Ethnic diversity in Aboriginals

Is that a thing?

I know there's lots of variations noted among blacks (Congoloids, Bantus, whatever Somalis are etc) but nothing about aboriginals. Just going off the size of Australia and how isolated each tribe would have been I'm assuming there would have had to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=ZVFnAwAAQBAJ&pg=PT355
s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/5168162/2/
books.google.com/books?id=dDrYsjGq35wC&pg=PA110
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buffalo niggers are related to asians somewhat

Much of inbred neanderthals.

hol up you're taking about abbos not american aboriginals my apology for autism

same answer applies but instead of buffalo niggers its kangaroo niggers

honestly a really great description of this is in the first few chapters of guns germs and steel I believe

Don't say those words ever again on Veeky Forums

What does it say?

I'm guessing there isn't much classification of Aborginals seeing as no one bothered to study them and instead just killed or bred out of existence.

And they wouldn't do it now because liberals would lose their shit.

>seeing as no one bothered to study them
That's just bullshit, there are dozens of historiographical and anthropological works written about Aborigines every year.

from what I remember from my anthro days, australasians themselves are about 60-90k years branched from what would become cro-mangon and descendants(a typical standard of genetic comparison), and within the australian continent there is diversity stretching into 10-20k years.

to put this into contrast, all non-sub saharan african, australasian and negrito peoples share a common ancestor of about 30-40k years ago, 99.9% of humans share a common ancestor of about 90-120k years ago, and extremely small and isolated pockets of diversity in sub-saharan africa stretch into 230-270k years of nearly complete genetic isolation. to put this into further perspective, neanderthalis and sapiens share a common ancestor of about 450-600k years, and could still breed with each other.

no, they are not neanderthals or erectus descendents. no, they are not less "evolved" than other people, that assertion reflects a severe lack of understanding of natural selection. not that it would bother me if they were considered a different sub-species of sapiens, I don't really care, but there are more isolated peoples in pockets of africa.

What a silly question

Of course there are

All aboriginals are part of one ethnic group, the human ethnic group
We're all aboriginals somewhere

But were there noticeably different branches within Australia?

>Is that a thing?
Yes, you dolt. I have no idea where you're getting the idea that there's "nothing about" it.

>whatever somalis are
caucasian

That's a picture of different people from the Oceanic region, not exclusively Australia.

I want to know the differences between a western abbo, a northern abbo and an eastern abbo.

OP this question would've been easily answerable through a cursory Google search

look up the works of Norman Tindale and Kenneth L. Hale for instance

>I want to know the differences between a western abbo, a northern abbo and an eastern abbo.
Why don't you try reading a book about Australian anthropology

This, and 2/3 of them are just from New Zealand and Vanuatu.

Are you retarded user

I'm not sure about genetics but in the west, south and east of Australia abos generally speak languages from the same language family, Pama-Nyungan, but in the north of Australia there are dozens of completely unrelated language families. My assumption would be that Aboriginals in the west, south and east of Australia are quite genetically similar but in the north they're far more diverse.

Again this is just five minutes of halfassed google and wikipedia searches but it seems that in the north of Australia they didn't make boomerangs, so maybe that supports it or something.

Iunno I really don't know anything about this I'm just spitballing. here, have some abo qts

>Muh on topic muh quality muh rulecuckery

go to reddit or some other forum if you don't like the lax nature of this place

all I remember is the number "10-20k years" from genetic sampling data, implying that there were at least some of them who had remained isolated from others for that period of time.

>Congoloids, Bantus

The Bantus originated in Central Africa after their proto-ancestors left Southeastern Nigeria. There is no need to have them separate, just call them West-Central Africans. Oh, and you forgot the Khoisan if they still count.

As for Abos...some look superficially like black people, others look like South Indians. Most of them look like...Aboriginals.

>30-50% West Asian/North African
>Caucasian

No.

"caucasoid" abos were a thing

Where were they located? Can't find anything referencing a "Murrian" type.

>Southeastern

books.google.com/books?id=ZVFnAwAAQBAJ&pg=PT355

s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/5168162/2/

books.google.com/books?id=dDrYsjGq35wC&pg=PA110

Murrian suggests they resided along the Murray river, bordering Victoria and New south wales

>tfw that's honestly the most attractive abo i've ever seen
>she's like a 5.5 at best

I've seen a cute Abbo girl of pure descent once.

He looks like a white guy with really dark skin. Why do Caucasians and Australian Aboriginals have moderate to large brow ridges while the rest of humanity has small to nonexistent ones?

>What are Swedes

They were classified into four types; Barrinean, Carpentarian, Murrayian, and Tasmanid. Barrineans are the shortest and were part of the first wave. Murrayians were part of the second wave and are thickset and hairy. Carpentarians are tall with very little body hair. Tasmanians have the most archaic features.

Yes.

They recently discovered some genetic markers for aboriginal ethnic groups that they've decided have stayed in the same areas for however 10s of thousands of years.

They were touting it as an opportunity for mixed or stolen abos to get genetic testing to find their ancestral homeland.

Some african groups and papua new guineans have them.
"the rest of humanity" is like 2 racial skull morphologies (negroid and mongoloid) and what you've said isn't really applicable specifically to negroid.

It's like asking a really insightful question as to why some people have attached earlobes or not.

Really fires up the synapses...

And this sums up most of Veeky Forums in a nutshell. People making uneducated statements about subjects they don't know anything about and haven't even bothered to do basic research on.

>Carpentarians
not this guy but google image post

also to mine, and guns germs and steel by jarrod diamond understanding, png going back 3k++++ use to have a lot shallower pool of water seperating it from the mainland the people were pretty culutrally genetically related...

like all shit back then, and now, it was a big trade chain of civs of like people that more grouped together then the outsider that they then traded/quaralled/war/bred with etc

Australian natives have Y DNA Haplogroup C, K, and RxR1.

Does it trigger all the /pol/tards or what?