Is the Rote Armee Fraktion something that interests people outside of Germany/Austria...

Is the Rote Armee Fraktion something that interests people outside of Germany/Austria? Do non-german people even know the RAF existed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FanVI8-zlsA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blekingegade_Gang#Details_of_the_old_Main_Post_Office_robbery
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Mahler
imdb.com/title/tt0765432/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I only know that they existed due to being involved in Leftist circles. But they are to Tankie for my taste.

I am more likely to support the like of EZLN in Mexico

Sound familiar to me

we had something like that in chile iven the logo look like it

theres a pretty good movie about them, even with english subtitles it seems. i was very critical towards them so far but some of their positions are actually very understandable, given the historical context

youtube.com/watch?v=FanVI8-zlsA

I'll take a watch in a bit if I can find a download for it.

I wish there were more films around historical-leftist movements. Makhnovist Ukraine, or Revolutionary Catalonia

Yup, Denmark had their own branch of Commie terrorists.

i didn't know that. what kind of stuff did they pull off?

If it's red, it's dead

They robbed banks and send the money to PLO, ended up with the one of the most famous killing in Denmark. It's the one of the few times a police officer has been killed on active duty
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blekingegade_Gang#Details_of_the_old_Main_Post_Office_robbery

they dressed and looked cool
would have let myself to be recruited

their leaders were dope as fuck

i dont want to be one of those "le [insert time period before the current time priod here] is better than [current time period]" people, but are there any significant modern leftist movements that have the same level of charisma and attraction these guys had?

we has Action Directe in France

>commies
>numale and a tranny
Who would've thought

had* fuck my phone

One of the strangest cases I know of is this guy who went from being an extremist commie in RAF to becomming full on nazi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Mahler

Wtf was the deal with RAF?
>We will undercover the fascist state if we terrorize our liberal democracy long enough.

Why were first world youth of this era so attracted to maoism?
>Mao goes from one disaster to another in agricultural China causing havoc
>w0w this seems like quite the model to use in our industrial world, what could possibly go wrong?

Why were they so stupid??

You know how edgy kids on Veeky Forums rebel against their comfortable left leaning parents by being nazis? It was kind of like that, only they were rebelling against their parents who were actual nazis.

Seems like some boring edgy bourgeois LARPers who were just terrorist light and pawns of the USSR anyway. If the German government ever did any shit to them, I can guarantee they deserve it and more.

This.

They actually do this? I always thought it was a meme

did they actually have a connection to the USSR og China or some other communist power? Also what happened to the RAF after the changes of 1989-1991? Did they just dissolve?

Also, edgy punk rock teens in Britain started being ironic nazis to piss off their WW2 parents until actual neo-nazis started being part of the scene.

all this shit seems retarded as fuck to me though, even in the context of my edgy teen days. I never walked around in black pajamas and one of those straw hats Raiden from Mortal Kombat wears praising Ho Chi Mihn to piss off my dad.

They occupied and subsequently blew up the GDR embassy here in Stockholm, that's how I first heard of them. It was the only "successful" (as in thry killed people) terrorist attack here ever

>Two military organisations called the RAF both destroy Germany
Irony

What? They blew up the East German embassy? Weren't they sympathetic to the DDR?

It was the west german embassy. They tried to kidnapp our justice minster afterwards.

They probably received funding from east Germany, and Soviet aligned sympathizers was how they got safehouses.

>succesful
>fall over own trap wire and blow up whole building ruining the whole idea

Yes. In Estonia it is usually called baader-meinhof group.

>Do non-german people even know the RAF existed?

The only time I see it being discussed outside of Coldwar history is when people use it as an example of European terrorism to contrast with islamic terrorism

i watched a film about them a few years ago.
imdb.com/title/tt0765432/

The lives of the people involved are absolutely insane.

Mainly because of the clash

That's not strange at all. Look at Otto Schily.

>urban guerrilla warfare

Did it EVER work?