*Shows you the path*

*Shows you the path*

>Calls your mother a dog
"pfft, nothing personal goy"

Satan was better.

how come the byzantines wrote in English?

I like Christ I don't like Christians

>continues old jewish tradition of human sacrifice

*blocks your path*

catholic shitposting pisses me off so much because I was raised protestant, even though I'm an atheist now

I can respect that. Most people, I think, who say they have a religion ( this applies to Muslims as well) are just "culturally" religious;
>Why are you Orthodox?
>Cuz I'm Serbian bro lol
>Why are you Sunni?
>Cuz I'm Turkish bro lol

The ironic part is that OP's picture is Orthodox, which is what I am

Ameridoxy. The Orthodox Church in America will be the first to declare MLK a saint and Jesus a bigot.

It pisses me off as well desu

>*blocks your path*
>Demands you ignore the part where Jesus calls for class warfare

Protestants bait Catholics just as much as Catholics bait Protestants.

Where did Jesus say this?

unless you mean that one fundie (who I agree is very bad about the whore of babylon shit) they don't really on this board. idk, I think the crazy fundy's shit is more entertaining than what catholics do anyways. anti-protestant posters always come off to me as incredibly smug

Cleansing of the temple is the big one but not the only one.
The government and the religious establishment are both invalid, after all the world is about to end.

Luther was against having to share wealth with Rome, not the extraction of that wealth from the people to support the edifice of the local church and it's government per se

That's fair, although I think cleansing the temple had more to do with morality/theology than economics.

Everybody was against having to share wealth with Rome, just look at the War of the Eight Saints. Really it was a blessing in disguise for the Pontifex Maximus when Luther came along and suddenly all opposition to Papal influence became conflated with being a Protestant.

I'm thinking of his denunciation of the rebellions that broke out when lower class people conflated what he was saying about Rome with ALL government and earthly religious authority.

Granted it was violent anarchy, but he did make a pretty strong case to reject any power but the Bible itself...And then rolled it back to include caveats...and then just blamed the Jews. So basically he acted like a German.

I guess it's just that the lower classes benefited most from the theology. There were certainly early Christians that had more to lose, just like there are plenty of wealthy communists.