Technical Analysis

Hey Veeky Forums.

I was on here yesterday in a few threads giving TA to a few folks on things they were looking at.

I do this for a living so if I get a lot of questions about different things I will be answering them in the order that they tip one of the below addresses.

BTC: 1EyNfT1CZzaynAbqwB6L5tkY6NcWowvc5K

ETH: 0xC7523721BEEF45ae945C45656FE5c160F54ACA47

LTC: LREDUWmtjKrpiVtkuxprZWMNCkD6owYKMU

If it stays relatively tame I can answer without any need to tip.
I am just going to try to give some depth to the analysis today and explain the reasoning, which will take a lot more time than the analysis I was giving yesterday.

Stay on the topic of cryptocurrencies so that I dont need to change between setups, that would just take a lot of time.

and with that, feel free to ask away.

Other urls found in this thread:

krb-sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=1051554&PartnerId=30030&SiteId=5798
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BTC, LTC or ETH?

What the fuck is ANS doing

have any predictions/notions for july-september?

beggar

go shitpost on /int/ pajeet

TA is voodoo nonsense and a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BTC seems to have a progressively higher bottom than previous lows. This means that every period of fluctuation within the past few days has been marked by the market wanted to buy in at a higher and higher price as their "low"

On its own its a good signal that we might form a decent pattern into tomorrow, and the volume only enhances that possibility. Don't invest now, but certainly look for some tell tale signs of a breakout. When a breakout happens the market will most likely test resistance which means you will have 2 shots to enter in without losing much in the way of potential gains.

LTC is a tough call as it could be forming a head and shoulders (bad sign) but it might also just be the point where the market tests the recent growth. This means they will let it fall a bit to find out where the consensus lies in terms of potential value of the coin. If it falls below .0125 Sats dont enter the market at that time.

ETH is testing the last breakout at .1132 Sats. Its clear from the volume and the bullish engulfing signal that it is just following its traditional pattern, and indeed if you look at the essential movement it is almost perfectly in line with the last few periods before ETH experienced large increases.

If you look at the 2h chart you get the best idea of a signal from ANS. It is most likely forming a cup which is a bullish sign. the time to buy depends on if this is just a cup or whats called a cup and handle. the handle refers to a period just after the cup where the market tests to see how "true" the cup was and is shown by a decline at around 45 degrees before jumping up around halfway down the depth of the cup.
If I turn this into number for you look at buy in points around .00431 Sats or .00369 if it does in fact display the handle. Expect the Max at this rise to hit somewhere around .0052 before it dips again at which point another analysis is needed to determine future movement.

actually as I type this it looks like it may just be forming the cup with handle so keep an eye on it.

Reassuring me on ETH, I just started getting into TA a month ago and that's been the general observation. Bought like mad today, weekend's looking strong with news on the horizon.

This is what I TRULY want to know though:

just bought zcash hoping to rebound hard after today's eth crash

what am in for

Can I talk to you about a potential venture? I'm looking for someone with your skill set [email protected]

Have a specific coin in mind?
Its not easy to say because crypto moves much faster than stocks.
Where stocks can signal a 6 month period, crypto usually only signals for a week or so at max.
If you want to play it safe invest in coins that are looking somewhat promising and are not connected to the whole BTC fiasco.

Some I could suggest are MGO, MNE, SNM, RDD, XBY.

I mention these because they are all most likely below their natural floor, meaning even if they dont spike very high that you will still make a small amount of money or at the very least lose almost nothing at all.
In addition to this I say those with the thought you would be splitting a small investing portion into 5 or so smaller amounts which you would spread evenly. This maximizes your potential growth for a low risk option.
Never invest fully into coins that aren't essentially "bulletproof" at the time. Since this market is so volatile, investing in just one of these "safer" coins could end up losing you your investment.

good luck.

I'll shoot you an email.

I usually charge a decent amount for consolation in general but I will give you a quick once over with my thoughts at a glance for free.
I prefer helping people on here than rich shits who want to buy the last house they don't own along the lake.

