Can we get a miners' general thread going?

Feel free to discuss, ask questions, share profits, tips, and other information here.

Almost began mining and almost purchased BTC in 2012... whoopsies. Now I want to get into mining.

I want to get into mining LTC or some other coins which aren't BTC/ETH. Can someone post some websites and resources which can direct me to buying myself some hardware, premade or to build myself?

Can I buy these hardwares WITH BTC/LTC to avoid cashing out (fees, taxes, etc)?

Am I able to switch between mining BTC and another altcoin, such as DASH, assuming that is mineable?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubiqscan.io/en/address/0xDc550f4cB5401362f5FDA720367951019759F7c8
ubiqpool.io/#/account/0xdc550f4cb5401362f5fda720367951019759f7c8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll sell you a rx470 red devil discreetly for 8 LTC.

How'd you know what motherboards are compatible with running more than 2 graphics cards? I'd like to build a 6 GPU rig eventually but I don't know how to choose a motherboard.

Also do you need extra PSU's once you go above a certain number of GPU's?

Amount of pcie slots and how much power each slot can handle.

You don't have a general because mining is shit. I build rigs and resell them to morons like who can barely operate a computer outside of pressing the on button, and trying to get into the market while it's being flooded. I built a $1500 rig and sold it for $2700 just two days ago, and a few days before that, $1200 for $2000. Plugging your magic mine box into the wall won't print your bill payments for you, even comparable to your wagecuck job it's still shit, unless you manage to swing a major custom-ASIC/Scrypt minor for retail price during peak times, or gain access to a large network of computers with spare HDD space and mine BURST (school computer labs will work for this, unlike CPU/GPU mining, all you need is a hefty HDD). But good luck, the L3+ is on backorder for 3 months at $800 above MSRP from retailer, $3000 over MSRP second hand.

Let the gooks have their mining farms, I'd rather make upwards of a grand a week selling these steaming hot piles of metallic shit to morons and invest it then make 30% gains in two days than burn my house down scraping an imaginary system that nobody in the real world gives a shit about for pajeets imaginary online fun money.

I was looking into building a rig last weekend and here's what I found out.

At current speeds/prices, it only takes about 3 months to break even on a rig mining eth. The amount of profit will go down over time unless the price keeps mooning. Pretty much all GPUs are sold out and are being resold for huge markups.

>mined 1000 euro worth of ethereum on my rig last month
>my country's average salary is 500 euro
>tfw can not work and just sell however much i need to live on and flip the rest
Its pretty comfy user i dunno why you're so angry.

If your countries electrcity prices are relatively cheap its a good idea to have a miner.

But you need a large space to put it in or an AC

That's imo tho.

How much would it cost to set up a great rig to mine enough to make a good profit? How many thousands?

my rig i bought 45 days ago's cost was 2000 euro(bought it off a guy parts price is probably around 1500) 6x RX 580

Something I have not taken into consideration as an amerilard who cannot think outside of his own borders, probably worth it in a smaller country since it can be exchanged against USD. My apologies user

$2000 is a steal for that now. If you can even find 580s in stock, they're usually about $500 USD or more. You could flip that on ebay for $6000 USD or so very quickly.

Hold on to your nuts boys, Nvidia is releasing two mining cards (as a fuck you to AMD). It is based on the 106 (i.e. GTX 1060) and 104 (i.e. GTX 1070) architecture. These cards should run 200 usd for former and 350 for the latter. They are completely headless. The 106 should do 25 MH/s (Ethash) and someone who can't get their meds right is saying that 104 could to up to 60 MH/s. Add this to 3 month warranty. tl;dr - Nvidia is releasing a repackaged headless garbage cards, claiming superior performance, no resale chance and a shorter warranty for marginal improvement in the Ethash rate.

Yes I'm aware. we were lucky when we bought a few miners.
I'm not selling it tho im mining like 1000 euro worth a month i really don't see why i'd sell it.

