>Sovietboo

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_city-states
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_European_scientists
medievalages.net/2013/10/medieval-europe-population-and-demography/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intellectuals_of_the_Enlightenment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_scientists
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol the Renaissance is the shittest period in Western history. The entire philosophy behind it is completely pathetic.

You fell for the thread literally designed to cause arguments

Crucify yourself

Joke's on you, arguments is what I'm here for. The fuck you even think this board is for?

You put the same option in Good and Bottom tho

Philosophy is a meme overrated field.

Fine then. Which arguments behind the Renaissance do you find to be pathetic? That we should use our fucking heads and think?

For the greatest minds of our generation to use all the world's knowledge available at our fingertips to re-analyze the history of human presence on Earth and reach new hitherto impossible understandings of our existence.

You fucking mong

Findiesiecleboo here. Where do I fit?

>Byzantineboo
Why are there so many Byzaboos on this board? Is it because it's the less well-known retarded brother of the real Rome?

Except that's not even close to the philosophy behind the Renaissance. The philosophy behind the Renaissance is that we should throw away everything that defines the West and start cosplaying as ancient Romans, because muh shitalian heritage wewuz Caesars n shiet.

Your attempts at trolling are really weak. Come on user. It's not that difficult to properly imitate some butthurt Christfag.

Something something Christianity

I accept your surrender despite your pathetic attempt at saving face.

Truly magnanimous

>God tier
>>Renaissanceboo

*tips laurels*

Shit thread and op is a faggot
Sage

Muh greece was so relevant historically they deserve more than being so irrelevant now, turks don't deserve to inhabit such a butifel country also muh constantinople
>Sovietboo
It's called tankie friend. And yes, imo the dissolution of the Soviet Union was a mistake but the fall of communism wasn't.

>no medievalboo
mfw

But we're all weeaboos user

this
FUCK SOCRATF AND FUCK SMART PEOPLE

>>Grecoindianboo
That is a thing? Count me in, then.

>It's called tankie friend
t. Leninboo

Back to your mudhut, snownigger.

>muh shitalian heritage wewuz Caesars n shiet

Where is/was the Vatican based again? Who created ROMAN Catholicism?

>Grecoindianboo

Yeah, why enjoy well-documented, historically relevant Greeks when you can masturbate over a few ruins and unproven theories over how the Greek-Indian master race taught Indians how to make Buddhas.

France did.

Celtaboo, vikingaboo and mediterraneanboo here. Literally the two polar opposites of old barbarianism and modern refinement, both wondrous exampels of which to enjoy the aestethics. Fight me.

Kill yourself.

French were barbarian niggers during the Middle Ages. They don't have any philosopher as great as Thomas Aquinas.

lmao, look up where Thomas Aquinas studied and did all his work Luigi.

Hint: it wasn't fucking shitaly

Dude, Thomas Aquinas is the poor man's Peter Abelard, and he studied and wrote at the University of Paris.

Sorry but medieval Italy was a backwater shithole, France was where it was at.

>>AustriaHungaryboo
Cuck tier

You forgot to add Veniceboo to God tier

S E R E N I S S I M A

Doesn't change that the fact that the three most important philosophers of the Middle Ages weren't frogs:

>John Duns
>William of Ockham
>Thomas Aquinas

Paris was richer and more developed at the time, so that's where some of the scholars went to study. Doesn't mean shit.

The celts aren't that bad. They're rather interesting for a bronze age and Iron Age civilization.

This

>the fact that France was the heart of all Western culture and science as well as the richest and most developed country where Italian niggers had to immigrate to in order to acquire some knowledge doesn't mean shit

lmao

Peter Abelard is by far the most important medieval philosopher, and there are dozens of other French ones on the same level as the ones you listed.

>richest and most developed country

Just Paris you faggot. The rest of France was an irrelevant shithole. The Italian city-states were way more wealthy and developed than the rest of Europe: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_city-states

>Between the 12th and 13th centuries, Italy was vastly different from feudal Europe north of the Alps. The Peninsula was a melange of political and cultural elements, not a unified state.