Thanks

Another coin that has a good 2hr indicator.
The last drop you see there is forming a wedge. Although it is moving downward, it is displaying resistance and that is what is closing the wedge. These types of downward wedges signal a possible change at their point, and are generally why people draw "meme triangles" even though they dont know what they are doing. There are too many types of wedges to make assumptions based solely on the fact that there is one.
as for price increase, its definitely going to happen. You have a fully engulfing candle followed by what was a star, now turning into hopefully what is called "three knights" or "three white soldiers".
Along with the increase in volume and the MACD showing a positive w signal I would confidently invest in this.
Max price is harder to tell with this type of wedge but I would estimate around .167 is reasonable before it tests the market. when it tests it could come back up to a newer ATH, depending on the volume. At that time look for the "hanging man" signaled by a negative candle with all of its wick at the bottom. This signals a price drop usually and means you may wish to exit the market at that time.

Thoughts on Waves and Ripple?

What do you think of verge xvg?

Where is ETH going man? This is what i've drawn up

Any thoughts on WhiteCoin? Been slowly growing over the past month.

Please read the above post where I focused on ETH. Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have though about it.

I need to train myself to do candle stick patterns, shit makes no sense to me.

Hi my dude. I randomly found $1000 of Dogecoin that I mined back in 2014 so I've been playing around with it and turned it into $1500 (a little under .6 BTC). I sort of just throw it around and see what happens and dont take it too seriously. I recently threw all of it into LTC on the recent 11% dip. Do you feel like it's worth leaving there for several months? DESU my goal is to maximize returns and I have no issue with throwing my entire balance on a gamble, I just don't know if LTC is going to be the thing to double my initial $1000 find in any short amount of time. Thanks.

Can you give any reading suggestions for TA fundamentals?

Thoughts on XVG and ARK?

What about 1D, 3D, and 1W? Can't disregard the clear bear trends forming around those scales.

WAVES is currently doing what is called a "coil". These are not inherently good or bad and make it difficult to make a clean prediction.
During a period like this we watch diligently at the time that the coil closes to see what happens. If we have a candle that has a high that closes above about the point 1/6th of way back in the coil then we have a very good chance of breakout in a positive direction. If this happens do not invest heavily unless it is accompanied by a noticeable increase in volume.

XRP ripple just closed a period of testing the market with a sign that another period of consolidation may be on its way, generally followed by an upswing following the overall trend. watch for a W to be formed under the line for the MACD. When that happens you will want to watch very closely for a sign that ripple with surge again. This will probably (notice the probably) be shown as a wedge whose high points are all around the same point where the lows will slowly climb up to close the wedge. as always with wedges, the point of change is when it closes.

Thoughts on Ark and factom? Also. I've learned a bit about support and resistance but candles and other indicators are above my level. And other basics I can pick up easy?

Thanks for the analysis but I feel like I just wasted your time because I don't know what the fuck I just read.

With the exception of LTC, they are all following their general patterns very well with the exception that this period was shorter than the last. Not uncommon as prices continue a rise as people become more skittish.

Crypto also moves so quickly that the best analysis is unfortunately not done by looking at month long trends, and is usually decided by information out to about max of a week.
I say that because as somebody who gets paid to do this, I wouldnt get paid anymore if my calls did not benefit my clients overall, and long term predictors for crypto have a low reliance.

As far as LTC I ignore the larger trend almost completely as this may just be an example of the standard period for the coin, which may just be traditionally longer than the others. Also, the news coming up for august 1st has shifted the coins base value to those who do not hold it, meaning the market for it is currently in flux and wont be able to be accurately predicted on a larger scale for at least another week. In the case of LTC, short term signals are the only thing you can even remotely rely on, and they too may turn out to be inaccurate.

TA is a joke. Post your blockfolio to dispute this. Otherwise fuck off.

Never change biz, never change. How's your mom's basement?

xmr and dgb?

kek same wtf dumb it down for us neets

bro you just gotta look for the tripple whammy pawn rook setup under the median line until it coils into an ant then you can moon

Sorry, man.

A lot of the things I talk about I do so out of habit since I write a lot of letters and emails to different client bases.

