Anyone else like Islamic calligraphy?

Anyone else like Islamic calligraphy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0sx4NojXZAA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How did they make words look like a cat?

Mystical magic

Pretty dope way to circumvent the Islamic ban on drawn depictions of things.

Also Arabic is a beautiful language.

>invent alphabet to get over problems of pictographs
>use alphabet as pictograph

islam is truly reactionary and retarded

I disagree with Islam as a religion and ideology but I do enjoy the Arabic language and calligraphy.

Tell me about jihadists, Veeky Forums. Why do they have such catchy nasheeds?

youtube.com/watch?v=0sx4NojXZAA

Because that's the power of God. Those who deny this feeling is a kaffir.

No. I like figure art in general, so Islam's whole aesthetic is beyond me.

I live in a heavily Islamic area, and am not struck by any of it

>Also Arabic is a beautiful language
I also do not believe this. It's ugly.

Look to your heart. Find the religion of peace, true peace.

>Islamic ban on drawn depictions of things.

lol holy shit what a shitty religion

>holy shit

Go away pajeet

Do they say anything coherent or are they just random letters that fit well?

Why is depicting things threw drawings not allowed?

That's a tenant of all Abrahamic religions, but none enforce it like Islam.

Christianity had its own Islam tier iconoclasm in Byzantium and then in Protestant Europe.

I can read broken arabic, there's a few religious words in their so I'd say it means something.

I can recognize the word for "allah" in a ton of these

No one wants to follow their tenants of faith, would rather be secular. So they say FUCK Islam, what a backwards shit hole....no drawings and pork and dick cut off...LOL

I remeber this in the late 90s

It's mainly the mystical cunts who do shit like this anyway. The mainstream Muslims only use words that don't form any type of imagery.

Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan: While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, ' Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."

Narrated Aun bin Abu Juhaifa: I saw my father buying a slave whose profession was cupping, and ordered that his instruments (of cupping) be broken. I asked him the reason for doing so. He replied, "Allah's Apostle prohibited taking money for blood, the price of a dog, and the earnings of a slave-girl by prostitution; he cursed her who tattoos and her who gets tattooed, the eater of Riba (usury), and the maker of pictures."

Easterner, the Chinese and far east too, they were into abstract aesthetic way more than Europeans before modern times.

Drawings were assimilated to idols back then

I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha. In fact, some foreigners came to me and said they would like to conduct the repair work of the Bamiyan Buddha that had been slightly damaged due to rains. This shocked me. I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings -- the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction.[29]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan

but why today? do they still have a problem with worshipping pictures they see as idols?

13 As Jesus was leaving the Temple that day, one of his disciples said, “Teacher, look at these magnificent buildings! Look at the impressive stones in the walls.”

2 Jesus replied, “Yes, look at these great buildings. But they will be completely demolished. Not one stone will be left on top of another!”

Michelangelo: To Giovanni da Pistoia
"When the Author Was Painting the Vault of the Sistine Chapel"
—1509

I've already grown a goiter from this torture,
hunched up here like a cat in Lombardy
(or anywhere else where the stagnant water's poison).
My stomach's squashed under my chin, my beard's
pointing at heaven, my brain's crushed in a casket,
my breast twists like a harpy's. My brush,
above me all the time, dribbles paint
so my face makes a fine floor for droppings!

My haunches are grinding into my guts,
my poor ass strains to work as a counterweight,
every gesture I make is blind and aimless.
My skin hangs loose below me, my spine's
all knotted from folding over itself.
I'm bent taut as a Syrian bow.

Because I'm stuck like this, my thoughts
are crazy, perfidious tripe:
anyone shoots badly through a crooked blowpipe.

My painting is dead.
Defend it for me, Giovanni, protect my honor.
I am not in the right place—I am not a painter.

Exodus 20:4

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

thank god Christians don't care to take things like that literally.

I'm wondering what it states there. I don;t see the word Allah so it must be refering something else.

That's Zulfiqar, the sword of Ali. Alawites revere the sword, it probably says something about Ali.

I wanted to get it as a tattoo, but i don't want to be beheaded by sunni. Sword of Ali is also for sunni but i just want to know for sure what is on the text. Might get it without then.

A good portion of them are still butthurt about a murder that happened 1000 years ago, of course they stick to their hatred of idolatory

That's copy pasted in the Quran and that's why Islamic calligraphy is a thing

their architecture is fucking nice too.

That part with the dome was added by catholics dummy

>Anyone else like Islami-
Unless you're finishing this sentence with "genocide", no.

Fuck off and shitpost somewhere else.

being this scared of other people kek

Aesthetic as fuck.

>disliking the religion responsible for 90% of terrorism and war in the modern world makes you /pol/ now
Sorry, Muhamed. For a second there, I forgot I was on a Buzzfeed subreddit.

Arabs are natural idolators, who will worship anything that they deem relevant. The Quran tries to ban it, but the eternal Arab will always find a way to follow his idolatrous nature

Here's the american pledge of alligiance in arabic calligraphy

Actually pretty cool