In the year 2700, who will be the historical figures of our time that people still talk about?

In the year 2700, who will be the historical figures of our time that people still talk about?

Oh fuck YOU op

Fuck you

>For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago

OR 683 YEARS IN THE FUCKING FUTURE YOU SHIT WEASEL

you have to go back

but this fits under humanities

this is supposition and claptrap !!!

claptrap!!!

Elon Musk, maybe Bill Gates.

Spongebob
Doge
The Cash me outside girl

Hey dumbass, "our time" doesn't mean "this week". To people 700 years from now, 2017 will mean the same fucking thing as 1975. I mean this era of human history, not March of 2017. Will they be talking about Hitler, Mao, Einstein? Will any artists of our time be remembered? Will they appreciate Citizen Kane or Georgia O'Keefe?

>In the year 2700
And yet you post a picture from the 22nd century

>To people 700 years from now, 2017 will mean the same fucking thing as 1975.

>2017 is to 1975 as 2717 is 2017
You're not very smart/good at math are you?

WWII will definately be remembered as one of the central conflicts of the western civilisation.
I'd say that Hitler, Stalin and Churchill will go down in history as the great trio of WWII.

Okay, does the average person today make a meaningful distinction between 1,317 and 1,275 AD? No? Do you see why what you're saying is so aggressively retarded now?

You just don't know how to read.

He's saying that in 2700, people won't be able to meaningfully distinguish between 1975 and 2017. Do you treat 1275 and 1317 as two separate periods of history?

Yeah I'd assume Hitler is a safe bet. But with the emergence of the US as a superpower, who will come to represent their "golden age"? 8 years is such a short time to be in the history books for, so will it be FDR by default? Or maybe Eisenhower since he was also pivotal in the conflict that made them a superpower? Or a business figure?
Will Einstein be remembered among Newton or Copernicus? Will any music of our the last 5 or so decades last?

>tfw shitposting about Hitler will continue for 683 years

>2700
>people

you can never escape him, NEVER

bwahahahahaahaha

I don't agree with it either, but it's so obvious at this point, it's inevitable.

Of our time? Year 2017? Pretty much nobody, maybe Bill Gates.

7 centuries is extremely long, by that point, perhaps humans will not exist.

Meh, assuming there's no dark age:

>Hitler
>Einstein
>Napoleon
>George Washington
>Pizarro & Cortez
>Christopher Columbus
>Magellan
>Elizabeth I
>Henry VIII
>Henry V
>Vlad Tepes (Cuz, Dracula)
>Genghis Khan
>Julius Caesar & Cleopatra
>Alexander the Great
>Aristotle
>Plato & Socrates
>Pythagoras
>King Tutankhamun

Probably no one else in the common lexicon that far out, but people will likely be making up stories involving these legends until the death of mankind, and perhaps beyond. (Possibly also Blackbeard, Amelia Earhart, Houdini, Bonnie and Clyde, and a few others folks feel the need to constantly make up stories about.)

Assuming there's no dark age and the bulk of the internet gets ported to the psi-net, or whatever, much of modern history will probably survive, sorta, if not often be talked about. At the same time, as humanity expands, archeological evidence maybe increasingly less common, and most history will be explored by way of electronic archival evidence and the transfers there of through various wayback machines.

In which case they will think people of our era all worshipped cats.

Fuck Blackbeard. Only reason he is more famous is because he exemplified the Hollywood version of carribean pirates the best. Black Bart was far more successful and prolific, and Henry Morgan literally pirated his way into Governorship.

>in which case they will think our people all worshipped cats
So working backwards, maybe Egyptians didn't hold cats in high regard at all. Maybe hieroglyphs were just history's first lolcats?

A remark spoke slighting like that could raise a man's blood now, could it not?

7 centuries is only a handful of long lifetimes

Yes, but a lifetime is much longer than a generation. The people 700 years from now will be like 28 generations removed from us, unless people start waiting until their golden years to start fucking.

Well, they also left behind cavernous pits full of sacrificial cat bones, so...

Yeah, but like Vlad, a lasting legend is more about having a good story to tell, than it is about having achieved anything. Blackbeard was famous well before Disney, and will likely remain so well after they go under.

Granted "talked about" and "accurately discussed" are not necessarily related. I'm sure folks with think Einstein invented the steam engine or the internet someday as well.

People won't exist