Best President Thread

Calvin Coolidge is the best. Prove me wrong

Literally one of the worst. He basically allowed corporations to run wild. Him and Andrew Mellon should've been publicly executed for their role in leading into the Great Depression.

Found the Communist.

Coolidge, more than any President since Washington, respected the limits placed upon his office by the Constitution.

"You lose"
-Silent Cal

(look it up)

he was a good president because he didn't do anything, which is what american presidents are supposed to do. Thats why he doesn't get any credit. On the other hand, the presidents who do the most get the most credit, for instance TR, FDR, and Wilson, are the most destructive

>regulations are communism
found the ancap

As a president he faced no significant trials, championed no great cause and left no enduring legacy. Even someone like Grover Cleveland whose dogged efforts to a worthy cause could be said to have ended in failure deserves more approbation than a man who shrank from the contest.

IMO he's a bottom half president.

>the measure of presidential quality is how much he attempts to meddle with the country
You must think that every president is the new greatest one

I think a president who works to the best of ability to aworthy cause promotes the general welfare is preferable to one who twiddles his thumbs.

Obviously the challenges faced by each presidents are not equal, and some elect to take on greater trials than others. Should not the difficulty of the tasks tackled by the office be taken into account for their measure? Should a president who devoted considerable energy towards the betterment of his people be judged more favorably than one who saves himself the trouble? I think the answer is yes. If you decide to interpret all presidential action as harmful 'meddling', as if a president can never improve the lot of his constituents, then we have come to an impasse that will never be bridged.

So he basically did was a president is supposed t do. Nothing. Kept government out of the economy. And he signed a bitchin immigration bill that kept shitskins out of the country.

>an ostensibly incredible economy
>no serious foreign policy crises
>"The political genius of President Coolidge, Walter Lippmann pointed out in 1926, was his talent for effectively doing nothing", from whitehouse.gov

Saying Coolidge was the best president is like saying I'm world's best tennis player because I've never lost a game - like, no shit, I've never played tennis. Lack of adversity does not a great leader make.

Best books on Tricky Dick?

Everything from Wilson to Coolidge helped contribute to global disaster. I can't possibly find the appeal unless you're some kind of revanchist.

All Hoover's fault. Played a huge role in the Harding, Coolidge, Hoover administrations not avoiding the great depression. Retarded bad tariffs and refusal to run a defect were what got us into the depression.

Thats a funny way of saying floating capital for Jewish purposes made possible by Wilson and Wilson alone. Coolidge's only failing was not fully harnessing the justice of his ideas by not gunning down every man in the Federal Reserve on Inaguration Day.

Go more recent for a kinder, less spergy take. Everything is mired in his corruption charges, later books basically just go contrarian and do their best to cut him even in the reader's eyes.

Literally the only thing of value you said was the tariffs.
We should have never made Wilson President so that:
1) an honorable peace in Germany could take place by mediation and not joining the war
2) No Fed to fuck up growth and make empty bubbles of floating interest and zero productivity
3) Cut our dependence on trade with France and Italy and opted for an early shift to Japan and China
4) Fuck Wilson, I don't need a fourth reason.

dont most economists agree that the fed is a driver for growth? where are you getting the idea that its so pernicious

Most economists also didn't see the housing bubble coming when even retards like Glenn Beck did.

sounds me to like you're arguing that 'doctors are the ones who gave us bloodletting, why should we listen to them?'

Calvin Coolidge is the only right answer. Only thing he really interfered in was with the protectionism, which is fine by me.