>By the 13th century, northern and central Italy had become the most literate society in the world. More than one third of the male population could read in the vernacular (an unprecedented rate since the decline of the Western Roman Empire), as could a small but significant proportion of women.

>It is estimated that the per capita income of northern Italy nearly tripled from the 11th century to the 15th century. This was a highly mobile, demographically expanding society, fueled by the rapidly expanding Renaissance commerce.

>In the 14th century, just as the Italian Renaissance was beginning, Italy was the economic capital of Western Europe

Italy only became relevant once France was taken down by the Hundred Years War and the Plague.

And what did shitalians do with their half hour of relevance? Create an "intellectual" movement based entirely on being buttblasted at France and which set back scientific progress by 300 years. Thank God France eclipsed Italy again in the early 1600s and we returned to the path of progress.

>The renaissance setback scientific progress by 300 years
An I reading this correctly?

Yes?

>there are people on Veeky Forums who still don't know this

>set back scientific progress by 300 years

Are you really this fucking retarded? There's a very little amount of medieval European scientists. The Renaissance from 1450-1600 completely eclipses this pathetic list: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_European_scientists

Notice that like almost half of them are mudslimes and there are much less figures from France than from Italy.

You're a small fry.

>this level of pop history retardedness

The entire foundation of modern physics and mathematics dates from the 14th century. Everything that Galileo wrote about physics was discovered at that time.

Meanwhile Renaissance "scientists" did nothing except translate ancient books and reject all medieval advancements because they dared contradict Aristotle. This period of reactionary obscurantism only ended when Galileo rediscovered medieval science, and people like Descartes and Francis Bacon reformulated medieval philosophy.

Can you even name one relevant Renaissance scientist?

Leonardo da Vinci

>The entire foundation of modern physics and mathematics dates from the 14th century

Yes. Close to the time of the Renaissance. What about the rest of the Middle Ages that didn't produce anything of relevance?

The 14th century in France (and England) is the Middle Ages and has nothing to do with the Italian Renaissance.

>Galileo rediscovered Medieval science.
>Scientists rejected findings because they contradicted Aristoteles.

Excuse me, what? Would you kindly explain to me how, say, the basics of our understanding of pressure fit within a Artistotelian framework (Torricelli)?

>ignoring the Italian figures from the Late Middle Ages

Why are you so biased you frog nigger?

>Constantinus Africanus
>Mondino de Liuzzi
>Guido da Vigevano
>Trotula
>Rogerius
>Giovanni Dondi dell'Orologio
>Jacopo Dondi dell'Orologio
>Jordanus de Nemore
>Theodoric Borgognoni
>William of Saliceto
>Guido of Arezzo
>Leonardo Fibonacci
>Dante Alighieri
>Thomas Aquinas

Where's ameriboo
Where's israeliboo
Where's plain weeb

What are you even trying to say? Aristotlean thermodynamics are completely wrong and were disproved in the 17th century, after the Renaissance had ended. Torricelli also lived in the 17th century.

>I know how to copypaste a bunch of random names
That's nice.

>butthurt because you can't list even 1/3 of that for France

muh Peter Abelard lmao

I'm pretty sure he would be able to list a dozen random French names m8.

Castillianboo>everything else

These aren't random names I listed. They are taken from: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_European_scientists and I added some other figures along with them that I consider important. What's the point of listing some faggot irrelevant monk?

Nobody cares about your phonebook of shitalian literally whos m8.

Keep being buttdevastated, frog. Italy BTFOs France at accomplishments per capita since France was always the most populous country of Western Europe.

>France was always the most populous country of Western Europe
That's because shitaly was never a country lmao

I think you should be a little more grateful to France for bringing you civilization and creating your country.

That doesn't matter. The Italian peninsula is a real geographic location.

Everyone agrees that the unification was a mistake. Italian history past that point is nothing but shame. Fuck France.

What about Dominaboo (Late Roman Empire-philes for you barbarians)?

The point is Italy was almost as populated as France throughout history, and yet according to your own graph is barely half as relevant.

Italian history at any point in time is nothing but shame m8.