Faggot. I built my own gaming PC two years ago, I know full well how to use a computer. There's a difference between building a standard PC and setting up a mining rig with multiple GPUs.

However not all of us are autistic faggots who do nothing but spend their lives jacking off over their superior Linux version 7.2.3 super computer.

Isn't AMD also releasing mining cards?
heard something about that.

That's not bad. I have really been considering mining. I have the money to get a great rig.

Why buy the crypto at an inflated rate when I can spend one initial investment and mine to my hearts content? It seems the most logical thing to do. Day trading crypto is not for me.

"The Nvidia GP106-100 mining GPUs will not be available on the regular market to the regular users apparently, they are going to be sold only in large volume to big customers such as cloud mining companies like Genesis Mining and/or other big private mining operations. So the whole thing should not make any difference to smaller home miners as they are most likely not going to be able to get their hands on the hardware anyway."

Not saying you should, just saying you could. When the difficulty jumps and prices go to shit, or PoS enables on ETH (and if you don't want to switch to another coin, assuming you're mining ETH) you'll still probably make a profit purely on the hardware alone.

>I built my own gaming computer
An autistic monkey could build that. There's no excuse for getting into a hardware-dominated market [mining] where a small difference in something like the quality of a connection or a few ticks on the mem/core clock could net you extra dollars per day, and not knowing what a fucking pcie slot is.

Oh yeah that's the plan
either selling it or just moving to another GPU coin to mine.
:3

desu I am disappointed in AMD. Whatever the fuck is up with the memory shortages is not going to get resolved with repackaged mining cards as they cannot get their models in stock for a while. Yes, they are having a c-section with the Vega but it is as far as I am aware a new architecture. I am not expecting them to be power efficient. So probably no for vega in mining. If they try to repackage RX580s a la nvidia then they can just fuck off. Probably the best thing that NVidia or AMD can do is just put a team to improve their drivers for the current cards. Anything else is just a pipe dream.

rx 570 powercolor red devil edition, is there anything that tops its performance? Mining UBIQ atm

i wouldn't know
im running at 175 megahashes with 6x580's
(ethereum mining)

I have built mining site half a year ago, and currently i'm pulling more than 200$ a day, where realistic average monthly salary around here is 700$. I admit building miners today is pretty crap, but if you're in a game for a while it is a steady money printing machine.

I got a 6950 Saphire 2gb to do 350Mh/s which is dogshit, but hey I got it for free.

How does it feel to corner the market of autistic gaming mokeys?

If I want to start mining some shitcoin will it be worth it do it with my gaming PC? Talking like CANN or something equivalent. RX480 with 12gb ddr4

you should be getting 5-10 more than that with 580s. I'd venture to say about 185.

powercolor is shit. if you're looking at the refurbs for sale on newegg, don't. Probably come from pajeets mining farm anyway and they're so far over msrp it's retarded.

nah i tried everything thats the barrier
it starts hard locking at 180 and im not autistic enough to restart it once a day.

Is there still a point in mining with an old 7850 1GB I have? I stopped in 2014 and now it seems very different. What's this thing with needing +2GB? Electricity is free for me.

I'd take a dead old lady's money from her purse before I called 911 to report her stroke

so, factoring that in, pretty good since they're making me about a grand a week right now (before investing)

Mine Zcash or Siacoin

Stop with the mining you retarded fuckers
I can't even build a damn PC cause i have to wait for out of stock graphics

Eth DAG file is above 2GB which means without special coding for your miner you need at least a 3GB vidya card.

Rich Indian dude at work is going to mine ETH or BTC. His uncle is letting him use the freezer in his convenience store for servers with free electricity. He offered to let me go half on the graphics cards or w/e.

Is it worth it? I have no idea how to mine etc, just interested in being a silent partner.

