exchange?

>

>that was one person
It was probably an ICO holder.

But more realistically, it wasn't one person but everyone's stop losses.

A bunch of stop losses triggering at the same time would have caused that.

Newfags don't realize that these things flash to $10 sometimes so they set stop losses at $100 or $150 thinking they're safe. Whales scoop it up. I love this market.

>coinbase

wow whales actually use that POS?

Did everyone's stop loss get triggered though? I'm pretty sure they didnt

$7 per ETH next year.

>Did everyone's stop loss get triggered though?
It went down to like $10 lol for fuck's sake YES anyone who had a stop loss had it triggered.

lol this is not worring you? eth is over it had a double tap and free fall form now on. but i would not say this under a normal day. but shit bee broken for 2 days and there billions of dollars tied to eth on other coins. all the coins going to shit the bed. bitcoin and RDD is going to go so high. all this money from eth has to go somewhere. and it will be bitcoin lighcoin. and RDD is the alt coin not tied to eth shit coin

shit drops to nothing in secounds. still looking for them gains? the only reason its still high is people with bag. once they start to freak out its going to 1 dollar and pretty quick. im glad this ico crap is over.

The best part is that there are people that only check once a day - people are bleeding dry right now and have no idea. Lol

hodl for 10 years before you sell

if i need advice on how to shit on a street, i'll be sure to ask you.

What happens when the chinks wake up and see this?

Moon rocket back up to $400 within 48 hours

It was some dumb rich fuck who fat fingered a sell at 13 bucks which triggered everything else.

Someone did a market order to sell 100k at once and triggered every single limit buy in the order book (including 10 cents). This happened on gdax.

Maybe it was biz?

Veeky Forums doesn't have 100000 ETH

Whey triggered limits and margin calls by pushing eth too hard

>mfw shillfags dont understand those orders will be reversed
>like they always do
>always
>do

can someone explain to me why coinbase always seems to crash when there is a big dip and recover then their is no longer a dip?

maybe because their weak network can't deal with all transactions
maybe because they want to take profit out of it, somehow
maybe because they know that if they don't crash their website, weak hands will crash the market instead

how does that happen?

like, If I just sell 0.00001 eth for 1 dollar, will that fuck the price all the way to 1 dollar and trigger all the stop losses?

What's wrong with margin trading?

No, you have to sell 100000 ETH for 1 dollar, all the way down through the order book.

No, you moron. You have to clear the whole order book.

This exact scenario.

The guy had a long on ETH on margin. Mass sell in one minute caused so many stop losses to trigger that his position got closed for him. He's now liquidated.

Who cares about weak hand crashing markets this all them trying to make money.Aswell as preventing cash outs. They dont have the money for massive cash outs this literally a bank holiday cause they cannot deal with bank runs

how the fuck is this called, is there a finance term for this that is explained fully in investopedia or something like that? im new to trading and want to understand wtf happened in layman's terms.

In other fields we call this a chain reaction

I'd never do a stop loss and I'd never do a stop limit in crypto. Insanity.

flash crash.
Sudden supply spike

Where are you guys seeing $13? $277.22 is the lowest price I see