Why did Mesopotamians have such awesome beards?

Why did Mesopotamians have such awesome beards?

No estrogen in the water yet.

I wonder if they actually braided their beads like that. Or just artistic style.

I really wish I was born Iraqi so I could grow an epic Akkadian beard

But most Iraqis now are just shitty Arabs.

That's only language shift

Even I can tell Iraqis look different from Saudis

Even though arabic is West Semetic and Akkadian is East Semetic they are still semites though

If that's the case why is Saudi peninsula DNA drastically diffrenent from Iraqi DNA?

>Implying they are the same as Arabians just because they speak Arabic now

At what point do you view a civilization or ethnicity's continuity destroyed? Does it happen when a group of people loose their language, collective identity, historic memory, customs and start identifying with a new and different historical narrative? Because most of what we know about Babylonians/ Assyrians comes from archaeology and recount of their neighbors not from Iraqis. Ask an Iraqi about his past and he will talk know more than you about the age of Islam and less than a French archaeologist about Babylon and Assyria.
It's like let's say white Americans. Are they Europeans? By DNA yes but they created their own culture and do not view themselves as a continuation of the different story of each nation they came from. They view themselves as Americans, or at least as white Americans. And this process will intensify in the future. So Mesopotamia is like that but fast forward 1500 years and add multiple population moves.

iraqis are considered to be related more closely to gulf arabians than other levant/sham people

Yeah. Aramean, Egyptian, and Berber people all adopted an Arabic identity.

Though in North Africa inidegenous identity survives stronger with Berbers and Copts

Also it's funny how White Americans feel indiginous when most Blacks have been in America longer...

Most Blacks are newcomers compared to my family.

Culturally yeah

They're still the same prehistoric farmers, shepherds, and fishermen of Mesopotamia

My Iraqi bro went as Sargon for Halloween once

Is it really that uncommon to have deep American ancestry like this?

Not in the slightest, he's just WE WUZing. The vast majority of Black ancestry comes from no earlier than 1800.

>most blacks have been in America longer
So have most deer and squirrels. Your point?

Nope, majority of whites arrived in the late 1800s and early 1900s but by now it should be nigh impossible to not have old blood in your family.

His point is that deer and squirrels are a an indigenous species of north america. What is your point?

>Berber people all adopted an Arabic identity
Not all did, there are still alot berbers that kept their identities

And why do I have to concern myself with various kinds of wildlife that predates the settlement of my ancestors?

whats your sauce

>implying your ancestors weren't the wildlife

>I wonder if they actually braided their beads like that. Or just artistic style.
I'd really like to know this too. From all the sculptures and paintings I've seen, I'm more inclined to believe that they really did style their beards in that type of fashion. I've seen this custom from Gilgamesh to Nebuchadnezzar. It probably wasn't mere fashion, but some form of tradition relating to Mesopotamian pantheon.

All iraqis I know we wuz as Babylonians