ACing that room will drive up electricity use further. Just live in a cold dry climate and open a window

yea but my electricity is dirt cheap.
also i have an AC cause i like to CHILL

LAWL. In the freezers? Are you fucking stupid? Besides everyone is looking for cards. You wont get any.

probably not. But after reading Sia whitepaper, and you speculate it's going to 1-$5 then it might be worth it. Ethereum definitely seems like a ponzi scheme now that I understand how it works

Ethereum is definitely a Ponzi Scheme. He is actually switching to Proof of Stake so that he can throw his Giant Market Cap into the Engine and generate his own Money.

Smart autist that guy. Bamboozling Hordes of Veeky Forums Morons.

It's not an actual freezer, it's the part of the store where they cool drinks to be sold.

Guys can we think about what all the miners are going to do once ETH goes PoS. Which coin will they all migrate to? Will a coin secretly be pushed by AMD and nVid to boost demand for their cards?

Why haven't we seen a CPU coin being heavily pushed (by Intel, secretly) I imagine it would add to their bottom line. They also heavily promote scientific computing so researchers will buy their cores.

The Ethereum Autist will purposely destroy the currency by creating Gigantic interest for Rich People that ends up hurting everyone else who is not Rich.

Everyone will abandon ship and this will create Opportunity for other Currencies to come in and take over.

So there is no way to join a Staking pool, you can literally only stake from you account? Like the top 25 accounts will get 99.99% of the ETH

If the Ethereum Autist actually does own 30% or more of the Currency like everyone is saying then no wonder he is pushing Proof of Stake so hard...

He is the one who stands to gain the most out of it. Pool or not, the #1 Holder of the Currency would get the most Interest out of it.

Sounds like a pretty clear motivation to me.

Also have you considered the possibility that this Ethereum Autist will bring the Government to Crypto when they find out people are making HUGELY ILLEGAL Interest Rates?

As far as I know in America the Maximum Interest Rate is 20% Per Year... What if he creates a System that is giving 100% Per Year?

He might be the Destroyer of Crypto.

>Implying that Americas laws mean fuck all to the rest of the world.

The rest of the world don't care, really we don't.

You will care when that American Money goes away.

Just checked and I found nothing.

What did you check and how could you have found anything?

There's nothing to look at foreign Communist.

What are those hs drops? What am I doing wrong?
gtx 1060 3bg palit stormx @ 60-65C, 50 core clock, 870 memory clock, 65 power limit. Power souce is fine and strong, holds 12v lines easy. Newest drivers, windows 10. Any advice? Cards drop hashrate randomly, GPU 0 dropping more than others, and they go back to usual hashrate right away. Any advice?

You should be using Integrated Graphics for your Video.

If you don't have Integrated Graphics then the Graphics Card is rendering Windows therefore creating a Slowdown in the Hashrate.

My girlfriend is Mining with 6 GTX 1070s and is playing World of Warcraft on the same Computer with Integrated.

No Lag and a Stable Hashrate.

Today I set up UBIQ mining, but it completely clogs my PC for some reason, unlike every other miner I've tried so far for other coins.

It's the Claymore one.

Getting around 18MH/s with my underclocked GTX 970, but no UBIQ has even been counted yet:
ubiqscan.io/en/address/0xDc550f4cB5401362f5FDA720367951019759F7c8

Maybe I need to let it run longer to be recognized by the network.

1. How do I do it then and
2. Why different cards drop their hashrate then? I thought only GPU 0 should if it's the case. Besides, there is no HDMI or anything plugged into those cards, just using teamviewer.

This topic is so fucking esoteric to me. I have very little idea of what I'm reading in this thread.

It sucks to be a technologically illiterate cuck.

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to put all of that hardware together to mine some altcoins.

If a guide existed, that would be great.

>There's a difference between building a standard PC and setting up a mining rig with multiple GPUs.
Barely.

Seems the pool just needed some time to recognize me:
ubiqpool.io/#/account/0xdc550f4cb5401362f5fda720367951019759f7c8

Cool, gonna mine for fun for a few hours.