Let me try to break it down so you can go back through and grab some useful caveats.

a coil is where the price is going up and down in a zig-zag. A wedge also follows this pattern, but usually waves are trending directionally (moving up a little or down a little), while coils move straight across.

by candle closing I mean just a candle. each candle represents a period of time, with the bottom being the opening if the candle is green, closing if red, and the top being the closing point if green, opening if red. It shows movement for that particular amount of time. What I meant was that if a green candles high point is higher than everything to the left of it until about 1/6th of the way through that wedge, we have a positive signal of buying pressure.

for ripple I actually talk about a wedge. in particular, it would be shown by all the highest points of the zig-zag being around the same price, while the lower points of the zig-zag are slowly closing in on those higher points. this is a massively bullish sign that the sell point has hit massive resistance but the buying point is malleable. When the zig-zags get so small that they stop, thats the breakout point.

whew... This is a lot more work than I thought lol. I will try to keep things a little more user friendly in the future responses.

Thanks for letting me know it was a bit barrier'd

>another period of consolidation

FUCK

WHY

I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE OF THIS CONSOLIDATING BULLSHIT

isn't that a scallop on XRP right now?

and how does doge look?

Ideas on BAT?

still cant. i hate being stupid, want to kill self

>over three decades since we got rid of this voodoo bullshit and got QA and predictive modelling in finance
>some autistic retards who watched too many old movies still think chart shape taxonomy holds any value at all
Why is this board so stuffed with absolute fucking cretins?

ffs

ta is astrology

I have potcoin and and bat because they had stable looking charts but they've been tanking today. What is your opinion?

now it all makes sense

Seeing ta in action is super entertaining to me. Don't know why?

I included an image for reference. I hope it helps the words make a bit more sense.

Alright lads, we are getting a little backed up now.
Or I should say I am.

So if you please, send a tip amount and mention in the thread what is was, and I will focus on your question first.

Otherwise I will try to get to them all if I can, with a focus on the more easily predicted options to up accuracy for everybody.

this

keep going OP this is fun

much better in a picture. thanks op il be watching waves

Guess you won't ever get a trading job at Shell without TA skills, dumbass.
krb-sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=1051554&PartnerId=30030&SiteId=5798
-----------------------------

Honestly man, select a random amount of fake starting money and use blockfolio to keep track of it. Then just practice. I learned almost everything I know from guys who have been doing it their whole lives. I may be quick at this (relatively) but those guys can look at a chart and instantly know whats happening with a pretty good accuracy of how it will turn out.

Its all about practice. Years of it.

Thanks you're a champ

how do you distinguish between the rising 3 methods and the 3 black crows?

please let me know when you get hired doing a TA job, k?

or maybe you can do what op is doing and bait retards on a sentinelese spear sharpening forum

Do you trade crypto professionally? I think that actually 1D charts along with 4H are the best for decision-making.

THE FUCKING LARPING LOL

Show some respect, son. You are in the presence of a cryptolord.

color tells you which it is. Knights or Crows.
Look for consistency in size, wick placement, and distance between.

I trade on occasion when I feel like it but I mainly do analysis for investors and companies. If I didnt have this job I might, but if I didnt have this job I wouldnt know all this.

Alright then,
I saw a few people as about ARK...
Using the 2hr chart we get what seems like a bearish channel. Since this is a bad sign and not the most reliable, I checked out the 4 and 6hr charts as well.
The 4hr chart shows that right before this period of long decline ARK seemed to be finding itself in a cup pattern, which is a good sign. Notice though, that the right side of the cup never met the left side. This is why you always wait on a cup for that confirmation before making a play.
Looking at the overall chart at 4hr it looks to be a loss of support wedge with 4 solid trend lines up top going consistently lower each time they return to a high point. Meanwhile the lows in this wedge remain around the same point, signaling that buyers do not find it worthwhile to enter the market at a price any higher and sellers are slowly coming down to that point to meet the buyers. This will close off and finish the tip of the wedge around .00027

Although this is a bearish (bad) sign in general, it sometimes signals a breakout. Do not buy in at the end of the wedge without volume to confirm. Meaning as the wedge closes you need to see positive increase in 24hr volume on the coin to start to watch for a possible breakout. if volume stays at about the same point try to get out before that wedge closes if you are in.