LITECOIN APPRECIATION THREAD

Honestly, what a coin.

I posted my love for LTC on Veeky Forums when ETH was mooning hard in May and you all laughed at me.

WELL YOU'RE NOT LAUGHING NOW ARE YOU

Great price, copy of BTC technology, faster transactions.

And look at that price stability.

Market volatility just doesn't touch this beauty.

I've rode out the last 3 dips by converting to LTC and my portfolio has grown every time.

I'm tempted to just bag hold LTC for a few months/years.

Charlie Lee, take me to the moon.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinfees.21.co/
blockstream.com/2017/05/11/lightning-on-litecoin.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm thinking about investing 10k into this? Am i stupid?

Charlie Lee has the key

Its in a dip right now it went to the ATH 2 days ago and has been very stable at $45 if you check the charts.
Today is the dip it's good if you manage to buy at 42ish

Dont mind me just posting litecoin memes

Where do we see this coin going over the next couple months?

Stay with the strong and stable gains

3 figures by the end of the year if your being very optimistic but realistically $50+

Is their a more efficient/cost effective method of buying LTC other than directly off coinbase?

As BTC grows the value of 1 satoshi rises, thus I think overtime LTC will replace BTC as the base coin that is used in exchanges.

Agreed. Picked up 200 LTC sub $30. Good times ahead for us lad. I remember shilling ETH here when it was $40 and Veeky Forums fucking laughed at me. Who's laughing now niggers? LTC will break $100 by the end of this year.

why do you think that?

>saving cointelegraph's awful drawings

Why would anyone think this coin will replace BTC once segwit gets activated...

Because it's in greater supply, hence lower value.

BTC will be your savings account, LTC will be your current (checking) account.

Accept this, it will be a fact.

It has never been meant to replace it bruh. It's meant to function along with it.

Will litecoin's price still rise after bitcoin moves to segwit2x?

Why wouldn't it? Altcoins even without segwit still rise with along with bitcoin, and litecoin is the king of alts

OP, why do you work so hard to keep the "OP is a faggot" meme alive?
You don't hold just one coin, you don't pledge allegiance to any one coin. Do you bow and follow USD or EURO or whatever fiat money as a fucking cult? Obviously not. Then why the fuck are you doing it with crypto?
Fuck that. Diversify. Prepare for those times that shit will hit the fan and never ever suck any coin dev dick because this is an every man for himself market.

While I agree with your premise, there are people that act that way towards btc. It is the one and only. Their precious.

bought litecoin at $45 on saturday

hasn't arrived in coinbase yet..

it's at $42.

lost money so far :/

Pls let it rise to $48+ so i can cash out next week and be done with crypto once and for all..

so tired of all the whales and mind games
should have never invested

No, it will crater

you're a fucking moron

crypto isn't physical, you don't have the problem of gold where you need to transact in quantities that are impractically small, BTC would need a marketcap of 20 Trillion for 1sat to even be worth 1cent

Hodl senpai, 45 to 42 is nothing compared to dips all the other coins are seeing. Ltc has proved its more stable than the rest

>Still has to compare Crypto to FIAT to understand how it may be used as a means of exchange

>Still presents the 'muhhh not physical' argument

Yeah look enjoy watching your worthless paper stacks depreciate Goyim, I'm sure you have loads of Gold and Swiss Francs down in your parent's basement.

Are you literally retarded? You're the one using physical analogies to argue for LTC

The reality is LTC has no use after SegWit+LN, being cheaper has no advantage for highly divisible digital assets

I somehow managed to move bigly out of ETH and into LTC a few days ago, just in the nick of time. Enjoying the current movement after an exhausting day. Almost shat myself watching ETH even though I'm not holding.

I referred to BTC as savings and LTC as checking account, you're the window licker who complained that 1 SAT doesn't equal 1 cent.

Also, who says either BTC or LTC has a "use" now?

Right now BTC is more widely accepted but LTC will catch up once BTC forks. (It will fork, the Chinese are too stubborn to allow SegWit and LN)

Once mainstream adoption takes place people will prefer use LTC for daily transactions.

You're forgetting about transaction fees. There is always a cost of maintaining the network. The more expensive the coin, the more expensive the transaction fees.

bitcoinfees.21.co/

>For the median transaction size of 226 bytes, this results in a fee of 0.0009492 BTC

>The reality is LTC has no use after SegWit+LN, being cheaper has no advantage for highly divisible digital assets

Wrong. If both coins are equal in software, the one that is valued less has lower transaction fees. So still holds. If every BTC transaction is expensive, you will only do big transactions with it and use LTC for day-to-day transactions.

>0.0009492 BTC
This is literally $2.52 for the median transaction as of now.
>BTC would need a marketcap of 20 Trillion for 1sat to even be worth 1cent
If 1 sat = 1 cent, it means the median BTC transaction fee would be $940.92

Hopefully this clears up how a coin increasing in value too much will force people into other coins.

I thought being cheaper and faster was one of the main problems with bitcoins scaling right now?

I know it's not just me that doesn't want to keep paying 5 dollar fees.

Litecoin will probably always have a place in crypto but right now I am seeing it as a sort of test net for features that will probably be added to bitcoin later on. So in this case the fact that it is fundamentally very similar to bitcoin is an advantage imo.

litecoin.mit.edu
We have a launch date boys, its time to buy

Litecoin will be 100 neetbucks by start of 2018

>litecoin.mit.edu
What the fuck is this?

Might as well be the Apollo 11 launch date, you have a little over a month to stock up

Stop fucking shilling and give me a goddamn answer, I already own a bunch of LTC, I dont need your memes I need information

If anyone knew, they'd be saying something, retard. It's a countdown on the MIT site.

Probably just a partnership with MIT, still its gonna be the first spike, then by next year it should be close to current eth prices

Im guessing its a release date for lightening network? Charlie made a post today on twitter linking to a yours.org article that was behind a 10 cent paywall which you had to pay with litecoin. The part you could see before the pay wall said "I have recently come across litecoins killer app" behind the pay wall it say "you are using it right now : P"

So I think he's probably referring to lightening and microtransactions? we will see I guess

Well it says it was released under the MIT/X11 software license, I guess they are involved again and releasing something

Do they not have it already?

blockstream.com/2017/05/11/lightning-on-litecoin.html

I dont think their implementation of lightening is available to the general public.

I'm not sure how it is supposed to work exactly. Is it going to be a separate App or will it be integrated into existing litecoin wallets? etc...?