I planned to make a guide for generals for newbies but I'm such a lazy shitter, maybe one day user I'll find the willpower to do it.

Well let's figure it out then. Do you have Discord?

I got someone covering my electricity bill. How feasible would it be to get a GPU that can be used for both mining and gaming and break even on mining so I basically get a free GPU?

The Electricity Cost should be literally nothing... then again my Electric is so cheap. I only pay $.08/KwH (Poor Foreign Communist Bastards).

You really ought to pay your dues. What kind of person makes money and then doesn't pay the expense to run it?

>You could flip that on ebay for $6000 USD or so very quickly
No he couldn't. Just because scalpers are listing things for retarded prices doesn't mean there are retards willing to actually pay those prices.

It's part of a contract, so I don't see any issues with it. Obviously I don't wanna abuse it too much.

Is bitcoin mining still profitable?

Is the investmen just as big as you want? In terms of power I mean.

I wanted to test the waters with an old computer or a Raspberry Pi but I guess that would be pretty much useless.

>I wanted to test the waters with an old computer or a Raspberry Pi but I guess that would be pretty much useless.

jesus christ can't you read a fucking thread?

Ohh I got it. So the Electricity is included. Well sure man!

It is extremely profitable but Bitcoin is a Dead Horse. Great place to move your Money but Mining does absolutely nothing.

whattomine.com will give you some information on what to do depending on your Machine and the Hashrate on chosen Algorithms.

to me it wasn't even back in 2013 and didn't look back on it till now.
could've mined eth if kept in touch.
i am going to start mining dgb now as it's price is still low and it's going to at least double before august.

Should I switch from SC mining to Kurrent? Seems like a stupidly easy decision but I feel like there's something I'm missing here.

Currently MIning 25tb burst plots. Feels good not having to pay mad money for electricity

Yes, but I don't have a mic, and my english is bad

My sia miners stopped working. I use a
.bat file to mine (marlin.bat from sia's own site) and recently it doesn't even open. Which miner do you use?

Also anyone know how to move directly from sia UI? I know it's terminal has the capability buy what am i missing?

Well that's alright man. Have you tried Overclocking your GTX 1060 3GBs?

I could give you my Stable Overclock Numbers for that Card if you like.

Tested it ourselves. Been running for 12 Days without Crashing, Freezing or Reboot. Using MSI Afterburner.

How to mine* directly from sia UI

As stated above, 50 core clock, 870 memory clock, 65 power limit. 100 core clock was too much for 65 power limit so I lowered it with no major impact on ethash hashrate. It used to work for days sometimes, but randomly, some problems appear. this one being the most frequent.

And sure I'd like to take a look at numbers that work for you.

Oh, and the motherboard is z97 sabertooth, if it can be a source for some of the problems.

Good thread, just finished building a 7 card rig yesterday, its been dual mining Ethereum/Siacoin for the past 24 and its stable as fuck while doing 217Mh/s for Ethereum and 2300Mh/s for Siacoin drawing 930w from the wall.

Here memory clock is lowered to 840, same shit.

Well I am just wondering why you would use that piece of shit Claymore made. It has no faster Hashrate than Ethminer.

He claims it can mine 2 different Currencies at the same time at no speed cost but it isn't true.

Would Ethminer get more reliable results? Going to have to try it I think.

A/B Testing!

Sweet man. I want to keep growing. Grats on your new System. 930W is a very low number... are you using GTX 1060s?

I know the 1070s would get you some pretty high Power Consumption.

Thanks! using 7 gigabyte GTX1070 founders edition, with nvOC as the OS, i limit their power to 120w per card and overclock them to +200 for the core and +1600 for the memory, very stable overall.

Probably using one of them Top-End PSUs too.

For me I am running 12/2 (w/Ground) Direct Burial Electric Cable from the Breaker Box to each Computer with a 20 Amp Breaker.

