TECHNICAL ANALYSIS THREAD

Thread for anything technical analysis related (cryptos included)

Pic related is USD/CAD, pennant forming for heavy downside

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-16/high-speed-traders-are-taking-over-bitcoin-as-easy-money-beckons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thank god i've been putting all my canadian dollarettes in crypto.

STELLAR: I bought in a while ago at 1500. I'm thinking of dumping it. It hasn't gone down much this last week but the Stellar team, for some idiotic, fucked up reason, is having a 16 billion stellar giveaway on the 26th(?) of this month.

Wtf that's retarded

they're giving the entire 16 billion to btc holders which is a colossal FUCK YOU to people that actually spent the money and invested in their shitcoin.

The graph looks like it has potential but I'm thinking of just cutting my losses and getting out.

>TECHNICAL ANALYSIS THREAD
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-16/high-speed-traders-are-taking-over-bitcoin-as-easy-money-beckons

thread closed

hardly going to be proper HFT firms unless they've got a deal/partnership with an exchange themselves

remember the microstructure of these exchanges is pretty opaque and you've got no idea whether they're running their own market making program on the side or have partnered up with a third party to run one... given them privileged access - co-location, queue priority in the order book etc..

I mean the whole thing is unregulated so from a business perspective, if you're running an exchange, why not give yourself a hidden advantage - no one is necessarily going to find out - it doesn't affect the regular users it just means that other potential HFT firms/market makers can't compete with you..

The article literally says that there are 80% of bots on the market. Those bots can go after only a small fraction of trade working 24/7. There is no place for humans here...

I don't think you understood what I just posted

ANT (Aragon)?

you could be talking to a bot yourself user. weirder shit has happened

I'm a bot

dont, it follows XRP and XRP is good to pump.

Stellar is going down. Forget about the technical analysis, the idiots are going to dilute the value, but they are also disguising the scam which is they are going to pocket the unclaimed rewards.

I sold my bags yesterday at about break-even and I can breathe a bit better now.

If you trust the coin, sell and get in after it tanks.

What do you TA fags think of this chart?

Looks exactly like like the graph of Cannabis coin, lmao. Fucking dump it before you lose even more money.

>technical analysis
completely useless

a

This right here and it's a shame there that exchanges dont publish information about who the designated market makers and liquidity providers are and if they get anything like payment for orderflow, or rebates, or secret advanced order types like they do on the traditional exchanges.

Am I correct in thinking a moon is imminent here?

whoops
It means that it's about to moon. Volume is a bit unusual because usually, you see a huge spike then a downtrend in volume in following months but because it's a crypto it just looks like bigger players are getting in now.
Volume isn't showed in your screenshot and I don't know timeframe but it does look like it's due for a jump if volume is heavy on poles and consolidate on the flags/pennants
Couldn't find on tradingview so no graph but I think it is just retesting previous resistance before moving back up. I would buy in if you see heavy volume movements upward just to confirm the pattern in the case that recent volume spike was a fluke.

By the way, USD/CAD is still consolidating for a major move if anybody here does FOREX

Forex thread on Friday? Why?

Lol, it's a really nice pattern with really good potential return regardless of when it is. I just thought it was a good pattern, not really expecting anybody else to post forex TA on modern biz

So you think you got a flag pattern? Is it a good pattern?

It's a pennant pattern. It's not necessarily good or bad but just a signal of a continuation of previous trends. So you would want to short sell it to make money

What's that? LBC?

Meanwhile 64% of open retail positions are longs and are underwater.

Not sure what you mean by underwater, but it's not a confirmed pattern yet. Could also be forming double bottom, just have to wait to see which way it breaks out

Underwater as in long positions that where entered above current price and are in negative unrealized pnl, in other words most retail bought when it was higher and are now losing.

whats the future for this new coin on the block
i thought i bought at the bottom of the dip only for it to keep dipping

Catching a falling dagger is almost never a good idea until you know where the support levels are. I can't use the bittrex charts for the life of me but it looks like it might be forming a descending triangle. I would sell on breakout downwards unless you want to become another bagholder of a shit coin

XAU/USD could be forming an M top, volatility decreasing, the volume on the left leg much higher than on the right leg. Short sell on breakout below 1248

what time frame is the best for these meme charts?
30m? 1hr? 1 day?
t

Volume on a CFD?

15m for all of them except for the ones on bittrex because those charts are autism and I can't use them
Is it not reliable? I am new to forex, been doing stocks/crypto and obviously, volume is a key part of any trade for them

Where does the volume information come from, what does it include and what does it not include?

It's just a basic volume indicator on tradingview with histogram of volume + VMA line

Right but what exactly is that volume data?

:thinking: I realized I didn't know and I still can't figure it out RIP

on bittrex the charts work on increments(or whatever they are called) eg one bar is 30 minutes of trading ini haven't used other charts that much but i assume they instead work by displaying 30 minutes not in bars but as one whole graph
is this correct?

Well, not really. Tradingview is like Bittrex just much better software. I have barely touched other graph software like Coinigy so I wouldn't know for anything other than Tradingview