No
>incaboo
>mayaboo
>aztecboo
>iroquoisboo
>puebloboo
>tlingitboo

shame on you

medievalages.net/2013/10/medieval-europe-population-and-demography/

>France 1340 AD: 19 million
>Italy 1340 AD: 10 million
>France 1450 AD: 12 million
>Italy 1450 AD: 7.3 million

You will never get close to the Med master race. Forget it. You're just a pseudo-Latin barbarian.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck I hadn't looked at the pic, you actually shooped it to make Italy look less pathetic

Now that's just sad

oh shit nigger

I didn't shoop anything. I saved this pic from /pol/. What if it's yours that's shooped?

I have the book you double nigger.

In any case, an Italian was butthurt and insecure enough to actually shoop this in an effort to make Italy seem less irrelevant.

>S E R E N I S S I M A

Italy is not irrelevant even if we take this one as fact. It's still inside the European Core.

Show the map distributing the figures by region now. It's probably different from mine.

Nope those are the same. You don't really think a lazy Luigi would have gone through the trouble of shooping that too do you.

Show me.

Those could be just two different editions of the book. Italy is not the only thing that's different. Belgium is above Spain in mine.

AustriaHungaryboo is below naziboo

It's not two different editions you knob, those are the exact same scan but for the shoop:

And where's the rest of the scan of the other one?

I already told you the other pages are the same as in the shooped collage you posted.

Where do Bavariaboos stand in the rankings?

So many wrong things in this post.
I think I'm gonna go back to my Greek literature book.
Greece>>>AustriaHungary

Wait no that's another shoop made to troll frogs.

>Byzaboo
>Bottom of the Barrel
Why? They survived longer than the actual Roman Empire, made sure Christianity survived in the east, and protected Islam from expanding into Europe for centuries. The Patriarch of Rome's treachery is the reason why Europe they fell.

Can you just fucking post the map of the figures from the pdf version of the book to compare already? Why would someone shoop that? Seems stupid. Putting Belgium above Spain and augmenting Italy's accomplishments for no reason?

being a byzaboo on Veeky Forums is pleb tier because it's mainstream. It's babby's first esothic empire of admiration

Fuck's sake, happy?

Augmenting Italy is pretty fucking obvious. No clue why Luigi switched Belgium and Spain though, maybe in a feeble attempt at plausible deniability or something.

fornicating with a heifer

All -boos are fine. Enjoy whatever you like.

Alright so, 1400-1600 looks the same, but the rest is clearly different. There are almost no figures from 1600-1800 compared to the other one. Anyone who has done some basic research of that period knows this is bullshit. Italy produced quite a few important figures during the Age of Enlightenment and stuff:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intellectuals_of_the_Enlightenment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_scientists

Case closed. They're different versions.

This is unironically the only good response in this thread. Fuck all of you for even suggesting in jest that people having a favourite historical civilisation are plebs.

>tfw Israeliboo

Where am I?

This is now a Manachem Begin thread

They're exactly the same except for your pathetic shoop you desperate faggot. Why do you insist on dragging out your humiliation like this, I'm starting to get contact embarrassment.

lol Italy was an irrelevant piece of shit during the Enlightenment, and you posted the same maps he did.

They are not. I'll compare them side by side for you to see. They're fucking different versions. He fucked up by not including a shitton of figures from Italy. That's a fact.

>Cesare Beccaria
>Ruggiero Giuseppe Boscovich
>Luigi Galvani
>Antonio Genovesi
>Giuseppe Lodovico Lagrangia
>Giacomo Leopardi
>Francesco Mario Pagano
>Giambattista Vico
>irrelevant

Kys snownigger.

>He fucked up by not including a shitton of figures from Italy

he was pretty harsh on spain as well. the author is a filthy perfidious *nglo after all. there's no way we don't have a little more figures than that. northern europeans have inferiority complex towards meds because they wouldn't be shit without them.

I'm a Saracenboo what am I

No one outside of shitaly has ever heard of any of those irrelevant Fagotto Fagottinis, and those maps are exactly the same how fucking blind are you? You just didn't put them in the same order for some reason.

Are all shitalians this retarded and deluded?

I have found my calling

this