Gives an 80% Utilization Max of 1920W which gives enough Headroom for almost anything I want to do at insane Overclocks.

Might be something you want to consider. In many ways New Wiring CAN BE safer if done properly.

Got this miner, if I'm not mistaken. It looks like this now. Not sure how to read the log tbqh

It's true but for AMD card, if you have nvidia cards don't use claymore miner, and in fact don't even mine ethereum, there are better cryptos for nvidia.

That looks exactly like mine. Sadly it's a little harder to read what is going on. The Benchmark is a lot more accurate than the actual Mining part.

I see you use Ethermine... if you keep it running for 24 Hours it will give you the sure numbers. Ethermine is REALLY GREAT with their Worker Statistics!

Either way, there's a Benchmark inside of the options. You'll just have to use the Benchmark Flag first.

I wasn't aware. Maybe I gave him an unfair shake then since I don't use AMD. Thank you for the information.

I'll be a little more careful about the shit I talk then!

it's really not that hard dude.

I can tell you didn't even try to google it because there's shitloads of youtube tutorials that pop right up when you do.

I'll try to leave it working with ethminer and see what happens. And benchmarking mode seems to just crash the miner. What should my .bat look like? I guess my 47th chromosome prevents proper benchmarking.

I know, I just started mining it to test this whole thing out, so now I want to get my eth sent to the wallet and then I'll think if I'll mine zec, LBRY or something.

There is a fuckton of guides on youtube tho

"E:\Mining Rig\Ethereum\Ethermine\ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1.7-cuda6.5\Release\ethminer.exe" --farm-recheck 200 -G -S us1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:14444 -O EthWallet.WorkerName

I meant the benchmarking mode. Farming works fine so far. I guess --farm is a farming mode, not benchmarking one.

Should be Ethminer.exe -G -M

So I get this and then it closes with no written logs or anything, hm.

Interesting, as for my power supply, i'm using an antec 1300w platinum, leaves plenty of overhead.

havent checked which cards are samsung memory and which are micron but i can make an educated guess based on the hash rates and temps of the cards.

i swear i have one card that i've yet to find its limit, i've already overclocked its memory by 2100 and its still around 6 degrees celsius cooler then the rest of them.. i'm a little scared of pushing it so high, can i damage it like this?

such as?
t. nvidia miner mining eth/sia

Ohh gotcha. You are running this as a BAT. Do it straight from the Command Prompt.

I bet it is giving you the Benchmark but then when the Program is done telling you what it is then it instantly closes the Window.

(Windows Key) + (R) | cmd

I have been using Multiple 80+ Gold PSUs. Would be nice to have one big one but god they are so expensive.

Can't handle it man but I appreciate that you did it right. It's just a lot of Up-Front Cost for me.

Is it ok to space the gfx cards so close like in that pic?

Just did that, exactly the same result.

Equihash(zcash,zclassic, zencash etc.)
LBRY
DGB-Skein

I found those to be the most profitable, myself I'm sticking with LBRY on my nvidia rigs.

These are all the same person posting with different id's.
LIES AND DECEIT
TREACHERY
BEWARE

Anyone have information on bios flashing 470's?
I found a guide but people in the comments sections are saying that the method bricked their same version of the card I have. I know it's possible but I have no idea how to operate atiflash.

plz respond, im probably losing 10-20% on not being able to underclock my shit.

Would mining be an efficient way to heat my house?

Haha something truly fucky going on. It works for me with Nvidia Cards. You might be stuck using Ethermine to Benchmark.

You probably should anyway. You can't trust what the Program says. I've used Programs that claim I am getting a certain Hashrate but then the numbers don't add up across Multiple Pools.

Think you're stuck man...unless you're interested in doing some Debugging.

There is also the CUDA Variant but I can't get that to work on my System.

Ethminer.exe -U -M

I have Multiple Internet Connections. I'm sorry man! I didn't make it hard for you figure out it was me though!