The freer the society, the more brothels there are

Prove me wrong.

Protip; you can't.

and the more you can murder.

we don't want a free society though.

In a truly free society I can rape whoever I want, so there's absolutely no need for brothels

>we don't want a free society though.

muh subjective moral code

Fuck off, cuck. The best countries in the world have brothels.

Never saw a brothel in Qatar.

Never saw a brothel in Iceland.

Never saw a brothel in Cub.... oh wait

As a society becomes freer the number of brothels increases due to legalization, however at a certain point it decreases because women earn more and fewer turn to prostitution, women have more freedom to have sex, reducing the demand for paid sex by men and because of the preponderance of alternatives to prostitution.

Never saw a brothel in Saudi Arabia

Uncontrained entropy isn't great, freedom is a threat to liberty.

Savage
>muh epistemic retardation
B T F O
T
F
O

Relating to sexual matters? Sure. However, free doesn't necessarily mean good.

I have 2 points:
1. Australia has brothels. Australia also banned it citizens from owning guns thus making them vulnerable to the tyranny of oppressive regimes.

2. A SOCIETY MORE FREE THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DOESN'T EXIST

you aren't looking in the right places

One cannot truly be free without spending his life in servitude to Christ.

In all societies, women only enter the sex trade willingly in the most desperate of circumstances. It's incredibly dangerous work, which is evidenced out in statistics on violence towards prostitutes, strippers, etc. Consequently, a society with many sex workers is likely one where women have less economic opportunity and lack social safety nets. To the degree we assume women's rights are a sign of freedom (a caveat I wouldn't have to express anywhere else than Veeky Forums), sex work is not a sign of a free society.

That said, the presence of legal brothels probably indicates a relatively feminist governing, in that regulating sex work generally results in safer conditions for workers. However, some sexpos feminists argue that some measures tend to commodify (ie protect the business of sex work, as opposed to the workers themselves) the trade. I tend not to agree with these claims, or rather believe that the pitfalls of legalization are outweighed by the immediate danger law enforcement poses to unregulated/black market prostitution. But hey, I'm just some guy

>However, some sexpos feminists argue that some measures tend to commodify (ie protect the business of sex work, as opposed to the workers themselves) the trade.
Now sexpos liberals sperg out when you point out how their policies are actually harming women by turning the legalized areas into hubs for sex trafficking.

Go feminism.

edo period Japan were full of brothels

how free do you think edo period Japan was?

the romans and greeks had slaves and tons of brothels

>The freer the society, the more brothels there are
>freer

Depends on the definition of freedom you're working with. If it's freedom from the state/religious institutions, then I suppose you're right.

Another conception of freedom might include freedom from vice/compulsion. More brothels=less freedom in that case.

In a freer society a brothel would no longer be needed as individuals could satisfy their sexual needs at any point in time this making the need for brothels moot.

The freer the society the greater access everyone has to information try to prove me wrong.

America banned brothels

so much for freedom m8

its a state by state thing, not federal law (although only Nevada state actually has legal brothels)

Can confirm, Switzerland, free as fuck and tons of whores!

Prostitution is legal in Germany OP, meanwhile you will get 10 years in prison for publicly denying the Holocaust in the same country, so I guess you're wrong.

>Victorian England
>More brothels than churches

Pretty sure even Thomas Aquinas said that a little bit of vice was better than pure evil.

Are you insane? The amount of brothels in any authoritarian empire far outnumbers the amount of brothels in the modern west. Unless your definition of freedumbs are different than the normie definition.

If brothels equal freedom then why do you have to pay for sex in a brothel when in America you get it for FREE?

Too free for brothels, you can't argue that.

USA USA USA

>meanwhile you will get 10 years in prison for publicly denying the Holocaust in the same country,
The upper limit is 5 years, and you'll really have to put effort into it to get more than just a fine.

Also, it's not the act of denial that is sanctioned, but the act of disturbing the public order.

Ordnung muss sein.