What's your favorite historical photo?

What's your favorite historical photo?

I like that one what shows a frog in tears as the bosch marches into town

Joke replies need not apply

there it is!

what a stitch!

interesting after it sat for so long as a ruint that they didn't just demolish it on the reunification

freemasons are obsessed with parliaments and neoclassical buildings in general

is that a nuclear cloud?

awesome

The one with the dead Nazi that had a picture of Hitler by his side.

Krauts will never learn.

I have many favorites... I'll post a couple

Look closely

I just find this funny

>soldier below the flag bearer is wearing two wristwatches
every time

Omaha Beach

that's a cool one

Did anyone else see the movie Unbroken? It wasn't that great, but one thing I really loved about it was how there's a part where the main character is taken from his Japanese POW camp and brought to Tokyo so he can be on a propaganda radio program, and they show Tokyo as being an extremely modern city to the point that it might as well be New York. Then late in the film the prisoners are being used to clear rubble after the bombing has started and that whole city is just gone, completely fucking erased.

Who takes a photo in that situation?

Tokyo was a bamboo/wood/paper jungle in 1940 according to my grandma.

In no way was it modern

If im not mistaken it was taken by a photographer attach with the unit, he followed them after the shot was taken

>ywn be a humble rice farmer in 1910's China

>not taking a photo where it looks like you were the one who pushed it over

I actually can't even imagine the concept of what it was like to be on the receiving end of drumfire.
It is a concept completely beyond me.

His little brother is in his backpack

Hunting japs

excellent

Frozen Russian shot by the Finns

his only crime was being jewish. what a cruel world.

>people actually think this is legit
kek

Bonnie & Clydes car when they were killed

w2c?

damn those are fine legs

Who is this?

Somewhere around here is a photo of my Grandfather on a steamship from Europe home to US. He is playing shuffleboard with Dr. Carl Weiss, who later was the assassin of Huey Long.

In the first few days after the assassination, that picture ran in a number of papers as it took a while for the media to find pics of the Dr. but my Grandfather knew the editor of his local paper and let him use the pic, copies of which were picked up in at least a handful of states.

If I can track it down, I'll scan it --

Have you ever been in a club with really loud music?
And then stood really close to the speakers, feeling the music beat right through you?

Imagine that, but with less actual rhythm, far longer and more fear that the next "beat" could kill you. Although judging by actual soldier accounts you would learn to deal with the fear after some time, like getting used to high speeds on the free way.

Pretty much the only still picture of Armstrong on the moon.

Armstrong took most of the pictures, Aldrin took some but not of Armstrong -- speculation exists that he was still grouchy that Armstrong got to step down onto the surface first, and thus into the history books, but I guess there is some consolation for him that almost all the pictures showing an Apollo 11 astronaut on the moon are of him.

(There is one other still photo that sort of shows Armstrong -- he can be seen pretty clearly in the reflection in Aldrin's visor.)

Pictures of the moon landing are so eerie. It absolutely blows my mind the fact they were the first people in all of history to walk on an extra terrestrial surface

why is there blacks?

It's completely goddamned insane the amount of technological progress that was made in 200 years between 1800 and 2000 so rapidly, and that's still continuing even more rapidly.

It makes you wonder who it actually is making the progress. I mean it's sure as fuck not me, I'm a piece of useless shit.

That picture is phenomenal. Captures the very essence of war and humanity, men storming the abyss.

what prestige is that?

lots of people who are slightly less useless, they work for 4 years on a racketed sprotchet that makes conveyor belts 1% more efficient, once used throughout the world the value of the savings is worth millions per year so the economy can do a little more, after decades and decades of this we are flying around the world in jumbo jets and such

What more can be told?

YOUR FAVOURITE HISTORICAL PHOTOGRAPH IS A SHOT FROM A STAGED EVENT?

I edited the two frames to be more consistent brightness wise. If anyone knows how to make a gif out of them they're yours.
1/2

2/2

Yeah, it's historical nonetheless.

Fool.

eh, I can't help but feel like we've stalled
(partially because of the end of "bigness" regarding the progress we make, moving towards a more consumer oriented angle or something. i mean sure a smartphone is cool and all - but it'd be cooler if i still listened to music on a PSP but we had guys on mars and concorde 2.)