Catal Huyuk

Southern Europeans originated mostly from these guys, I'm surprised they are not talked about much here

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalcolithic#Middle_East
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some more of their art, it looks Asian to me

it looks Paleolithic to me

>Matriarchy

Looks like they found the Swedish ancestors

Meant to say this one looks Asian

Pic related is a map of their city drawn by them

Weird animals

This symbol is often found in all later Neolithic cultures that spawned from them

I remember reading somewhere that the modern Turks have basically the exact same DNA as the ancient ooga boogas of anatolia (maybe not quite as far back as catal huyuk but I can't remember), despite all the WE WUZ TURANIC shit

It frustrates me how wrong perceptions of the old world are by the most people. Southern Europeans (especially not the modern ones) didn't originate from them, it was early Neolithic of Anatolia, they had pottery , agriculture and shit and it took a while until they spread their pottery to the Balkans, where we have earliest Neolithic cultures of proper-Europe without evidence of influx of different people. Although Lepenski Vir (Serbia) was mesolithic/proto-Neolithic culture almost 10k BC and developed locally, look them up.

Also Catal Huyuk was "just" major local expression of early human religion and organization, because Anatolia was booming and they stored much extra food and could spend time building their society, much like Jericho. Yes, local variations of Neolithic cultures in the Balkans may or may not have some traces of primordial old human religion left that overlaps with that which was seen in Catal Huyuk, but that swiftly changes as their societies flourish in different geographical areas under different circumstances.

After agricultural revolution to southern Europe, many waves of migrations afterwards changed the picture of Europe, further changing local versions of cultures. Indo-Europeans were a huge group that changed the "Old Europe", not to even mentions Celts later on. So you end up having Germanic people in the north, Romans in the south, some Celto-Iberians in the west and so on.

Imho much more interesting and valuable comparisons are those between Indo-European societies over the world. For example, it surprised me how similar was early Rome to lets say, modern India. Both in rituals, gods and some everyday customs, even design of their cities.

Genetics say orherwise

You remember wrong.
Only Sardinians are genetically close to those ancient Anatolians as they managed to avoid getting raped thanks to island isolation.

Let's dispell the fiction that agriculture spread to Europe through diffusion. It absolutely didn't.

I'd say that's the result of ancient, medieval and modern age mixing, not prehistoric migrations.

Why are they bothering the weird animals

They tried to dechipher the linear A using some ancient Anatolian writing systems, but it turned out that Minoans didn't belong to that group and are more similar to Etruscans, somehow making the two branches of the same people. 3-4 years old research.

Sardinians have like 80% ancestry from them but other Southern Europeans have a lot too

French have 60%
Scandinavians 40%
Finns 30%

But there has been post-Neolithic Middle Eastern admixture into places like Italy and Greece which means they aren't all that Neolithic even if we ignore the Indo-European influence.

Yes, that's why I'm talking about Southern Europeans, 60% in France is a lot and proves how Southern Europeans mostly descend from the, pic related, orange is Neolithic Anatolia

By the time of the Copper Age there were no more native Anatolians around. They were all replaced by a West Asian inclined population. It is though that West Asian admixture in the Balkans and Italy is the result of the metallurgical diffusion brought by these people.

>West Asian

Not the most sensible term since Levant/Anatolian Neolithics were the real West Asians.

West-Central Asian would work.

I doubt it has anything to do with metallurgy diffusion since the revolution happened early in Sardinia too

>Copper and silver are the earliest worked metals in Sardinia: there is evidence of their use from the first half of the 4th millennium BC, in the sphere of the Ozieri facies of the Final NeoIithic.

The earliest example of metal working was found in Serbia and dates to 5000 BC. That's just the earliest example which was found though. Doesn't mean metallurgy originated in the Balkans. It probably originated in the region around Mesopotamia and Anatolia going by the ancestry that the Balkans share with them.

Your map is proved wrong by my post above, and what you said disproved the argument of copper Age Anatolians bringing metallurgy to Europe

To be fair, Balkans had the most advanced civilizations at the time, not Mesopotamia which would surpass them more than a thousand years later.
It's easy to imagine the most advanced civilization figuring out metallurgy first.

>and what you said disproved the argument of copper Age Anatolians bringing metallurgy to Europe

Just because a single example dates slightly older than the other one doesn't mean metallurgy originated there. We just didn't find an older example from the Middle East yet: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalcolithic#Middle_East

>The Timna Valley contains evidence of copper mining in 7000–5000 BCE.

They wuz black

The early europeans, southern or otherwise, came from the yamnaya culture and I'm pretty sure they're the migratory wave that went straight southwestward through the balkans, they didnt go through anatolia. Although those who went theough anatolia like the early indo-europeans, and later the mitanni and cimmerians, looped back around as well.

Phoneposting atm and dont have the yamnaya migration gif

>The early europeans, southern or otherwise, came from the yamnaya culture

t. American /pol/pro with severe assburgers

Yamna are a very late phenomenon of the late 4th millenium BC.
Americans rangebanned when?

>?????
what has that got to do with /pol/? I was genuinely under the impression that the yamna were the earliest culture linked to european development. Correct me by all means if I'm wrong but your post doesnt really convey anything but memes

Usually when you see something stupid on Veeky Forums it originates in /pol/ and from an American.
Yamna are a late culture and Europe had many cultures before them.

Turks, especially those from the heartlands of the old Ionian Greek cities, have virtually no genetic connection to Turkic nomads - not sure whether it goes back further than simply being a bunch of Greeks who got cucked so hard they started to believe they were Turks though.

Fair enough. Anything pre-4000BC isnt really my forte tbqh, I came across that idea when reading about the kurgan hypothesis.

DNA =/= culture, language, ethnicity

languages and cultures can move around the map and spread to different areas without the genetic makeup of the population being altered. that doesn't mean that the people have any less of a claim to cultural continuity with those who practiced the same or similar customs as them