Why did El Cid fight for the Moors against his own people? Why is he considered a hero?

Why did El Cid fight for the Moors against his own people? Why is he considered a hero?

He isn't considered a hero. AoE2 made everyone think he was.

He fought for his own interests. All he ever wanted was power and a better social position.

BECAUSE HE WAS A NOBLE PERSON, AND CHOSE TO FIGHT ON THE SIDE OF THE NOBLER PEOPLE AGAINST THE BARBARIANS.

No basically he was a traitor.

HOW WAS HE A "TRAITOR", ACCORDING TO YOU?

He worked for the moors once he was exiled by the king of Castile , but always against other moors or kingdoms, later he conquered Valencia and offered the city to the same king that expulsed him

Requesting Cid-Wojak

By working for the enemy...?

>Why did El Cid fight for the Moors against his own people?
The emir of Zaragoza was a vassal to the king of Castille who was murdered.He fought for the same side
>Why is he considered a hero?
He was loyal,a legendary fighter and tactitian and a hero for Castillians against the Almoravids
The emir of Zaragoza was a vassal of King Sancho.He betrayed no one.
>he was exiled by the king of Castile
He was exhiled by the emperor of Leon who murdered the king of Castille.
The emir of Zaragoza was a vassal to Castille.Repeating the same meme 1000 times won't make your stupid memes come true

>Be me
>Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar
>Fight for my king in all his wars and be loyal to him to the bitter end
>My king is murdered cowardly and I can't stand this injustice
>Go to the new king his brother Alfonso the murderer and humilliate him in front of everyone making him swear an oath
>He gets pissed and exiles me
>I can't go to Navarra because I kicked their ass
>I can't go to Aragon because I kicked their ass
>I can't go to France because I am not a faggot
>Go to an old ally of my king the Taifa of Zaragoza and fight with him against the brutal Almoravids
>Succed every time while slowly building a christian CASTILLIAN army to invade Valencia
>GO with your army of peasants and invade one of the biggest cities in the entire peninsula
>Kick the ass of the Almoravids continously
>Even when I die my presence is enough to scare the Almoravids and they ran away.
>My daughter loses the city after I die as she is a fucking woman
>mfw lefties try to spreed the meme that I was just a mercenary
>Some faggot on Veeky Forums brings this meme as an argument

how are the moors the enemy? for el cid they were his allies.

Finally

Diffcult to judge with nowadays standards what was done back then, where the idea of loyalty and kingdoms was very different. The moors where in Spain longer than Europeans have been in the US.

>He isn't considered a hero
He is considered a hero everywhere to the point that he was mentioned in the national anthem of countries like Uruguay or that his body is buried in a cathedral amongst kings

this, viva el cid!

The moors weren't a single ethnicity or kingdom.There were slavs,vandals,berbers,arabs and mostly native iberians in the land and the different ethnicities went to war with each other all the time in the period before the Almoravid invasion

God-tier movie!

God-tier campaign as well!

can you please stop shouting dude, we can all hear you

What game?

Age of Empires II: Age of Kings
muh childhood

No you cyka it's the Conqueror's Expansion

>letting out the part where he and future king Sancho were BFF
>don't telling about the time they rescued the captive princess of a hidden basque kingdom
>princess died in sancho arms '_'
>but they kept her badass mute squire, so profit

reroll

truth witnessed by the presence of checked

Rodrigo did nothing wrong