What does Veeky Forums think of Cyrus?

What does Veeky Forums think of Cyrus?

Based af

Alexander should have destroyed his tomb.

coo-raysh

t.milo tsipras

>Alexander admired Cyrus, from an early age reading Xenophon's Cyropaedia, which described Cyrus's heroism in battle and governance as a king and legislator

Alexander was a weak imitation of Cyrus

>O man, whoever you are and wherever you come from, for I know you will come, I am Cyrus who won the Persians their empire. Do not therefore begrudge me this bit of earth that covers my bones.
Well then, I was expecting a more braggadocio epitaph. I mean there seems to be a sense of humbleness to it.

isn't it kuu-rush?

Simply Great

one of the greatest kurds out there IMO

>legend has it the locals tricked the invading Arabs from destroying his tomb by saying it was the tomb of Solomons mother so they turned it into a mosq instead
>even after all the shit from the Mongols and Timur it still stands
not bad, perscucks

Dont think so,Hes Dhull Qarnayn in the Quran. Also arabs had other tombs to destroy but didnt, as you said just a legend

This user is right.

God tier emperor. I mean he died like a bitch but whatever. At least his skull had some utility after his death.

>Some dude's tomb still survives after more than 2000 years
>meanwhile buildings in china and india are collapsing everyday
what went wrong?

Evil Globalist

He was proclaimed a Messiah by the Jews.

Guess divine intervention, considering the region not only suffered wars for millenia but also natural disasters like earthquakes

>didn't even conquer Egypt
into the trash it goes

He overthrew the Medes and conquered the Lydians and the Babylonians
Give him a break

his son made up for it

I find it hilarious the jews who wrote the Jewish Bible hold him to such high regard in it as some great deliverer of the Babylonian Captivity when he was just a dude who wanted to conquer shit
History is amazing

He was just, and helped oppressed people, gave freedom of religion, gave the first humanitirian chart, what else did ancient people want.

Cyrus was a kike loving cuck.

0/10. I'm not going to humor your shitpost.

t. Baruch Schekelbaum

Cambyses literally turned egypt against the persians forever by sacking their tombs, defiling their temples and smashing their carvings because animal gods was too spoopy for him. He died (((mysteriously))) as a result and then it caused the great revolt.

Egyptfags kept revolting all the way the alexander and they all kek'd IRL when the persians finally bit the dust. Fuck Cambyses.

t.Abdullah mohammed

I am Greek

Somehow made a country that was more progressive than many other countries further down the track in history

So what happened to the body? Was it headless as to confirm the Tomyris story?

What's the connection between Muhammad's tribe and Iranian King?

He was held in high regard by many peoples of his times, it's just that the Jewish account survived. He took over oppressive messopotamina empires and made the globalized networks they created to work for everyone's favor. What's not to like than.
t. Jew

Cambyses wasn't actually particularly harsh as a ruler, and the Apis bull died when he wasn't even there. Egypt was just fiercely independent, and continued to revolt under the ptolemies